North Posey Six Way

WrestleMan

So to sum this all up, Luke Welch would have been heading into the second period with a minimum of a 4 - 0 lead if the pin wasn't called (Coach Taylor was correct in approaching the table if his explanation is near accurate) and that was some how supposed to have been frustrating to a young man with the amount of match time Welch has logged?

That about sums it up sir. 

Can someone please post the match scores and the list of undefeated wrestlers for the day?

I had hoped it would be in today's Evansville courier.

As did I, Jon H.. Not trying to hijack this thread, but coverage seems to really be lacking from the Courier. I couldn't believe that there was nothing in the next day's paper after the Battle of the Westside!!! Who is covering wrestling this year?

As did I, Jon H.. Not trying to hijack this thread, but coverage seems to really be lacking from the Courier. I couldn't believe that there was nothing in the next day's paper after the Battle of the Westside!!! Who is covering wrestling this year?

It is a shame that Evansville has such awesome athletes like Welch, Wedding, Kuhn, Kelly, Mastison...etc and these students cannot even get a word written about them in their hometown newspaper. The SIAC will hopefully get some coverage. 

We've struggled with this for years but this year has been almost non-existent.  MD/Reitz was competing with the SIAC Basketball tournament last week but you would think the dual would rate some coverage.

I do believe (and hope) coverage will ramp up for the SIAC, Sectionals, etc.

I'm sure when the Lee boy gets to MD next year - Steve Ford will cut down on the winter fishing articles and dedicate some space for the phenom. 

We've struggled with this for years but this year has been almost non-existent.   MD/Reitz was competing with the SIAC Basketball tournament last week but you would think the dual would rate some coverage.

I'm sure when the Lee boy gets to MD next year - Steve Ford will cut down on the winter fishing articles and dedicate some space for the phenom. 

Me too. Welch is just as phenomenal and gets just a inkling of coverage. Kuhn vs Brown and nothing? Its an injustice to those kids and the sport. There are some good rivalries building with Kuhn, Davis, Todrank and Johns with their MD and Castle counterparts.

I hope the SIAC gets some deserved coverage.

We've struggled with this for years but this year has been almost non-existent.  MD/Reitz was competing with the SIAC Basketball tournament last week but you would think the dual would rate some coverage.

I emailed Steve Ford two years ago and asked him why there were so few wrestling stories that year. He told me that he had been promoted to a different job and he did not cover high school sports any longer. He said he would talk to the high school reporters and see what he could do. Shortly after that he did a few wrestling stories. Im am not sure if it is his job or not anymore.

I emailed Steve Ford two years ago and asked him why there were so few wrestling stories that year. He told me that he had been promoted to a different job and he did not cover high school sports any longer. He said he would talk to the high school reporters and see what he could do. Shortly after that he did a few wrestling stories. Im am not sure if it is his job or not anymore.

If someone with some modest journalism skill was to approach the C&P for the purposes of writing a weekly column on wrestling, I am sure they might consider working with that person.  Similar to how Coach Jacobs at UE has weekly or bi-montly soccer columns in the Sunday edition.  Such articles also would stand a chance to be published in Friday's Westside insert.

Short version, if you want an article written, write it yourself and see what you can achieve.  Maybe a local business would even sponsor the article and make it more likely to be published.

...but while he was interviewing coaches at SS last year I noticed that he had Ronco's Pocket Fisherman in his back pocket!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.