Top Freshman next season

Wrestlingfan182

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres what Im wondering.....why in the HECK would someone want to give another team bulletin board material and put a target on their kids backs??  doesn't make any sense to me and I'm quite certain that the coaching staff of this particular school does not and will never condone such a thing.  Let everyone else talk about how great their kids are.  We would rather fly under the radar!

Bulletin board material? To me bulletin board material would come from trash talking or disrespect toward a team or individual. Wouldn't every ranked kid have a "target" on them? Can't stay in the bubble forever... I seriously doubt anyone is talking about their OWN kid in this thread... I know I'm not.

heres what Im wondering.....why in the HECK would someone want to give another team bulletin board material and put a target on their kids backs??  doesn't make any sense to me and I'm quite certain that the coaching staff of this particular school does not and will never condone such a thing.  Let everyone else talk about how great their kids are.  We would rather fly under the radar!

really

Middle school state finals were exciting to watch

Breyden Bailey stood out with a great day and a pin in the finals

Colton Cummings- wow, wow, wow. This kid is non-stop

Jason Crary looked good.

Brayton Lee was just phenomenal! Very fun to watch. He may just be a 7th grader though

Alston Bane showed that extra work pays off in a dominating final.

Andrew Davison had a strong win over Stambaugh at 150

Bryce Baumgartner looked great with his 13-0 final win

140-1)  Jacob Farmer (Castle) 2) Burk Van Horne (Franklin Community) 4) Antonio Noel (Valpo) and Nathan Walton(Tri-west) could all make great impact next year..The Young man Dull who got 3rd I'm not sure about..he has an awesome headlock that got him to 3rd..but those 4 looked really good..also the Bane kid at 125 was insanely good as was Andrew Davison..I couldn't get over the high level some of these kids are going at as middle schoolers. Used to be a couple guys spread throughout the weights..Now there are a couple in each weight wrestling at these levels. That was my first middle school state and it was a lot of fun..We have some good ones coming up thats for sure.

Congrats to the Perry Meridian Middle School Team for winning Individual Middle School State at the middle school level.  Even the kids that did not place wrestled hard in some tough brackets.  Congrats to placewinners Riley Miller, Rodrigo Diaz, Noah Warren, state runner up Aaron Cravens and State champ Tristen Tonte.  Keep the great season rolling boys.

140-1)  Jacob Farmer (Castle) 2) Burk Van Horne (Franklin Community) 4) Antonio Noel (Valpo) and Nathan Walton(Tri-west) could all make great impact next year..The Young man Dull who got 3rd I'm not sure about..he has an awesome headlock that got him to 3rd..but those 4 looked really good..also the Bane kid at 125 was insanely good as was Andrew Davison..I couldn't get over the high level some of these kids are going at as middle schoolers. Used to be a couple guys spread throughout the weights..Now there are a couple in each weight wrestling at these levels. That was my first middle school state and it was a lot of fun..We have some good ones coming up thats for sure.

Nathan Walton is a 7th grader

Congratulations to the kids from Mater Dei.  They took 12 kids and finished in 2nd place with 179 points, 12 points behind Perry Meridian (30 Kids) for the team title.  They had 7 total placers.  Michael Boots, Kurtis Wilderman and Clay Egli finished 5th. Dawson Matherly finished 4th.  Kyle Luigs and Wyatt Montgomery finished 3rd, and Will Egli finished 2nd.  2 kids lost in the ticket round and the others all won at least 2 matches. 

So which 140 pounder was yours?

Which upper weight freshman have a legitimate shot at placing next year?  Not to take anything away from the 106/113 guys but those are predominately younger groups anyway. There have been a few bigger freshman that were fun to watch this year. I am wondering who will hang with the big boys next year. 

Which upper weight freshman have a legitimate shot at placing next year?  Not to take anything away from the 106/113 guys but those are predominately younger groups anyway. There have been a few bigger freshman that were fun to watch this year. I am wondering who will hang with the big boys next year.

Ben Stewart probably 160 or 170 should come right in as a top 10 guy

(8) State Qualifiers @ 106# this year

(1) @ 113

none..first time at MS state rooting for a friends kid..but picked 140 and 125 as the weights I followed closely otherwise because of all the hype on a couple of the kids..lots of great wrestling

Was just wondering mine was the aforementioned headlock lol! :)

Was just wondering mine was the aforementioned headlock lol! :)

I did not mean that to come out maybe like I discounted him..but 2 things I thought he was the 7th grader and Walton the 8th...and also the 2 matches I saw it looked like he was trying headlocks from every position possible...it worked!! I just maybe didn't get a good picture of what kind of wrestler your young man was...Perhaps he wrestles too much like I did (throws everytime I got a chance) and my own self hatred of my wrestling style came off as I over looked him. I'd say 3rd place is good day! He is tough as nails and I'm sure will make some noise.

I did not mean that to come out maybe like I discounted him..but 2 things I thought he was the 7th grader and Walton the 8th...and also the 2 matches I saw it looked like he was trying headlocks from every position possible...it worked!! I just maybe didn't get a good picture of what kind of wrestler your young man was...Perhaps he wrestles too much like I did (throws everytime I got a chance) and my own self hatred of my wrestling style came off as I over looked him. I'd say 3rd place is good day! He is tough as nails and I'm sure will make some noise.

No offense taken he is often overlooked when it comes to being one of the top kids, but he consistently finishes at or near the top. People have hated the headlock from him for years (including me and his coaches). I noticed a lot more throwing in that weight class this year as well and this was the first year Thomas has placed at middle school state. His goal going in this year was to be wrestling between 6 and 7 pm (weird sounding goal, but he knew that was when championships started) and he achieved it even after losing his first match of the day to Burke. Anyway just wanted you to know that no offense was taken, but it did fire Thomas up to improve even more ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.