Ticket Round Matches

Y2CJ41

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing Indiana doesnt have wrestlebacks. What a travesty.

Good thing Indiana doesnt have wrestlebacks. What a travesty.

It's a shame, but that's wrestling and you can only worry about who is next, not how the brackets are set-up, especially at the Semi-state level.  These guys should worry about the opportunity and what is in front of them. Glogouski has now seen that Phillips is beatable, and for Phillips it's redemption.  

Not too long ago, there were plenty of very good 3rd place regional finishers who did not make it to semi-state because we only took 2. And before that there were plenty of good wrestlers who finished 3rd or 4th at Semi-state that did not make it to Market Square Arena because they only took 2 or 3 out of semi-state.   Life's not fair.

Not too long ago, there were plenty of very good 3rd place regional finishers who did not make it to semi-state because we only took 2. And before that there were plenty of good wrestlers who finished 3rd or 4th at Semi-state that did not make it to Market Square Arena because they only took 2 or 3 out of semi-state.   Life's not fair.

Yeah, lets go back to those great old days. While we're at it, let's get rid of peniccilin and pasturization. It was much better when 2/3 of the world's population was wiped out by disease every few years.

Yeah, lets go back to those great old days. While we're at it, let's get rid of peniccilin and pasturization. It was much better when 2/3 of the world's population was wiped out by disease every few years.

LOL

Survival of the fittest

LOL, not trying to come off as uncaring, but, :

#1 - We are going to compare not having wrestle-backs at Semi-State to the cures of penicillin and pasteurization? Alrighty then...

#2 - How about we enjoy the matches first, and complain later.  Why don't we just award matches based on rankings, records and seeds and skip actually wrestling.  Is it fair to the - 3-seed & 4-seed guys in the same bracket as well? When does it end?

#3 - Just providing perspective that there were some studs that did not make it out, but will tell you regardless, just having the opportunity to be a wrestler was one of the best experiences and lessons, win or lose.  Just freaking enjoy it.

It doesnt matter the ranking at this point...if he is #2 or #3 in the state then he better win his match then wrestle good next weekend and get up on the podium and get his medal. Watch the 170 kid from Elwood. He has a tough tough match in the ticket round but the kid is a gamer.

It doesnt matter the ranking at this point...if he is #2 or #3 in the state then he better win his match then wrestle good next weekend and get up on the podium and get his medal. Watch the 170 kid from Elwood. He has a tough tough match in the ticket round but the kid is a gamer.

Sure, that theory works for the one that makes it. For the one that doesn't though, it will be pretty rough watching 14 other guys that he could likely beat (just assuming based on rankings) go to state because they got a better draw.  Not only is it bad for that individual but it is bad for the sport. I don't know much about this particular weight class, I just saw the bad match up based on the ranking. I know those aren't perfect and anything can happen in any match but it still a decent baseline for my point. 

I'm all for "life is not fair", etc but come on. 

Sure, that theory works for the one that makes it. For the one that doesn't though, it will be pretty rough watching 14 other guys that he could likely beat (just assuming based on rankings) go to state because they got a better draw.  Not only is it bad for that individual but it is bad for the sport. I don't know much about this particular weight class, I just saw the bad match up based on the ranking. I know those aren't perfect and anything can happen in any match but it still a decent baseline for my point.   

I'm all for "life is not fair", etc but come on. 

If life isn't fair because you got the tougher draw then win...if you can't beat the opponent now then you wouldnt do it at bankerslife either. I am from the same town as Sammy and he was the first regional champ from our school in a long time(and this is a school that won 20 straight conference titles). So him winning regional is big for how the program is coming back together. He then gets a draw where he will likely face the #3 ranked kid in the ticket round. That stinks but that is how it works. Now its up to him to win his way to state. Y2 put up at the top of this thread about the Phillips kid from Yorktown. One of those top ranked wrestlers isnt going to state, but the better one that day will go on. I know a kid that lost his freshman year in the ticket round. It was his only loss that year. The next year he gave a 3x champ a run for his money. His dad told me at state that losing that ticket round match the year before was hard but it made him better. No matter how much it sucks wrestling prepares these kids to be the best possible human beings they can. I sucked at wrestling but because I was in it, I learned that you got to work hard or life or some one across the mat from you is going to kick your butt.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.