UNDEFEATED WRESTLERS

daddio

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I graduated in 1982 and wrestled 44 matches my junior year and 43 my senior year.

Interesting, maybe it was because we (I)  wasn't very good, and was done first round of sectionals:)

44-0 was best record you could have back in the 80's and mid 90's......believe Ellis's mark was 176-0???

only 10 matches in tournament series to be a state champ back then so guess daddio could of had 30 matches but my guess is he was getting beat first round like he said in more then sectionals????  Just MO by his comments!!

44-0 was best record you could have back in the 80's and mid 90's......believe Ellis's mark was 176-0???

only 10 matches in tournament series to be a state champ back then so guess daddio could of had 30 matches but my guess is he was getting beat first round like he said in more then sectionals????  Just MO by his comments!!

Ya, you could say I didn't put alot effort into making sure I was on my game!! ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Really? I graduated in 1982 and wrestled 44 matches my junior year and 43 my senior year.

Really?  Where did you wrestle and how did your school get so many matches in the early 80's?  I too have never heard of a schedule where this was possible until the early to mid 90's.  Super duals weren't even around then and most tournaments in the 80's were lose one and done.  I wrestled in central Indiana in the early 80's and even if you made it through the semi state you were only looking at maybe 22 or 23 matches total.  Very curious.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.