the deepest weight???

ontherise219

Fwrestler,

You are obviously so dense that you think because a heavyweight doesn't use a cradle that they are less skilled. Instead of realizing it is more difficult to use a cradle at those weights.

Who said anything about a cradle?  Although that is probably one of the moves that takes the most skill to hit from the top position...  ;D it's obvious that heavies can't usually hit cradles due to their size, which is why I never mentioned it.  Here's a question: if leg attacks aren't one of the techniques that work at the heavier weights, how does Sliga have so much success with the single leg (one of the most basic leg attacks)?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said anything about a cradle?  Although that is probably one of the moves that takes the most skill to hit from the top position...  ;D it's obvious that heavies can't usually hit cradles due to their size, which is why I never mentioned it.  Here's a question: if leg attacks aren't one of the techniques that work at the heavier weights, how does Sliga have so much success with the single leg (one of the most basic leg attacks)?

If we are going to anecdotal about this, then I will throw in that against Jeremiah Harvey, it was a terrible idea to attempt a leg attack.

If we are going to anecdotal about this, then I will throw in that against Jeremiah Harvey, it was a terrible idea to attempt a leg attack.

I would hit low singles and super ducks on him day and night...BLINDFOLDED because I am immensely more skilled due to wrestling a lower weight class.

You have to remember. That this half of the post was started by a straight up attack

on the light weights by a heavy weight.  We are the defendants in this case.

I think the case rests.  Court adjourned!

You have to remember. That this half of the post was started by a straight up attack

on the light weights by a heavy weight.  We are the defendants in this case.

I think the case rests.  Court adjourned!

Not true

If you follow aoberlin's posts he only believes there should be weights under 132lbs.  All the rest are filled with wrestlers that are far less superior and far less skilled.

Not sure I can remember ever posting anything that negative about the upper weights.  I obviously have my opinions, but I have just sat back and watched this one unfold.

My opinion is this.  The really great upper weight wrestlers, and I am not talking average, wrestle like the lighter weights.  It is that simple.  Wrestling is wrestling.  A great double leg works at all levels.  You just have to be strong enough for your size to do it.

I agree with you aoberlin, I just think that the number of those kinds of wrestlers is much lower the higher up you get due to style changes...definatly something you notice...look at guys like dexter larimore just freak athletes then you have guys like randy morin who literally had 1 move (a front head lock) and were extremely successful.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.