Bloomington South Regional!!!

navy80

Northview 21 in finals. Southridge 6 in finals.

138 kurstiens over Barlow semi finals

160 koontZ over krelien.

170 Davis over cissell first round

182 chambers over singer semi finals.

195 Patton over hall and valenciano

145 Newforth over OSHA semi finals.

Team scores

B south

Jasper

Th south

Edgewood.

Results (don't kill me of something is wrong.  This is what our manager has)

106: schermer, McCoy, (not sure order hurst and Robertson made it)

113: Ryan, Pemberton, (not sure order Cole and Koerner)

120: Schitter, Runyon, Ramirez, Lewis

126: Orndorff, Elia, Chavez, Glenn

132: Broukal, Byrd, Auberry, Deckard

138: Adams, Kersteins, Barlow, Hurst

145: Brescher, Newforth, Osha, Newton

152: Helms, Mundy, Gilmore, Williams

160: Seitzinger, Kountz, (not sure order Sullivan Kreilein)

170: Galvin, Shaffer, Davis, Deerwester

182: Chambers, Thacker, Fisher, Songer

195: Fiddler, Patton, Valenciano, Miller

220: Haley, Andry, Edington, Joyner

HWT: Dajani, Davis, Schwoeppe, Sampson

Saw some outstanding wrestling yesterday at Bloomington South hats off to all the kids that wrestles. Yet on sad thing was observed and it was dealing with Bloomington North. You could tell their kids were giving it their all; but every time one would lose they would never go shake the oppesing teams coaches hands. They even would not either shake their oppent or if they did it would be a half hearted shake. One offical even went to the Bloomington North coach concerning this and he acted as if it was no big deal. Now with a Bloomington North wrestler won they would go shake the other coaches hands.

I have competed since I was five until my mid twenties when i started coaching for a few years at the high school level. I know how it feels to lose one that you gave it your all; yet that is no excuess for what I see as poor sportsmanship.

I dont blame the wrestlers for these actions i blame the coach your team is a true reflection of yourself and who and what you stand for. So if you continue to allow such behavior this must mean that you dont hold sportmanship to be very improtant. I have had the privalge to watch my son wrestle in high school and now college and I must say that the Bloomington North program by far has shown the lowest rating in sportsmanship of any team. I have seen them wrestle three times this year and each time it has been the same. I think these actions are bad for an amazing sport and most of all bad for the kids in the sports.

What happened in the Chambers/Thacker match?

I think Chambers got a td late in the third. It's the third time they have wrestled with each time being closer.  It definitely set up Thacker to have a tough ticket round match.

Saw some outstanding wrestling yesterday at Bloomington South hats off to all the kids that wrestles. Yet on sad thing was observed and it was dealing with Bloomington North. You could tell their kids were giving it their all; but every time one would lose they would never go shake the oppesing teams coaches hands. They even would not either shake their oppent or if they did it would be a half hearted shake. One offical even went to the Bloomington North coach concerning this and he acted as if it was no big deal. Now with a Bloomington North wrestler won they would go shake the other coaches hands.

I have competed since I was five until my mid twenties when i started coaching for a few years at the high school level. I know how it feels to lose one that you gave it your all; yet that is no excuess for what I see as poor sportsmanship.

I dont blame the wrestlers for these actions i blame the coach your team is a true reflection of yourself and who and what you stand for. So if you continue to allow such behavior this must mean that you dont hold sportmanship to be very improtant. I have had the privalge to watch my son wrestle in high school and now college and I must say that the Bloomington North program by far has shown the lowest rating in sportsmanship of any team. I have seen them wrestle three times this year and each time it has been the same. I think these actions are bad for an amazing sport and most of all bad for the kids in the sports.

That funny because I specifically saw two of their wrestlers lose and go shake the opponents coach hands. One of the wrestlers even forgot to and North's coach directed him to shake the opponent coach hand.  So is the bad sportsmanship you speak of just not shaking opponents hand or is there more examples?

I had a small run-in with one if their assistants earlier in the year.  I won't go into too much detail but when I asked him politely to move from standing directly in front of me the response was "Don't walk up on me bro!" Imagine a jerk college kid saying it, that's what came out... Apples don't fall far from the tree folks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.