South Dearborn Sectional

retired126

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez Mak, Boggs does not get out of sectional in your picks. He beat Braiser last week 4-0. Anything can happen, but I cant see him not making it out, too tough. JMO

Yea and for good reason. He is good I know but honestly I think he gets a bad draw. The mcclurg kid in the first round is dangerous. Don't let that record fool you. He was ineligible most the year. I have seen him wrestle and he has looked really good for being out this year. If he can knock the rust off real quick, he will upset someone...thats why I think its a bad/dangerous draw for boggs

Give it a rest. Not only are hittle and gonzo great wrestlers, they are friends too. Both wrestled for Fayette co club . They are the reason for each others success. I no this, both want to win and when it's over they no next week they will do it again.

Give it a rest. Not only are hittle and gonzo great wrestlers, they are friends too. Both wrestled for Fayette co club . They are the reason for each others success. I no this, both want to win and when it's over they no next week they will do it again.

And thats fact! Well said and good products of the fayette county program. Coachi is always looking out for his guys, not just his team but all his summer/offseason kids. Mine is one too so I know.

Thanks for the insight. Have to admit I don't know McClurg and was going to ask about him in my original post. I probably would not have paid much attention to that match, but now I will.

I can say that with the updated semi state rankings, the current #12 at 113 got beat by mcclurg last year at sectionals in first round and that was the 2nd time he beat him last year so it wasn't a fluke. He also got beat this year by #20 but it was very close, then last week they met again at conference and mcclurg was beating him 12-0 and only due to the "rust" got relaxed for a second and got pinned. Too bad he didn't get a full season this year but like I said, his record is deceiving.

106 Pace, Moody, Wilburn, Bunch

113 Boggs, Brasier, Grass, Hand

120 Struewing, Bunch, Oyler, Lonneman

126 Gettinger. Orschell, Luca, Ricketts

132 Fuller, O'Farrow, Salatin, Judd

138 Marschand, Solomon, Wood, Gartenman

145 Hartman, Dole, Manning, Yatsko

152 Steele, Gramman, Utterback, Nobbe

160 Day, Shaw, Bischoff, Krom

170 Hedger, Gonzalez, Hittle, Amberger

182 Harnishfeger, Vessels, Howard, Cavins

195 Hawkins, Hooten, Huffman, Moore

220 Lindermann, Brown, Marvel, Hadley

285 Garland, Phillips, Deilkes, Caddell

Well I picked some upsets, just a gut feeling, nothing more ;D

I was trying to remember him, what weight class from last season was he?

113 at regionals last year. lonneman as a 4 upset tim anderson as a 1. reed beat weireter from richmond setting up a semi final match where reed beat lonneman according to the brackets. then beat davil hill from lawrenceburg in finals

which weight is the deepest? I think 152, 120 are

@spartandog 152 is by far not one of the toughest weight classes.  145 is probably the toughest weight class in the whole sectional.  170 is up there too. 152 doesn't have any stand out wrestlers.

@spartandog 152 is by far not one of the toughest weight classes.  145 is probably the toughest weight class in the whole sectional.  170 is up there too. 152 doesn't have any stand out wrestlers.

He said "deepest", not "toughest".  Stand out wrestlers do not equate to a "deep" weight class.  Any of the top 5 at 152 have a decent shot to win. 

However, I agree that 145 is probably the "toughest".  Yatsko finished 4th last year behind Giffin (ring a bell?).  And he is the 4 seed.  Manning and Dole have gone down to the wire the last two weeks, and they are the 2 and 3.

170 and 182 are top 3 heavy as well.  And 113 is 6-deep if you count McClurg, who I haven't seen wrestle, but some of you have posted good things about him.

If I had to pick any "locks", they would probably be 126 and 160.  I don't think anyone is walking away with any of the others without a fight.  Should be a great day of wrestling!

I'd say that 126 is the only lock. 160 is not so much. Day lost to Shaw by 1 giving up a reversal with just 3 seconds remaining.

Cool.  Was not aware.  I was thinking 1 vs 2 and Shaw seems to have Bischoff's number.

Of course, that's why they wrestle.

And I was never good at prognosticating, anyway.  ::)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.