Crown Point Regional

Muckman_1999

I am interested in people's observations of the CP regional...here are some of mine...

1.  The Katsarfaros-Roadruck match was highly anticipated...great match won by Katsarfaros by pin...Katsarfaros is one of the great competitors I have ever seen in the DAC..starting qb on the football team and champion wrestler at 145...the intensity of this match was something

2.  Micic looks so effortless in winning matches...best wrestler in area and classy kid...Hughes brothers from Lowell are right behind...

3.  CP wrestlers are very hard to score on...schurgs,,,fuqua...kral..burlison....just so solid all around

4.  Valpo had an outstanding day...8 wrestlers move on to SS and 5 in the finals...2nd place finish overall shows Valpo team is becoming a real factor in region wrestling...team depth up and down is getting stronger every year...

I think he has a good chance of beating Hildebrand.  I'm sure a lot of

Hildebrand's losses came from Sinkovics, but they have mostly been in

dominating fashion.  Looking at the Evansville semi-state brackets I would

say that they have at least 4 106lbers that probably could win the Merrillville

semi-state.  My money is on Kennedy from Floyd Central.

I think he has a good chance of beating Hildebrand.  I'm sure a lot of

Hildebrand's losses came from Sinkovics, but they have mostly been in

dominating fashion.  Looking at the Evansville semi-state brackets I would

say that they have at least 4 106lbers that probably could win the Merrillville

semi-state.  My money is on Kennedy from Floyd Central.

Jake sinkovics and mike garza could probably win Evansville too.

No way in --- could Garza win the Evansville semi-state.  I've seen Kennedy from FC wrestle 113

and he was dominant and now he is 106 and I've seen Smith from Franklin, who teched

Akers.  Akers lost 11-7 (almost had a lst period pin) and lost 5 to 1 to Garza.  Those

Southern boys are too strong for Garza.  I haven't seen Sinkovics but he certainly must've

improved from last year since Garza pinned him at semi-state.

No way in --- could Garza win the Evansville semi-state.  I've seen Kennedy from FC wrestle 113

and he was dominant and now he is 106 and I've seen Smith from Franklin, who teched

Akers.  Akers lost 11-7 (almost had a lst period pin) and lost 5 to 1 to Garza.  Those

Southern boys are too strong for Garza.  I haven't seen Sinkovics but he certainly must've

improved from last year since Garza pinned him at semi-state.

You should change you name to CP FAN!  :)

I think Garza has a good chance to beat any 106er in the state...  He did get caught right at the start and was down 5-0 against Akers then shut him out and cut him the rest of the match to win pretty easily.  He probably was a bit cautious with the 5-1 win.  Akers is pretty tough as they probably will meet again in the ticket match.  I believe Garza wins Mville Semi-State at 106. 

Mike Garza was a state qualifier last year. Same as DJ smith. Smith lost to a semi state champ Boston so he was 4th in his semi state. Terrence kennedy lost in the ticket rd. Garza lost to sawyer miller who was 4th. Garza had a win over Hayden lee who was 3rd. Garza has 2 losses this year 1. Jake sinkovics and the other Jabari Moody Ill( google to find out how good) he did spot Akers 5 and came back and beat him. Riley is very good. To say he wouldn't make it out of Evansville is a little out there.

Jake sinkovics beat Hayden lee this year along with a lot of other good kids if sinkovics would have wrestled Riley your opinion of him might have been different. He is very good

Just some food for thought

Akers had weighed 120 during regional week.  Might have had something to do

with his loss to Schwartz.  Garza shoulod probably finish 2nd this Saturday so he

will wrestle a 3rd place finisher next week.  If it is from the Evansville semi-state

I'll bet a hot dog at Bankers Life on the Evansville semi-state wrestler. 

As someone posted above, Trent from NP did look very impressive last week.

Akers had weighed 120 during regional week.  Might have had something to do

with his loss to Schwartz.  Garza shoulod probably finish 2nd this Saturday so he

will wrestle a 3rd place finisher next week.  If it is from the Evansville semi-state

I'll bet a hot dog at Bankers Life on the Evansville semi-state wrestler. 

As someone posted above, Trent from NP did look very impressive last week.

If he weighed 120 during the week can be still wrestle 106.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.