The Region

benni hanna 79

The region seems to be underestimated every year, and this year it is being poured on more than ever. Last year everyone said it was Evansville's year followed by New Castle. Will the boys from the north continue to bring the upsets this year? Any thoughts?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The region seems to be underestimated every year, and this year it is being poured on more than ever. Last year everyone said it was Evansville's year followed by New Castle. Will the boys from the north continue to bring the upsets this year? Any thoughts?

Merrillville isn't only the region though... but yeah merrillville ss will do better then expected I think

It is not calumet regional and most of the crown point regional. I think the state looks at the region as merrillville semi state

Its the same thing as if your "from chicago" usually that is Chicago and all surrounding suburbs

LMAO i love it when my post in another thread is brought up somewhere else....

I give the region 113,138,170,&220 but thats all you get Evansville will get 145 and thats all they get so like i said if NC can win at 120 & 152 the only other toss up is 126 & i really like NC's chances and ik MV is #1 at 182 but who was there all year??

seriously folks this all in good fun im obviously biased so im gonna talk up NC SS but i truly believe there are 7-9 possible champs comin out of NC

so since i give the region 4 locks im gonna say NC has some locks as well....106,132,160,195,& Hwt so theres 5, so if NC can win 2 of the toss ups like 120,152,182 then there is the 7....

SO LAUGH NOW BUT CRY MUCH LATER......just kiddin.....not really....lol

This is the most ridiculous statement I have read on here for the last 5 years or so. The region is always touted as the greatest thing ever. I know alot of great wrestlers have come outta there, but I seriously think the region is overrated. 

This is the most ridiculous statement I have read on here for the last 5 years or so. The region is always touted as the greatest thing ever. I know alot of great wrestlers have come outta there, but I seriously think the region is overrated.  

AH hahahahahahaha..... yeah it's over rated... ::) Not sure how you can "over rate" the SS that has produced the most #1's over the past 5-7 years. Would that be saying Mville SS is better than best?

The difference is us people from the region actually win titles. You can pout about overrated all you want, but at the end of the day all you Indy fans do is trash us then you lose at state and say, "Well, we had more placers." Perhaps if you guys would spend more time coaching than pouting about the region then you wouldn't have to anymore.

so since i give the region 4 locks im gonna say NC has some locks as well....106,132,160,195,& Hwt so theres 5, so if NC can win 2 of the toss ups like 120,152,182 then there is the 7....

I have to respectfully disagree with the 106# and 160# groups as far as "locks". The other 3 though do seem to be NC's to lose though. Hwt is going to be a barn burner at the NC SS.... those 3 big boys seem like they've been going back and fourth this year. Wait till you see the Freshman Streck from Mville. IMO, He's gonna have to find lightening in a bottle to get on the podium as a freshman... but his best days are yet to come. He really wow'd me the first time I saw him wrestle.

LMAO i love it when my post in another thread is brought up somewhere else....

I give the region 113,138,170,&220 but thats all you get Evansville will get 145 and thats all they get so like i said if NC can win at 120 & 152 the only other toss up is 126 & i really like NC's chances and ik MV is #1 at 182 but who was there all year??

seriously folks this all in good fun im obviously biased so im gonna talk up NC SS but i truly believe there are 7-9 possible champs comin out of NC

SO LAUGH NOW BUT CRY MUCH LATER......just kiddin.....not really....lol

I have to agree lol I would like to see Kenny Hughes win though he was on our El Duals Team in kingsport ages ago.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.