South Dearborn Sectional

retired126

agreed, hartman is real good but since spartan he hasnt showed it. I know what he can do but since getting his teeth knocked out by that headbutt, he seems to have taken a step back. hopefully he will be ok because although I dont know him personally, i know several that do and I know him to be a good kid.

Absolute agree fan man., guess when you take a hit to the face like that....he is a much better wrestler. It did look like he was in great pain. Really hope for the best for him. Anything is possible for regional.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst officiating I've ever witnessed in all my yesrs.  A rushville boy wsd slammed, went unconsious and the ref let the 30 seconds come off the cloc to end the match.   He couldn't even walk off the mat by himself.  

Same official gave a batesville boy a pt. for running out of bounds.  The batesville kid won by that one point.  

Batesville is the way to go  :) go dogs  Those Batesville wrestlers really know how to wrestle ;)

The rushville kid never went unconsious. he walked off the mat fine. and the batesville kid that got a point was because the kid he was wrestling had already been called for stalling twice. get your facts straight before you go talking crap. i find it quite usual to always blame somthing on a ref. complaining about it is not going to help.

Wish there was a way to post the video.  If you watched it you'd know.  Batesville was warned on 3 ocasions for taking swings and was never called for any of them.  Harnishfeger looked like he'd been in a xage match after it was over.  Shaw was called for stalling twice in 7 seconds during his match.  Batesville fleed the mat, got a pt. for it then stalled for 1.30 and never was called.  Just the difference in officials.  To bad a championship match is decided over terrible officiating and not by the actual wrestling.

The rushville kid never went unconsious. he walked off the mat fine. and the batesville kid that got a point was because the kid he was wrestling had already been called for stalling twice. get your facts straight before you go talking crap. i find it quite usual to always blame somthing on a ref. complaining about it is not going to help.

I am only referring to the Rushville part because I did not witness the stalling...were you standing mat side when he was laying on the ground? Did you talk to him after the match? Not sure what you mean by he walked off fine...he could barely stand and was helped out by the FC trainer who walked him over to the head trainer.. Other than the official I was the next closest person to the action...would it have changed the outcome? Absolutely not...the Batesville kid was the better wrestler and was going to win the match, but when it comes to the safety of the kids, yes I will blame the official..that is his job...next time make sure you know the facts

I think anyone in attendance would say that there were 3 qualified officials and 1 greenhorn. The hittle/Gonzalez match could have been differently scored on 2 scrambles. With that said there were some calls by the more qualified that I did not always agree with either.

I was an IHSAA official, and it's tough making calls at a split second. Perseption, angles, and position can make any call appear different. I thank all the officials for their time and effort. U just hope the same official is consistent with his calls ever match, then u can coach your wrestler accordingly.

There is no need for a freaking video i was there... watching the match

So was everyone else in attendance. But you must have decided to look away while punches and elbows where thrown.  When a kid is warned 3 times something should be done.  And you don't reward a kid for fleeing the mat.  But the records don't lie.  Harnishfeger has PINNED howard 2 times.  And only lost by that one fleeing point the official made the mistake on. 

Fortunately for all involved, the difference was a poster board and not elimination.

Good luck to everyone this week.  And now we are all on the same side!  At least for the first round.   ;D

Finally someone with sense. Neither wrestler  involved needs their stellar season ended in such a way. Both wrestlers gave it their all on the mat and unfortunately, we as spectators do not always agree with what happens on the mat and stupid arguments are what follows. When it comes to championship matches of this caliber, there are two Refs. and two coaches on the floor that are in charge and we hope are capable of making the right choices. Sportsmanship is not just for those in the sport, but also for those in attendance.

Finally someone with sense. Neither wrestler  involved needs their stellar season ended in such a way. Both wrestlers gave it their all on the mat and unfortunately, we as spectators do not always agree with what happens on the mat and stupid arguments are what follows. When it comes to championship matches of this caliber, there are two Refs. and two coaches on the floor that are in charge and we hope are capable of making the right choices. Sportsmanship is not just for those in the sport, but also for those in attendance.

You are correct, however, not much sportsmanship throwing elbows and punches.  Will be a good championship this saturday .  

well considering i was the wrestler on the mat with him... im pretty sure i was the closet. he got up shook my hand and walked off fine.

So he was lying to the trainer and coaches when he said he blacked out? All I'm saying is that the ref in that particular match should have watched out for the welfare of both wrestlers...either way doesn't make much difference because it wasn't  for a trip to the regional

I am going to lay out my honest opinion of the 145 lb. weight class. The match between Hartman and I was tough. It ran the whole time. when I pinned him with one second left the score was 7-2. Between Dole and Manning on the other hand those two will never have a match that is more than 4 points apart. They are too evenly matched. Cody Haakinson is a good wrestler, granted that he got a terrible draw at regionals. Hunter Hartman's concussion put him out of sectionals. Really hoping he is okay. Congrats on a great senior year Hunter!

I am going to lay out my honest opinion of the 145 lb. weight class. The match between Hartman and I was tough. It ran the whole time. when I pinned him with one second left the score was 7-2. Between Dole and Manning on the other hand those two will never have a match that is more than 4 points apart. They are too evenly matched. Cody Haakinson is a good wrestler, granted that he got a terrible draw at regionals. Hunter Hartman's concussion put him out of sectionals. Really hoping he is okay. Congrats on a great senior year Hunter!

Don't know who you are but I have to say that was well said. Very classy and congrats to you. I have only seen you wrestle I think 1 time last year and I knew when I saw the sectional brackets I thought that was one tough weight class. I will be at regionals and look forward to watching you wrestle. This was very mature of you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.