The Region

benni hanna 79

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont see why everything on this board has to become personal, every thread now days turns into some pissin contest.

benni i will say this i dont know fabio personally but i did see him wrestle a number of times and the dude was pretty good, (for a lil guy) lol, and i will add this also i personally dont care for Mishawaka Cavemen but they have, and have had for a long time, a pretty strong wrestling program. so i dont see why you are callin the dude out over a post on a website. so my advice to you is lighten up dude....RELAX.... this is all in good fun its just INDY folks fussin with The REGION folks on which area is better at wrestling. Im from Indy and MV SS produces alotta state champs, most of the really good kids from up there win it MULTIPLE times.

BUT THIS YEAR IS NEW CASTLE'S YEAR BCUZ WE WILL HAVE AT LEAST 7 CHAMPS.....LMAO

Hahaha nice. And yeah we'll see on the 16th. And dude I can't relax today is my last regional! And I placed at the Mishawaka so I'm no slouch even at 220. I had a major setback as a sophomore breaking my femur and wrist within six days of each other.

I placed at the Mishawaka so I'm no slouch even at 220.

Guessing "the Mishawaka" = Al Smith Classic.  I once read an interesting quote about placers.

benni hanna 79: 'That's like playing a game of baseball and losing and then you say,"Well, we got more guys on base." Doesn't matter lol'

Now I'm all confused on what to think.  Best of luck at regionals this year, if you feel placing in it is worth being called an accomplishment worth recognition or not.

Roads are slick in the region this morning. I drove thru Ridge Rd and Cline at about 5:00 am this morning. It was very icy hopefully by the start of the regional it will have been cleared up. Drive safe and good luck to everyone wrestling today.

It is not calumet regional and most of the crown point regional. I think the state looks at the region as merrillville semi state

Da True "Region" are the Schools in Lake County.  8)

So for you the Geographically Challenged: East Chicago, All Gary &Hammond schools. Calumet, Crown Point, Griffith, Hanover Central, Highland, Hobart, Lowell, Lake Central, Merrillville, Munster, River Forest, Whiting.

Now although there are a few excellent parochial HS in Da Region: Bishop Noll, and Andrean technically they are not considered Da Region because kids from over the fence or other counties may attend there.

Any questions  ;D

Da True "Region" are the Schools in Lake County.  8)

So for you the Geographically Challenged: East Chicago, All Gary &Hammond schools. Calumet, Crown Point, Griffith, Hanover Central, Highland, Hobart, Lowell, Lake Central, Merrillville, Munster, River Forest, Whiting.

Now although there are a few excellent parochial HS in Da Region: Bishop Noll, and Andrean technically they are not considered Da Region because kids from over the fence or other counties may attend there.

Any questions  ;D

Again based on this comment, and the reason this thread was started, I stick by my statement as the region is overrated. The post that started this was that "the region" was underestimated every year. I beg to differ, every year people talk up "the region" and downgrade the rest of the state.  True, there have been great wrestlers from "the region" but to say its underestimated every year is NOT true. I still think its way overhyped year in an year out. 

Again based on this comment, and the reason this thread was started, I stick by my statement as the region is overrated. The post that started this was that "the region" was underestimated every year. I beg to differ, every year people talk up "the region" and downgrade the rest of the state.  True, there have been great wrestlers from "the region" but to say its underestimated every year is NOT true. I still think its way overhyped year in an year out.   

Based on what I have read, I do not think the "REGION" has been talked up, as much as you say. But I do think the Merrillville Semi-State has, and rightfully so, since it has proven to be the strongest  SS by the numbers over the last several years.

dis is da best thread in a while - pretty boring reading about parenets talking dare kid up - a little trash talkin is good for da soul

da region will get 4 champs dis year - mark it in your palm pilot

Rat, who are the 4 you are predicting?

What's really cool is when we travel to differant states to wrestle and people we talk to mention and have heard of "the region" in nw IN. Funny thing though.. you have to come back to IN to hear someone refer to it as "over rated" LOL... ::)

What's really cool is when we travel to differant states to wrestle and people we talk to mention and have heard of "the region" in nw IN. Funny thing though.. you have to come back to IN to hear someone refer to it as "over rated" LOL... ::)

Right on! I would think the success of Crown Point, Merrillville, Hanover Central of late, and who can forget the Griffith Team that took arguably the Best Team in Recent History to the wire at Team state....Da Region!

Lol - overhyped? Good God man, you sound like the Iraqi Minister of Defense, put down the wacky weed. Like last year, if winning 5 of 14 state titles is overrated (Da Region, not the Semi-state which won a total of seven), and crowning a four-time and a three-time state champ on the same night is "overhyped year in an year out" you are being a bit foolish  :'(

Guessing "the Mishawaka" = Al Smith Classic.  I once read an interesting quote about placers.

benni hanna 79: 'That's like playing a game of baseball and losing and then you say,"Well, we got more guys on base." Doesn't matter lol'

Now I'm all confused on what to think.  Best of luck at regionals this year, if you feel placing in it is worth being called an accomplishment worth recognition or not.

I won the regional yesterday. And yes I am no champ, a great wrestler, but I just wanted to say that the Merrillville semi state has been the best in the last decade whether people like it or not. And whether New Castle has had more placers or not in the last 5 is still speculation. Being a state placer is an amazing accomplishment, but saying you're the best semi-state and having less champs and you resort to a "fact" that still hasn't been proven. I just think it's dumb that Merrillville is consistently trashed on yearly.

The region seems to be underestimated every year, and this year it is being poured on more than ever. Last year everyone said it was Evansville's year followed by New Castle. Will the boys from the north continue to bring the upsets this year? Any thoughts?

Da True "Region" are the Schools in Lake County.  8)

Any questions  ;D

Again the first post stated the region is underestimated every year. Two things stand out here, he said the region, NOT Merrillville semi state, AND underestimated.  EVERY year the region people get all worked up on here and show an elitist attitude and overtalk the rest of the state. We all know some of the greatest Indiana kids ever have come from there. Again about "The Region" take out C.P, Griffith, Hanover C, maybe Merrilville and Lowell and those other schools strike fear in NOBODY. So saying the region is being underestimated is wrong. 

Again the first post stated the region is underestimated every year. Two things stand out here, he said the region, NOT Merrillville semi state, AND underestimated.  EVERY year the region people get all worked up on here and show an elitist attitude and overtalk the rest of the state. We all know some of the greatest Indiana kids ever have come from there. Again about "The Region" take out C.P, Griffith, Hanover C, maybe Merrilville and Lowell and those other schools strike fear in NOBODY. So saying the region is being underestimated is wrong.

How about this... some great wrestling goin on all over the state at this point.. hopefully this will somewhat satisfy your Region Envy.. wow.. you've spent considerable time now attempting to make sure your point that the Region is over rated is understood...to this point I haven’t seen a single post bashing any other portion of the state as “over rated” other than YOURS. So how about we get back to the business at hand and the most exciting time of year to be a wrestling fan... your "opinion" and very apparent dislike for the Region that we call home is obvious, we get it... 

dis is da best thread in a while - pretty boring reading about parenets talking dare kid up - a little trash talkin is good for da soul

da region will get 4 champs dis year - mark it in your palm pilot

That sounds like a parent talking their kid up...

Take out PM, Cathedral, WC, Franklin and the other Indianapolis schools strike fear in NOBODY

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.