2012 Marion County Tournament

Dolbydude

they only seed 8 wrestlers so they can't move to the 16th seed cause there isn't one. They have to remain seeded because who is to say who should be the new 8th seed? You would have to have a whole seperate seeding meeting. This is the easiest and quickest way to resolve the issue.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they only seed 8 wrestlers so they can't move to the 16th seed cause there isn't one. They have to remain seeded because who is to say who should be the new 8th seed? You would have to have a whole seperate seeding meeting. This is the easiest and quickest way to resolve the issue.

It might be the easiest way but it is wrong. Are you there to make it easier on yourself or fair for the kids.

Great day of wrestling. A lot of good match's. 126 ended up almost the way it should have. Reel had an easy path to the finals. I think if the wrestlers he and McMillan would have went for 3rd and 4th and Kinney and Robles for 1st and 2nd.

...and the probability of that happening is 1 in 1.22678 x 10 to the -30th power or 1 in 1 nonillion, 226octillion, 780 heptillion

0r as a decimal 0.000000000000000000000000000000788861

or you could use the non-mathematical terminology and just say extremely unlikely.

It is not unlikely when your name is Jim Tonte.

Did you know Tonte can slam a revolving door?

It is not unlikely when your name is Jim Tonte.

Did you know Tonte can slam a revolving door?

I am not sure if you are implying that I think Perry did something wrong. If you are that is the furthest thing from the truth. Their coach's dedication and hard work put in by the kids is why they are the powerhouse they are.

I am saying anytime a team replaces a wrestler, that wrestler should go to the bottom of the bracket. That is just my opinion. Had that happened the outcome yesterday would not have changed other than the 3 and 4 match would have been different. So would have 1 and 2 been. Seeding for later on may have changed depending on the outcome. Congrats to Kinney you looked good yesterday.

The last spot on the bracket was the 8th seed. The coaches do not have time to reseed each weight class that has a change after weigh-ins or the tournament would not start even close to on time. If you are so adamant about this then you need to talk to the IHSAA and all the tournament directors in the state. My guess is you are only concerned because your son could have placed a spot or two higher in this case.

The last spot on the bracket was the 8th seed. The coaches do not have time to reseed each weight class that has a change after weigh-ins or the tournament would not start even close to on time. If you are so adamant about this then you need to talk to the IHSAA and all the tournament directors in the state. My guess is you are only concerned because your son could have placed a spot or two higher in this case.

No I am concerned because the way it is done is BS.

Don't presume you can read my mind, your not that evolved.

Because I was not watching 132. It does not matter what weight it is. It is wrong to do it the way it is being done. A wrestler coming in should be the last person in the bracket not the last seed. The way it came out, three tough kids were in the bottom bracket together and one was in the top by himself. The person who really got screwed was Robles. He should have been in the finals.

Thats all I have to say about it. From what I am told you think you know it all and there is no talking to you so I am going to let it go.

Even if they re-seeded everyone Kinney would have been the number 1 seed. So it would have just looked like the original bracket. Robles had a great tournement, but your nonesensical jibber jabber is detracting from his accomplishment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.