forfeits

charger.dad

Another way of dealing with it is letting some of the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th stringers from the more experienced team get a chance to wrestle varsity against the more inexperienced team.  This does several things. 

1) It gives a chance for the varsity wrestlers to thank the remainder of the team who wrestle with them every day and make them better a chance to shine in the spotlight.

2) It gives the crowd a chance to see a more even match and get to know some of the other kids on the team.

3) It gives the less experienced team a chance to wrestle kids closer to their own level.

I would assume that these coaches know each other and probably have contact with each other on a regular basis.  I see nothing wrong with getting together a head of time and discussing the relative strengths of their kids and preventing a potentially dangerous situation of mismatched talents.

I know this may be beating a dead horse but why didn't you bring this complaint to the coach face to face??? Kind of  a puss move to call it out here. Tell ya what, I'll send you the $5 if that makes you feel better!!  You also need to keep in min that"your" team it's losing a big batch of seniors this year too and you just might find"your" team in the same boat..What a joke,, thanks for waiting 20 minutes of my life with your insightful opinions!!

Another way of dealing with it is letting some of the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th stringers from the more experienced team get a chance to wrestle varsity against the more inexperienced team.  This does several things.  

1) It gives a chance for the varsity wrestlers to thank the remainder of the team who wrestle with them every day and make them better a chance to shine in the spotlight.

2) It gives the crowd a chance to see a more even match and get to know some of the other kids on the team.

3) It gives the less experienced team a chance to wrestle kids closer to their own level.

I would assume that these coaches know each other and probably have contact with each other on a regular basis.  I see nothing wrong with getting together a head of time and discussing the relative strengths of their kids and preventing a potentially dangerous situation of mismatched talents.

It sounds good in thought.  But if the better wrestlers earned the spot then they will want that win to go on their record.  Forfeit or not.  And I would want them to have that win.  All teams keep a history of the amount of wins wrestlers have and most good wrestlers are striving to be on top of the board for most wins.

But I do see where you were going with this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.