Ticket Round Matches

Y2CJ41

I'm all for the ticket round matches meaning a trip to state or a trip home it makes its a very intense and very exciting for both fans and wrestler.  I was a victim of the ticket round twice in my career my sophomore year had 7 losses 1 to the state champ and 4 to the state runner up and drew a 4x champ in the round to go unfortunate because I had majored the kid who got 3rd at state.  Junior year got upset in ot at regionals and drew a 2x state champ 1x runner up in the round to go he beat me 6-5 and won his state finals with his closest match was a 9point victory.  Not all of the best guys make state which is bad but you can't beat the atmosphere of the ticket round.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say that most of you have made some very good arguements, and wish I had the power to change the situation. I do feel bad for so many of the wrestlers who have fallen into such bad draws. Fabio, I think you have the right plan. I enjoy this board, Joe Caprino has done a great job of promoting this sport. I get on this web site  and really enjoy most of everyones opinions. Your passion for the sport speaks volume. I have been  involved in several sports, but I was not a wrestler. My kids got me into the sport, and I love it. The best sport in the world, for several reasons. Most of my reasons have nothing to do with winning or losing. So, I get it. My trust is with all of you who have done this sport and know what is best for kids. " Situation " your point is taken, my son was in the middle of the Eppert and Schoettle ticket round, Jimmy won the regionals and got the worst draw you could get. Jimmy should of had the opportunity to advance. We can only hope the IHSAA gets it right.  Peace..

Or you could just tell the guy you were kidding instead of insulting him.

You need to read his quote beneath his picture to grasp what I am alluding to lol. If it's dumb then I guess it's not stupid? Hmmm...this thread has unraveled

Lighten up Francis, I bet your #170 isn't a #2 or #3 state ranked wrestler who has only 1 loss who has split with the current #1,or the #3 who's only losses this year has been to the current #1 and #2 ranked state is he? lol

Yeah he is not ranked great point...we should have wrestle backs its been discussed...now how are the rankings done after the state finals? I am kind of new to the sport.

To be named a state champion means that you are the best in that weight class during that year.  This means you may face a tough opponents early or later but sometime during this course you will have to show what you are made of. NO MORE EXCUSES IT'S TIME TO BRING IT OR  LOOSE IT.  (side bar full wrestle backs would be nice)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.