Sliga vs Robinson

overtime

Gelen will earn his credit on the mat unlike all the credit that sliga gets on this board the last few years. You would think Sliga would be a 3xer going for his fourth according to the comment on this board. 

name 1 person that was a 4 timer that was bigger than 125lbs his freshman year cuz from what i can remember Jason Tsirtsis was the biggest 4 timer as a freshman...

Sliga was 189lb his Freshman yr and he got 3rd at 14/15 yrs old wrestling nothin but 17/19 yr olds... so anybody that trys to downplay what he has done in his career is a MORON....

SO LONG STORY SHORT....YOU ARE A MORON

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

name 1 person that was a 4 timer that was bigger than 125lbs his freshman year cuz from what i can remember Jason Tsirtsis was the biggest 4 timer as a freshman...

Sliga was 189lb his Freshman yr and he got 3rd at 14/15 yrs old wrestling nothin but 17/19 yr olds... so anybody that trys to downplay what he has done in his career is a MORON....

SO LONG STORY SHORT....YOU ARE A MORON

Ritter and maurer were both bigger then 125 as freshmen I believe.  Maurer was 130 and ritter was up in the bigget weights.

Sliga was a true frosh wrestling 89,that's different a 14 89lbr wrestling a 19 yr old 89lbr.A big difference then 125Lbrs the same age difference .He had the likes of wrestling. Mike Jones. his frosh yr. Mike was a true beast.

Jason, these people kill me....all im saying is these people are downplaying a career that will end up 3rd,3rd,1st,1st......i say he goes down as 1 of the all time greats, PERIOD....but i guess in this day & age thats just a standard high school career, & he should be consider mediocre not great....GET THE EFFF OUTTA HERE

I don't think anyone is saying sliga is not a great wrestler, I think everyone said he was the better wrestler in that match up (and gelen looks like he's got a very good shot at winning 2 titles himself) but with that weight and his athletisim, he will cause sliga issues.

Jason, these people kill me....all im saying is these people are downplaying a career that will end up 3rd,3rd,1st,1st......i say he goes down as 1 of the all time greats, PERIOD....but i guess in this day & age thats just a standard high school career, & he should be consider mediocre not great....GET THE EFFF OUTTA HERE

Who cares?  They are both great athlete's who are going to do well at the next level.  I can tell you if Gelen had decided to dedicate year round focus and camping on wrestling, look out. A part timer who as a sophomore got 3rd at 220lbs, placed in Shot-put and Discus in Track, and 1st Team all State in football. It would be great to keep guys like this in wrestling

Sliga will do well at Northwestern - reminds me of former Warsaw, IN 1985 State champ Mark Whitehead. Great athlete who was only a 1x state champ, but he then went on to have a great college career with over 100 wins at Northwestern,  was a Big Ten Champ, and an NCAA runner-up at 190 lb in 1989.

Good luck to both of them.

Seeing people on here almost bashing Sliga is VERY maddening. I am sure Robinson is a great athlete, but to compare him to one of Indiana's best WRESTLERS ever is crazy. Remember this, look at Robinsons weight class. 220 is very bad. The wrestling in that weight class is almost nonexistant, not that 195 is the greatest. I even think most Sliga bashers belittle his talent because 195 isnt that great, but 220 is terrible. Remember Sliga only lost to Braden Atwood and Aaron Stephenson (2 damn good college wrestlers) in his h.s career. Sliga wins EVERY time. Maybe not TF or major, but EVERY time.

Seeing people on here almost bashing Sliga is VERY maddening. I am sure Robinson is a great athlete, but to compare him to one of Indiana's best WRESTLERS ever is crazy. Remember this, look at Robinsons weight class. 220 is very bad. The wrestling in that weight class is almost nonexistant, not that 195 is the greatest. I even think most Sliga bashers belittle his talent because 195 isnt that great, but 220 is terrible. Remember Sliga only lost to Braden Atwood and Aaron Stephenson (2 damn good college wrestlers) in his h.s career.

Almost bashing is better than completely bashing?

Seeing people on here almost bashing Sliga is VERY maddening. I am sure Robinson is a great athlete, but to compare him to one of Indiana's best WRESTLERS ever is crazy. Remember this, look at Robinsons weight class. 220 is very bad. The wrestling in that weight class is almost nonexistant, not that 195 is the greatest. I even think most Sliga bashers belittle his talent because 195 isnt that great, but 220 is terrible. Remember Sliga only lost to Braden Atwood and Aaron Stephenson (2 damn good college wrestlers) in his h.s career. Sliga wins EVERY time. Maybe not TF or major, but EVERY time.

Really?? I think you are a basher.. right off hand you bash the Region as "over rated" and you bash the 220# group saying the wrestling in that group is "nonexistant". Your opinion is one thing, but your bashing is another.. so what's next??

Not true, Sliga also has losses to Michael Johnson-Jones and Michael Duckworth.  He is still a great wrestler, but, he does have more than the two losses your saying.

No one bashed him. You might be the only person doing any bashing. Just because people think a wrestler who will likely be a two time state champ and 1 time 3rd placer, who has a size advantage, could give sliga a match, is not bashing sliga at all!

I hear ya, Sliga is an amazing athlete to wrestle they guys he had to wrestle like Mike Jones No 15yr old in the world would of beat Mike.Sliga is the real deal and will continue being the best until he's waving our flag Don't get it twisted Mitch has always been a champ he started off wrestling the little guys beat them moved up in weight and still dominated.I of the Best ever!!

No one bashed him. You might be the only person doing any bashing. Just because people think a wrestler who will likely be a two time state champ and 1 time 3rd placer, who has a size advantage, could give sliga a match, is not bashing sliga at all!

Sligas had3  loses Mike Jones- State champ,Braden Atwood -runner up,Aaron Stevenson runner up That's amazing for a14/15 yr old .Gelen is great as well who has his loses come to.

Whatever you say about Sliga he did pick the right college to attend!

All of this speculation is fun, just tough to imagine a monstrously strong kid with a 25 pound higher weight not being at an advantage. I don't think Sliga could go upper body with but if he can get to the legs well maybe..............

Another way to look at is imagine they were heavyweights at 240 and 265. If they are both talented wrestlers I don't think you would dismiss the 240 guy out of hand or make a real big point of the weight difference. Baumgartner wasn't a real big guy but he did all right for himself.I have seen Robinson numerous times and Sliga only once when he sat on Berry's head. Still and all if I were a betting man I would bet Robinson.

Robinson is tougher than nails, I honestly believe Gelen can beat Sliga, and i certainly know that Gelen would not get majored by Sliga! I'm not to sure if Sliga can overcome the extra weight, that Robinson has on him. I know that if they went upper body Gelen would win that battle, along with the strength battle, and the athletic ability. Robinson is so much fun to watch he is just an amazing athlete and he's so confident in his skills.

Robinson is tougher than nails, I honestly believe Gelen can beat Sliga, and i certainly know that Gelen would not get majored by Sliga! I'm not to sure if Sliga can overcome the extra weight, that Robinson has on him. I know that if they went upper body Gelen would win that battle, along with the strength battle, and the athletic ability. Robinson is so much fun to watch he is just an amazing athlete and he's so confident in his skills.

He could not stop Sligas takedowns.

I'm not convinced it's that easy.

That is a lot of weight to give up and it's not like Robinson is a cream puff.  He is likely the best pure athlete in the sport right now.  I would be dumb to suggest that he is anywhere near as good a "wrestler" in the technical sense, but I think it would be much closer than a major.  If they wrestled 10 times it would probably be 7-3 in favor of Sliga but I wouldn't be surprised if Gelen did better.

--Agreed

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.