How hard is it to be a wrestling parent

jchas

Wrestling is by far the most grueling sport for a parent.  When your child loses it is agonizing and you feel their pain because you know how difficult the sport can be, but when they win a big match you experience the joy right along with them.  That is why we all love the sport.  You are part of the journey right along with them

When the hard work pays off, there is no better feeling! But the time in between is more difficult to express in words. Wrestling is more than a sport at this level. You're watching your sons (or daughters) go from kids to young adults. A tough period in its own w/o the wrestling. But we all know the life lessons, hard work, goals, ect. But sitting back & experiencing the grueling practices, weight cutting, & sacrifices is tough. I love this sport. The hardest thing & most rewarding thing at the end of the day is being a parent.

I have 3 kids and they have all played several sports.

I believe there is nothing more nerve racking than

watching my son wrestle.  Does anyone else feel the same!

it really is nerve racking but when your kid wins its a great feeling, if u lose, you just know that he can only get better

A lot of great memories ,and some not so great . But there's. no sport like it. Its for the most part one big family when the kids are younger.When HS comes it all changes .Playtimes over.Coached some great kids from all over the state one time or another.Met some great families .Just tought my 1year old nefew his stance and to sproll this week.. ;D

Coached both my boys in football baseball wrestling and being the parent only the last two years has been way harder than anytime when I was coaching. Sectonal last week was quite the challenge working time clock on one mat while he Wrestled on another. cant wait for tomorrow. good luck to all the wrestlers

Coached both my boys in football baseball wrestling and being the parent only the last two years has been way harder than anytime when I was coaching. Sectonal last week was quite the challenge working time clock on one mat while he Wrestled on another. cant wait for tomorrow. good luck to all the wrestlers

I wonder if your affair with a gorilla had any affect on it?

Wrestling is by far the most grueling sport for a parent.  When your child loses it is agonizing and you feel their pain because you know how difficult the sport can be, but when they win a big match you experience the joy right along with them.  That is why we all love the sport.  You are part of the journey right along with them

perfectly said......and i try my best not to yell or scream to loud but i still find myself doing it......things i never did during football, baseball or any of the other many sports they have played over the years......my oldest is a senior this year and it's hard to believe that little kid i took to elkhart memorials wrestling camp 10 years ago is finalizing his wrestling career....off to franklin college next year to play football.....another chapter starts....but i still have my youngest for another 2 years wrestling and i look forward to it......and to seeing all of the kids and parents that we have made friends with over the years......

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.