Evansville Semi-State

niceshot

106 no ticket punched by Ferguson? Never in a hundred years could I see that. Smith is a good wrestler but Ferguson has wrestled much better competition than him on the national level with great success. Should be a barn burner match!

Never in a hundred years?  Should be a barn burner match?  Doesn't add up.  If it's going to be a barn burner, it shouldn't be too difficult seeing it go either way.  Without blue and silver colored glasses that is... 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

106 no ticket punched by Ferguson? Never in a hundred years could I see that. Smith is a good wrestler but Ferguson has wrestled much better competition than him on the national level with great success. Should be a barn burner match!

Never in a hundred years??  But you expect a barn burner?  Which is it?

I'm piling on, bluegray.  I do expect a barn burner. Ferguson is the real deal. His experience is equally countered by smith's.  Reitz has an edge on wreslting room quality.  On the other side, Franklin wrestles a brutal schedule, while reitz's is pretty weak.

Its going to be a great match. I don't think Ferguson will lose and out of all the 106 matches this will be the most intense because of what's riding on it. But not in 100 years to I see Ferguson not punching this ticket because of the level of out of state competition he has wrestled.

He's got a tough ticket round match w/ returning placer Brown. As mentioned in my SS preview, Parity is the word this year in Evansville.

In my eyes this is a finals-like match that got stuck in the ticket round, like how his big brother got stuck facing Kelley in the semis and not the finals

Its going to be a great match. I don't think Ferguson will lose and out of all the 106 matches this will be the most intense because of what's riding on it. But not in 100 years to I see Ferguson not punching this ticket because of the level of out of state competition he has wrestled.

What level of "out of state" competition has he had that makes him so much more prepared than D.J.?

152 Partee v Stevenson

I am surprised this match has not recieved more talk and attention...  this will be a great match with extra excitment because of it taking place in the ticket round...

how do the people who have seen thm wrestle all year see this going?  close match??

152 Partee v Stevenson

I am surprised this match has not recieved more talk and attention...  this will be a great match with extra excitment because of it taking place in the ticket round...

how do the people who have seen thm wrestle all year see this going?  close match??

I like Partee to win  ;D

What level of "out of state" competition has he had that makes him so much more prepared than D.J.?

The kid goes everywhere and goes to several camps with top placers from schools in Ohio, Missouri and Iowa. I think he also traveled with team Indiana on a few occasions if I remember right not to mention his competition in his own wrestling room. Those matches out of state and the battles I am sure he has in the room will pay dividends for that match. It will be the match to watch at 106 no doubt but I dont see Smith winning it. Its just a shame this match isnt a semi final match instead of a ticket round.

Ok I'll go first with my picks!

Kennedy

Hudkins

Smith/Fergusen winner

Schermer

E-villes deepest top 4 IMO, how good is Ferguson? Top three should place top 8 at state!

113 (yes all Evansville regionals!!!)

Kuhn

Brown

Mastison

Lehman 

Schoettle

Davis

Lahue

Etienne

Welch

Fleener/Jourdan winner

Jamison

Robles

132 (stacked weight!)

Moss

Broukal

Wedding

Karges/Lykins winner

Hupp

Kemper

Adams

Kersteins

Molloy

Brescher

Kelley  (I feel sorry for the semi state 2 guy who draws this guy!)

Weinzy

Montgomery

Stevenson/Partee winner

Stillinger

Helms

Kriech

Parkinson

Seitzinger

Franklin/Koontz winner

Galvin

Rickenbaugh/Shaffer winner

Rickenbaugh/Shaffer loser

Elmore

Thacker

Lane

Zorniger

Chambers

Thacker and Konerding ticket round will be crazy match

Fiddler

Sakill

Sandlin

Harris/Pickens winner

Boehm

Jones

Tolley

Haley

Little

Wright

Jolley-Little

Ponder

experienced weight with four great ticket round matches!

Good solid picks.. I would have a few different one

120-Schitter over Etienne

126-Orndorff over Robles

152-Henshaw over Helms

170-Schneider over Galvin

182-Konerding over Thacker

Where was Fergusen last year?  Smith has been to state and wrestled a state champ a 4 point match last year.  I hope he wins but I have Smith winning by 3.

WHo has Ferg beat this year?

He was behind 2x SQ Damon Kuhn and SQ Josh Davis. I'd say his room/practice partners are status enough to how tough the guy is.

With that being said, Smith wrestled Chad Red to a 2 pt match at MD. He is big match proven. 

BOTH of the kids are worhty. Fasten your seatbelts wrestling fans...shoud be a doozy!!

He was behind 2x SQ Damon Kuhn and SQ Josh Davis. I'd say his room/practice partners are status enough to how tough the guy is.

With that being said, Smith wrestled Chad Red to a 2 pt match at MD. He is big match proven. 

BOTH of the kids are worhty. Fasten your seatbelts wrestling fans...shoud be a doozy!!

I agree. Ferguson, Kuhn and Davis are all Regional Champions too. Smith is a great wrestler but does he have the day in and day out battles that Ferguson has?  We will see Saturday.

Hey Navy80 & TripleB here is what you have been waitn for: MY PICS  in Order

106-Kennedy, Hudkins, Smith, Schermer                            113-Kuhn, Matison, Brown, Coureur

120-Davis, LaHue, Schoettle, Schitter                                126-Welch, Jamison, Fleener, Orndorff

132-Broukal, Moss, Lykins, Wedding                                  138-Hupp, Kemper, Troutman, Meenach

145-Molloy, McCreary, Kelley, Wayant                                152-Montgomery, Stevenson, Stillinger, Helms

160-Parkinson, Kreich, Seitzinger, Franklin                          170-Rickenbaugh, Galvin, Shaffer, Elmore

182-Zorniger, Chambers, Thacker, Lane                              195-Fiddler, Salkill, Sandlin, Harris

220-Jones, Boehm, Tolley, Haley                                        HWT-Little, Oglesby, Dajani, Jolley-Little

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.