Coaches Attire

RegionRoyalty

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NSC

I had to think,but which part of this post is more important?

1. Jeans and Polo

2. Jeans and Polo

3. Jeans and Team shirt

4. Khaki shorts and Warmer

5. Khaki and Polo

6. Khaki and Polo

7. Jeans and Polo

8. Khaki and Warmer

I watched good wrestling, sportsmanship, interaction between teams and fans.  Good job on the mat, Roger, Leo and Skyler. It is a good day when the memories are about the wrestlers and wrestling.

I have to agree that coaches should dress so as to not draw attention to themselves.  Over-dressing like a pimp or under-dressing like a beach bum should be avoided.  We should remember this is a scholastic sports event in which we are attending and therefore the focus should be on the student-athletes and not the coaches.  It's been said that the best official is the one who nobody could remember did the tournament after it was over.  Coaches could learn something from that.

If the point of this topic is how to improve wrestlings image, then why not hire coaches that help mold boys into men with character.  Some of the best coaches that ever set foot on a wrestling mat have done it in jeans and a polo.

Why do suits, ties, dresspants, and khakis make a wrestling coach professional. Do suits add more wins for the team? My coaching staff in high school would wear jeans. So basically this topic is saying the Bellmont staff of Coach Faurote, Coach Gunsett, and Coach Myers is unprofessional and classless. There is a difference between looking like a slob and being comfortable for an all day tournament, and being presentable and comfortable to coach.

Why does the state finals have to be different for a coach? A coach wears a polo shirt and khakis all season, and now all of a sudden people think that the coach should wear a tie, or suit. How about Billy Bob in the stands complaining about what a coach is wearing take off his camo hat and take his can of chew out of his pocket before speaking about how a coach dresses.

Should Coach Belichick not be allowed to coach a PROFESSIONAL team? He wears a hooded sweatshirt which sometimes has sleeves cut off. You don't see high school coaches in soccer, baseball, swimming, track, etc. wearing suits and ties. It is high school wrestling. A suit isn't a required attire. All a coach needs to do is present himself how he feels he can do his job to the best of his ability.  Be it nice jeans and a polo, khakis and a shirt, shirt and tie, or full out suit.

I'm not taking my camo hat off for anyone so you coaches wear whatever makes you happy.  Most of us are just glad that you guys take your time out of your lives to coach and mold good young men and women....Something a lot of these young kids get none of these days. 

Cosgrove you can even wear your hot pink socks when you coach....

As a fan and parent. I dont give 2 furry craps about how the coach dresses. Im on site to watch the action on the mat. Treat the kids fair and do your job is all I ask. I have been in the stands for many years and there is alot of chatter about coaches during the long days. I have never heard the conversation lend itself to how a coach was dressed, i can tell you that for sure (NEVER).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.