Logan Regional

devildog47959

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scholar's thoughts on the Regional.

1.  Harrison edges out Twin Lakes for the team title.

2. 106 is the most loaded weight for this regional (3 semi-state ranked wrestlers).  Davis Beats Johnson though in a close match.  Also very good first round match with 2 guys with good wrestlers with Miller and Layer.  Don't be late as they'll be up first.

3.  Lukaszka  looks good at 113 and should be be able to handle this field.

4. Alderman is the class at 120.  But key match is Chambers vs Inman.  Chambers I think outwrestled Alderman at sectional but made a big mental mistake.  I'm calling Alderman Chambers rematch.  Widner beats Strawsma.

5. Blake Denton is my stone cold lock at 126.

6. Atkinson (BC)looks like he's peaking at the right time.  He should be in the finals vs WL kid.   Is Carithers 100% yet, didn't look at sectional.

7.Roetker (H) over Hickman (Ren).   Yea Roetker has 9 losses, but a tough schedule.

8.  145 is a solid weight.   Jeff sectional puts 3 in her.  Van Meter is peaking at the right time and beats Madison again just as soundly.

9. Thomas over Armuth based on experience.  But Thomas better wrestle a smart match as Armuth is dangerous and no way he loses first round.

10. 160 is a solid weight class.  Hileman over Medrano.  Maybe with a good shoulder, Medrano could win, but Hileman wins here.

11. 170 is deep and tough.  I'll put the West central kid over Wilkinson (Jeff).  But not confident in that pick.  I think Jeff sectional gets 3 in here.

12. 182- Doty (WIN)  probably wins this with a wide open weight class with a lot of opportunity for upsets.  TL probably gets 3 here.

13.  195-  Ricks over Winkle, but definitely one I'm looking forward to.  Winkle better bring A game in semis vs Beruman(D).

14. 220- Myer should get the nod here, but the West Central kid brings it.   Another fun match thats a toss up.  

15.  HWT- Duvall has some power.   Rematch of Sectional here with Franco in the final and with similar results.

ill take winkle over ricks. madrano over hileman if both are in finals carrithers is not 100 percent but will be a better match in the finals this week seth is able to do sit ups now  ;D alderman better be going hard he had a close one last weekend and nothing gets easier from now on especially next weekend

There are several kids that have what it takes to get out of Logan and thru the semi state and make the trip to Indy.  The question is can they get it all together and do it.  There will be no slouches at M'ville semi state you can count on that! One slip up there can end your season.  I think as many as three make it to Friday, and only Denton makes it to Saturday.

Anyone out of here with enough power to get to state ???

Depends on the regional you draw, some are stacked at one weight, weak at another. Some weight classes have #2 or #3 regional finishers that are previous SQ or ranked highly

If you get a #1 seed you set yourself up nice, facing a 4 seed first round then a 2 or 3 in the ticket round

Rather then a 2 seed facing a 3 seed then a regional champion..

Logan represented very well last yr at Merrilville & State, I hope we can do the same this yr

The scholar's thoughts on the Regional.

1.  Harrison edges out Twin Lakes for the team title.

2. 106 is the most loaded weight for this regional (3 semi-state ranked wrestlers).  Davis Beats Johnson though in a close match.  Also very good first round match with 2 guys with good wrestlers with Miller and Layer.  Don't be late as they'll be up first.

3.  Lukaszka  looks good at 113 and should be be able to handle this field.

4. Alderman is the class at 120.  But key match is Chambers vs Inman.  Chambers I think outwrestled Alderman at sectional but made a big mental mistake.  I'm calling Alderman Chambers rematch.  Widner beats Strawsma.

5. Blake Denton is my stone cold lock at 126.

6. Atkinson (BC)looks like he's peaking at the right time.  He should be in the finals vs WL kid.   Is Carithers 100% yet, didn't look at sectional.

7.Roetker (H) over Hickman (Ren).   Yea Roetker has 9 losses, but a tough schedule.

8.  145 is a solid weight.   Jeff sectional puts 3 in her.  Van Meter is peaking at the right time and beats Madison again just as soundly.

9. Thomas over Armuth based on experience.  But Thomas better wrestle a smart match as Armuth is dangerous and no way he loses first round.

10. 160 is a solid weight class.  Hileman over Medrano.  Maybe with a good shoulder, Medrano could win, but Hileman wins here.

11. 170 is deep and tough.  I'll put the West central kid over Wilkinson (Jeff).  But not confident in that pick.  I think Jeff sectional gets 3 in here.

12. 182- Doty (WIN)  probably wins this with a wide open weight class with a lot of opportunity for upsets.  TL probably gets 3 here.

13.  195-  Ricks over Winkle, but definitely one I'm looking forward to.  Winkle better bring A game in semis vs Beruman(D).

14. 220- Myer should get the nod here, but the West Central kid brings it.   Another fun match thats a toss up.  

