Top Freshman next season

Wrestlingfan182

With this year about to come to a close, who are some of the top dogs you will be keeping your eye on. My diper dandy will be Ben Stewart if he stays healthy he should probably come in about 160-170 a beast.Big question will he stay at CG or move on with his buddy Blake and the Irish?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colton Cummings

I'll second this. The kid is already built like a sophomore and demonstrates excellent technique and wrestling IQ. Once the Lowell coaches get their hands on him, I'm confident they'll have a medal hanging around his neck by the end of the year.

I've also heard that one of the Davison boys from Chesterton could be a beast frosh next year.

Colton cummings is from Lowell. unless he jumps the fence. I hear mt Carmel and montini wants him. retiz is from Griffith and I'm not sure where Konrath is from.

Thanks for the info, what are some of his national experiences?Just curious sounds like a stud!

Colton cummings is from Lowell. unless he jumps the fence. I hear mt Carmel and montini wants him. retiz is from Griffith and I'm not sure where Konrath is from.

Konrath was from MT. Vernon. Just heard that he moved though and not sure to where. This kid is DYNOMITE.

Saw him on Tuesday.  Was surprise dat how big he was. Very interested to see where he fits in next year. Bellmont only has two holes to fill next year

That's the beauty of our sport, he can beat the guy in front of him and then the other wrestler can worry about the holes  :).

how old is Stewart? i heard he will be driving himself to school next year....

He may look like a grown man but Ben is a month shy of being a first year cadet. He will not be driving until sometime his sophomore year.  Regardless, coming in at a weight of 160+, he will be competing against mainly upperclassmen so his age is irrelevant.  Don't take away from the fact that he is a phenomenal wrestler and will be successful.  

Cath160- I don't think he has any parts left on him to surgically repair, lol.  Also, I don't think posting on this board is a good use of that school time that I pay for :-)

Thanks for the info, what are some of his national experiences?Just curious sounds like a stud!

I know he gets around. I've seen his name at several tournaments from Iowa to Nebraska to Ohio, but the only finish I'm certain of is that he took 2nd at the Little Celtic a couple months ago.

Also, if I had to throw down some money on it, I'd guess you will see him wearing an RDP on his singlet next year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.