The Region

benni hanna 79

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's like playing a game of baseball and losing and then you say,"Well, we got more guys on base." Doesn't matter lol

Or is it like claiming a whole baseball division is actually the best just because a few players from it won end of the year honors. Or worse yet the baseball teams fans in the stands claiming we are the best, when the team/individual was actually the ones doing it out on the field.  If your comparing the over all strength of an area then you have to look at a larger data set that better analysis the talent of the area.  While not perfect overall placers at least take into account a larger group when comparing Semi-States.  When comparing areas like cities or "regions" it becomes a littler trickier due to the fact the the state process sometimes splits them up or causes them to weed out their own numbers.  Even with using a much more complete set of data you will still have the Region doing very well.

Or it's not like that at all because baseball honors are voted on and being a wrestling champion is winning. Winning is the key and something you guys don't do and it's probably because you take five hours to make a paragraph response. Best of luck at state this year it will be full of disappointments.

Or it's not like that at all because baseball honors are voted on and being a wrestling champion is winning. Winning is the key and something you guys don't do and it's probably because you take five hours to make a paragraph response. Best of luck at state this year it will be full of disappointments.

What about batting titles?  Not voted on.

Like i said lets just get rid of placers and qualifers you have to win your Sectional/ regional / semi state to make it to state and then its just a 3 match tournament to decide the state champion. And we wonder why the thought of wrestlebacks gets laughed at.....

Very good.. ya beat me to it.  ;D

What about batting titles?  Not voted on.

Still different because a good batter is usually formed when a team has a full lineup of great batters so you can't be pitched around. Also batters face different pitchers so it is not one on one, whereas team on team is closer to one on one. Or I should say it's like tennis if you lose but you got more aces. I love wrestlebacks, but don't say you're the best if you're not the champion.

So, let me follow the "most champions is the stongest semi-state" logic...taking it to the extreme, if semi-state A wins every single weight class, yet has no other places (other three guys lose on Friday night), but semi-state B places 2, 3, 4, and 5 in every weight class then semi-state A is considered stronger? 

It depends on what you mean by stronger.  If by stronger you mean deeper.  Then obviously, semi-state B is stronger/deeper.

However, if you mean stronger by winning the most championships, well then that is obvious.  People will remember the champions more than the placers.  (No disrespect to the placers, as I could only wish to have stood upon that podium)  Good Luck to all this weekend!

Of course that is the question.  That is why I said stated that I was trying to follow the logic of the people who say most champions is strongest.  Some people believe depth is the biggest factor, others overall finish.  I am speaking to the people who believe it is overall finish.

Neither in the classroom, nor on the mat. 

I know my double major in computer science and minor in information processing isnt that impressive but according to your logic I did do in fact do just enough on the mat winning the merrillville semi state twice and all...but im sure you won it four times to go along with your four state championships....

I know my double major in computer science and minor in information processing isnt that impressive but according to your logic I did do in fact do just enough on the mat winning the merrillville semi state twice and all...but im sure you won it four times to go along with your four state championships....

Boom and a awesome highlight video

It's exactly why you're butthurt by this because you never won state. R-e-b-u-t-t-a-l, not a difficult word. I am a minor, and I can spell it. You didn't by chance wrestle in college as well did you? Because surely didn't pay much attention in English class. Several uncalled for ellipses and abbreviated words.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.