Out for sec?

Wrestlingfan182

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is funny stuff remained me of the old board and some of the great Gold Medal stories anybody down Bloomington way know how GM is doing?

He's been tied up in court the past few years fighting Eminent Domain in regard to I-69. He is all that stands between the current completion point (Crane) and Indianapolis.  ::)

im protesting!!! this should be ran like coaching little league baseball when you lose your first round pick to take your son, or first 2 if you have two sons playing. I might also add that I am mcclockeys dad...and sliga's dad.. and I also fathered cj red...as well as micic, cash, crume, lecount, all the blantons, molloy, farrel, lefever, massengale, gelen robinson, and my big baby bernard. so I guess im out of picks for awhile. let me know when it is my turn again. I got to go on the maury show now to find out if forte is my kid. later.

after 17 yrs I thought i was mccloskeys father, I knew something was up after seeing his ability to wrestle....i always knew something was fishy...oh well, so 17 yrs X $135 a week = $119,340.00 so I will be expecting back pay!!

after 17 yrs I thought i was mccloskeys father, I knew something was up after seeing his ability to wrestle....i always knew something was fishy...oh well, so 17 yrs X $135 a week = $119,340.00 so I will be expecting back pay!!

Hahaha. You can't be his dad. His dads name is mark. I met him at spartan. Your name is daddio lol

is it true Jake Smith from Southwood is out because of not having enough weigh ins? if so thats sad, he is a good wrestler.  I like watching him, even though he is tough of my nephew. he's a great heavyweight from a small town school

What is the reason he does not have enough weighins

Looks like everybody and their mom called and cried about Scecina wrestling Roncalli. Especially Franklin Central and their A.D. Scecina dropped the dual meet, Barry is out for sectionals.

Why would Scecina penalize their wrestlers and the other Roncalli wrestlers and drop a meet on behalf of one wrestler.  That makes no sense at all.  Scecina was not involved in the situation and had no business intervening.  That cannot be true.

I am sure the Roncalli coaches or the IHSAA could have held him out on their own for sectionals if that was the determined outcome regardless of whether or not this meet took place.

Looks like everybody and their mom called and cried about Scecina wrestling Roncalli. Especially Franklin Central and their A.D. Scecina dropped the dual meet, Barry is out for sectionals.

I don't know who is complaining other than the school. If they did not, they would not be doing their job. As far as Sectionals are concerned, the dual would have had to have been scheduled prior to the infraction. A special dual can't be scheduled for the purpose of a wrestler to sit out in order to be eligable for another event. I can say this, I have not said anything to anyone outside of our coaches and the same thing to Lance. I will say this, because of the extent of what happened, it was not an accident. I have known Barry for a long time and don't know why he did it but he did. I have always thought highly of him and hate the consequences here. They are just in my opinion. If my son did that, I would not allow him to compete any further. That would not be an option to be taken up.

A special dual can't be scheduled for the purpose of a wrestler to sit out in order to be eligible for another event.

Well now it makes sense.  If the dual was scheduled after the fact to get another meet in, I can understand it being cancelled.  If it was already scheduled though, it would make no sense to cancel it. 

Scecina dropped the meet because they were getting too much heat from others. Roncalli didn't schedule the meet for one person either. It was for mat time before sectionals for both schools. Barry is a great kid who made a bad mistake. He defintely deserved his shot at a state title. He competed this season for sure!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.