Notable wins this week

NPSmith

Coach Sonski allowed the first female wrestler on his legendary Bayside wrestling team named Kristi Barnes. She dominated her Valley opponent with a fall in the first period. I believe in a battle of #1 vs #2 in the country AC pinned Niedick.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the results section Danville posted their Avon super six records. Saw that Autry Pickens (195) went unbeaten. Wasn't Fishers there? Don't they have a pretty good 195 named Sliga. Did they wrestle?

Maybe the two wrestlers didn't wrestle each other.  Just a guess

In the results section Danville posted their Avon super six records. Saw that Autry Pickens (195) went unbeaten. Wasn't Fishers there? Don't they have a pretty good 195 named Sliga. Did they wrestle?

Pickens did not wrestle against Fishers. Danville forfeited 195 to Sliga.

Was he injured or sick?

Don't understand this? I know you want your kids to have a good record for seeding purposes for conference and sectionals, but imo you dont get better unless you wrestle the best. Yes, sliga is a monster and chances are you would of giving up 6 anyway. We all have watch Mitch wrestle, he is not out there to hurt anyone. To me you must wrestle the best to get better. Not trying to make anyone mad, it just is one of my pet peeves that kids dodge other kids so they dont get beat. In some situations I understand you dont want to put a first yr wrestler out against a highly ranked stud. But Pickens is a solid wrestler. Not wanting to start an argument at all, just my thought on this situation.

Don't understand this? I know you want your kids to have a good record for seeding purposes for conference and sectionals, but imo you dont get better unless you wrestle the best. Yes, sliga is a monster and chances are you would of giving up 6 anyway. We all have watch Mitch wrestle, he is not out there to hurt anyone. To me you must wrestle the best to get better. Not trying to make anyone mad, it just is one of my pet peeves that kids dodge other kids so they dont get beat. In some situations I understand you dont want to put a first yr wrestler out against a highly ranked stud. But Pickens is a solid wrestler. Not wanting to start an argument at all, just my thought on this situation.

If you can't run with the "Big Dogs" stay on the porch...but true, you're not getting better.

If you can't run with the "Big Dogs" stay on the porch...but true, you're not getting better.

Glad I got a little back up, I was sure ( but hoping not) that I would be getting bashed for my post, but I just call it as I see it!!

Glad I got a little back up, I was sure ( but hoping not) that I would be getting bashed for my post, but I just call it as I see it!!

I highly doubt that Pickens was dodging anyone.  That kid is tough as nails for sure...Maybe, just maybe the coach was trying to win the dual against a very good Fishers team.  I did notice that they lost by 2 and a win against a team like Fishers could be a big team booster for sure.  I have also watched Mitch wrestle for quite awhile now and have never seen him try to hurt anyone.  He is like a machine and goes out there and gets the job done and does a very good job of it.

exactly true.....no sense is forfeiting or dodging guys......you gotta wrestle better guys in order to get better yourself......well put.

I highly doubt that Pickens was dodging anyone.  That kid is tough as nails for sure...Maybe, just maybe the coach was trying to win the dual against a very good Fishers team.  I did notice that they lost by 2 and a win against a team like Fishers could be a big team booster for sure.  I have also watched Mitch wrestle for quite awhile now and have never seen him try to hurt anyone.  He is like a machine and goes out there and gets the job done and does a very good job of it.

Did Pickens wrestle 220? If not, how can you say they were trying to win the dual?

Did Pickens wrestle 220? If not, how can you say they were trying to win the dual?

My first post was a response to a previous post and said "just a guess" and my second post said that "maybe" they were trying to win a dual by moving wrestlers around.  I should have been a little more clear on my post by saying that it was just a guess because I was not there so I don't know for sure (hence the guess part of the post).  I will try to find out for sure for you though.

Pickens did not wrestle against Fishers. Danville forfeited 195 to Sliga.

I dont know if he was dodging anyone, but according to this post he did not wrestle and which I would guess he did not wrestle at all against fishers or it wod have said he bumped up to 220, but it says he did not wrestle

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.