Evansville Semi-State

niceshot

5.  Ticket Round - Neil Molloy vs. Richard Osha.  Any chance for an upset here?  I know nothing about Osha than he's ranked.

Even though Osha is a solid wrestler in his own right I'm not sure anyone but Kelley is going to touch Molloy this weekend.  I am wondering how Osha ended up in 3rd out of that regional though.  I didn't expect him to drop to that spot and have this tough of a battle to move on. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

106 Ferguson vs Smith is going to be exciting. I am obviously picking Ferguson simply because of the quality of his partners in the room. That's a monumental advantage this late in the season. Their 106-120 high skill level line up will be a key to their having a good practice week and most kids (minus Mater Dei) don't have that right now.

OSHA wont score a point on Molloy.  OSHA got best by Newforth Owen valley by a couple I believe.

I agree that Molloy should not have a problem with Osha.  Newforth was winning 8-2 at the time of his fall over Osha.  After that, I expected Newforth to challenge Brescher more than he did instead of a 13-3 loss.  Must be a odd matchup issue between Osha, Newforth, Brescher. (Osha has won 2 of 3 against Brescher)

106 Ferguson vs Smith is going to be exciting. I am obviously picking Ferguson simply because of the quality of his partners in the room. That's a monumental advantage this late in the season. Their 106-120 high skill level line up will be a key to their having a good practice week and most kids (minus Mater Dei) don't have that right now.

I agree, but Franklin has several qaulity workout partners in Wilkerson and Reese.  Not the quality that Fergusen has but close.

Matchick, was right.  I do remember that.  Kuhn got caught late.  I also remember Kennedy's ticket round match (against Brown, I think, but not sure) that was very tight and a tough.  I think it may have gone to OT.  I remember feeling that Kennedy was worthy of moving on, but the field was just tough as hell.

Yes Kennedy went against Brown in the ticket round last year.... I had seen Kennedy at the begining and then the middle of the season.. Not taking anything from Brown at all, but Kennedy looked like he had been fighting to maintain his weight.. very slow not his usual self

5.  Ticket Round - Neil Molloy vs. Richard Osha.  Any chance for an upset here?  I know nothing about Osha than he's ranked.

An all american, 3x state qualifier and State Champion isn't going to get beaten in the ticket round at semi-state.

Not making predictions, but thought I would highlight some interesting match ups and brackets.  I've done 106-145.  Check it out and if it is worth reading, I'll do the upper weights.  I don't know the wrestlers as well as many of you do on here so I will ask questions on some and may miss an interesting match up here or there.  Feel free to add.  I will refer to the SS rankings created here.  Insert potential before match every time I am referring to a future match up.

1.  #1, 2, 3 - all in upper bracket.  2 of 3 will be eliminated before the final.

2.  Ticket round - The big match that stands out is the match between Tyler Ferguson and DJ Smith.  Sad that either #2 or 3 won't sniff the semi finals.

3.  The winner of that bout is rewarded with a semifinal match against #1 Kennedy. 

4. 1st round match of Isaac Gomez #6 vs. Cale McCoy #8

1. Opening Rd - 1 seed Jasi Coureur (sp?) vs. 4 seed Mitch Lehman.  A function of a super strong Castle regional that the seeds are opposite the rankings.  Don't know much about Coureur but looks like an opportunity for Lehman to get to the semis.

2.  Opening Rd - Jacob Brown vs. Austin Ely?  Records are both strong.  Does Ely have a realistic chance or is this just a mirage because of the competition Brown has faced?

3. Ticket Round - Damon Kuhn vs. Hunter Fox.  Wasn't Fox a SQ last year? 

4. Ticket Round - Elliot Molloy vs. Jacob Brown.  Are these two ticket round matches the only ones keeping this from being an all-Castle top 4 or am I giving Lehman too much credit?

1.  Ticket Round - Bailey LaHue vs. Alex Johnson - overall, aside from possibly Lehman, it appears MD did not get very good draws.

2. Semifinal - LaHue/Johnson winner vs. Schoettle - makes #1,2 & 4 all in upper part of bracket.  Easy road for Reitz' Davis?

It amazes me how anyone can say any wrestler has an easy road.  It is in my opinion disrespectful..almost sounds like he doesn't deserve to be there.  This is a great bunch at 120.  I enjoy watching them all.  I haven't seen Lahue wrestle yet this season.  Looking forward to every match.  Everyone of these kids deserve to be there and NO ONE has an easy match not alone an EASY ROAD. 

Nick Etienne is my dark horse at 120!! I know I'm a little biased but the kid is pretty good

Jones should have a good day and pull out the title!

I think Zorniger will make it out as well

Go Avon and good luck to all wrestlers competing this week!!!

I have eitienne making it out.

Nick Etienne is my dark horse at 120!! I know I'm a little biased but the kid is pretty good

Jones should have a good day and pull out the title!

I think Zorniger will make it out as well

Go Avon and good luck to all wrestlers competing this week!!!

Etienne isn't really a dark horse, he's the highest SS ranked kid in his quarter bracket

Where is a good place to eat around Ford Center . U know a steak , burger and fries for the kids and cold beverages..  Wish we had the RAM down here in Eville !!

Main Gate Bar and Grill is good.  Not sure if it is kid friendly though.  Had a good atmosphere and good food, including pizza and is easily within walking distance.  1/2 block away

It amazes me how anyone can say any wrestler has an easy road.  It is in my opinion disrespectful..almost sounds like he doesn't deserve to be there.  This is a great bunch at 120.  I enjoy watching them all.  I haven't seen Lahue wrestle yet this season.  Looking forward to every match.  Everyone of these kids deserve to be there and NO ONE has an easy match not alone an EASY ROAD.

Everything is relative, relax.  It's a given there is no truly easy road, this is semi-state!    Fwiw, I didn't say he had an easy road, I asked because I am not familiar with some of the other wrestlers in his bracket.  But let's be straight..  I'd rather have Davis' road than be in the other side of the bracket!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.