15.  HWT- Duvall has some power.   Rematch of Sectional here with Franco in the final and with similar results.

just an observation. lafayette jef sectional 12 champions saturday

just an observation. lafayette jef sectional 12 champions saturday

??? Have you even seen anybody from TL sectional wrestle? LJ Definitely not taking 12 champs.

The lack of respect is  :-X

I'll say 7-8 champs from TL

106, 126,  138? 145?, 152, 160, 170, 182

No way does the TL sectional only win one or two champions.  Pioneer 106, Denton and Thomas TL, Hickman Ren. won't lose in my opinion, and 2 or 3 others are toss ups.  I wouldn't be surprised to see TL sectional win 7 or 8 titles.  I will  guarantee you Denton won't be the only TL sectional Champ.  Clearly both sectionals are a bit weaker than most in the state, but I was thinking how the Lafayette sectional is down in depth way more than they have been in the past.  With McCutcheon and Jeff  being extremely weak and with the realignment of several teams, this was pretty much a 4 team sectional.  Yes, BC has a couple studs and WL has a few that can wrestle but for the most part, Delphi and Harrison ran that show from the standpoint of champions that will also repeat at Logan.  JMO    

No way does the TL sectional only win one or two champions.  Pioneer 106, Denton and Thomas TL, Hickman Ren. won't lose in my opinion, and 2 or 3 others are toss ups.  I wouldn't be surprised to see TL sectional win 7 or 8 titles.  I will  guarantee you Denton won't be the only TL sectional Champ.  Clearly both sectionals are a bit weaker than most in the state, but I was thinking how the Lafayette sectional is down in depth way more than they have been in the past.  With McCutcheon and Jeff  being extremely weak and with the realignment of several teams, this was pretty much a 4 team sectional.  Yes, BC has a couple studs and WL has a few that can wrestle but for the most part, Delphi and Harrison ran that show from the standpoint of champions that will also repeat at Logan.  JMO    

I agree that TL will have more than 2, and definitely not the two toughest sectionals in the state.  I wouldn't say Lafayette Jeff is extremely weak,  they still put 7 into the regionals and will be a factor at 170 and HWY and maybe 120.  Also WL beat Delphi at sectionals and I think will get more into finals and qualify  as many to SS than Delphi. 

WL to SS = 145,160,170,182,HWY (maybe 195)

Delphi to SS= 120,145,152,220,HWY

Just curious,  why do you think Hickman is a sure win at 138?  Who has he beat this season?

Just curious,  why do you think Hickman is a sure win at 138?   Who has he beat this season?

I have Hickman as a ?, He looked very good last week  however I haven't seen Roetker (H) wrestle at all & Harrison has a strong team and a good coach so I can't count out Roetker, if these 2 make the finals us fans should be in for a treat

I agree that TL will have more than 2, and definitely not the two toughest sectionals in the state.   I wouldn't say Lafayette Jeff is extremely weak,  they still put 7 into the regionals and will be a factor at 170 and HWY and maybe 120.  Also WL beat Delphi at sectionals and I think will get more into finals and qualify  as many to SS than Delphi.   

WL to SS = 145,160,170,182,HWY (maybe 195)

Delphi to SS= 120,145,152,220,HWY

Just curious,  why do you think Hickman is a sure win at 138?   Who has he beat this season?

126 and 195. after that it will be all jeff sectional. love the hickman / roetker matchup.

BRACKETS

http://indianamat.com/brackets/2013/LogansportReg.pdf

Just off the top of my head

106- Johnson Pioneer man.to beat

113- Lukeska BC  vs LC, both wrestled Tribbett from TL & Lukeska.

Was more impressive in the win, .I'm. Taking. BC here

120- Alderman Delphi man to beat,  tough weight class.

Top 3 in each sectional very good.  

126- Denton TL  he's making the podium this year

132- Atkinson. BC

138- Hickman RC

145- LC kid looked good today, idk who's 145 at.  Jeff

152- Thomas TL man to beat,  Mote Delphi Very solid freshman.  could be a Conference.  Finals.  Rematch in the Semis as mote took #2 at sectional

160- Hileman NW,  madrano vs Sonaty in semis   looks to. Be.  A great.   Matchup

170- wietrich. WC Idk Jeff.  Sectional

182- doty Winamac, I wouldn't be  surprised to.  See TL take 3/4. Here   both.  Doty & emrich have beaten #2 from Frontier this season & I believe TL has too, I'll take TL #3 over #2 Frontier 1st round

195- Ricks BC vs Winkle TL great conference final, could. Go either way look for a close one

220-  WC? Idk Jeff sectional

Hwt- WL still undefeated, can someone.  Pull off. The. Upset?

As always looks. To be a great day of wrestling,  see. You. All at. The berry bowl,  Goodluck!!

#1 Alderman misses weight at 120

120 Inman 120 vs NN rematch of sectional semi finals in regional semis

Williams Nw loses in OT, he had a TD in OT that was a not called, I'm a NW guy but a anyone watching the match knows we got hosed

145 #1 van meter comes from behind to hold off #4 Garpow 11-10

#2 Fritz loses to #3 Harrison 9-7

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.