2012 Marion County Tournament

Dolbydude

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

james will not be participating he just had his appendix taken out today

If Brandon is not in and Perry puts in another wrestler. If this wrestler has not had any match`s this year and no wrestlers in common last year. What seed would he get?

If Brandon is not in and Perry puts in another wrestler. If this wrestler has not had any match`s this year and no wrestlers in common last year. What seed would he get?

Sorry to hear about that.  Hope he recovers fast.  From the Chastain's

Sorry to hear about that.  Hope he recovers fast.  From the Chastain's

I guess this did not look good me asking that and not commenting about this unfortunate chain of events. I asked Keith to pass along to Rich our best wish's to Brandon. I have known him since he was a little kid. Great young man and we feel very sorry for him that this happened during season. We wish him a very speedy recovery and nothing but the very best.

I am going to go out on an assumption here. I am guessing we will see Aiden Kinney at 126. If that is the case, what seed will he get?

I believe the procedure is for a seed replacement to go in as the lowest (8th) seed and the others move up 1 seed. In this case, Brandon was the #1 seed, so his replacement would go in at #8 and all others would move up 1 place. If a lower seed is replaced, then the replacement goes in at #8 and that seed and below each move up 1 place. If multiple seeds are replaced, then the higher seed gets replaced at a highe place. For example, if the #3 and #6 seeds are replaced, the replacement for #3 would go in at #7, the replacement for #6 would go in at #8 then #1 and #2 are unchanged, #4 goes to #3, #5 goes to #4, #7 goes to #5, #8 goes to #6. A little long-winded, but I think that is how it works.

Ill take Kinney at 126 then. Good coaching by Tonte. Use another wrestlers record to get seeded. Bc Thornton maybe you can help but don't you have to have a couple of matches in to earn a seed? I haven't seen Kinney put in for James at all.

Ill take Kinney at 126 then. Good coaching by Tonte. Use another wrestlers record to get seeded. Bc Thornton maybe you can help but don't you have to have a couple of matches in to earn a seed? I haven't seen Kinney put in for James at all.

Are you implying that Coach Tonte knew Brandon James was going to have apendicitis, causing him to withdraw from the tournament, but got him seeded first anyway, so that he could later replace him with another wrestler? Oh where is Oliver Stone and the black helicopters? If we had known that Brandon would not be available, we would have seeded Aiden and based on the fact that he is the only wrestler in the field that made it to the semi-state last year, he would have been seeded first. Intentionally getting him seeded 8th does not appear to be such a smart move, so to sum it up, NO, COACH TONTE DID NOT USE ANOTHER WRESTLER'S RECORD TO GET A WRESTLER SEEDED! Look at 132...Levi Moss has only 1 match, but he is seeded 2nd (only to a state runner up) based on his performance last year. Please remember that the intention of a seeding meeting is to seperat strong wrestlers so that they meet later in the tournament.

Thanks for all the info. This is the first time I have checked back since the other day. Funny how these things take off. I knew if Kinney was on weight, he would take Brandons place in this tournament. I also know that if he is on weight, he more than likely will do well. A tough kid coming into a bracket with virtually no match`s for the year is going to be a spoiler at some point in the tournament. Like anyone else who has a dog in the fight, I was just wondering if we would meet him earlier than later...

We all know Coach Tonte has many super powers including being able to see into the future. I saw him once predict the flip of a coin 100 straight times.  

...and the probability of that happening is 1 in 1.22678 x 10 to the -30th power or 1 in 1 nonillion, 226octillion, 780 heptillion

0r as a decimal 0.000000000000000000000000000000788861

or you could use the non-mathematical terminology and just say extremely unlikely.

...and the probability of that happening is 1 in 1.22678 x 10 to the -30th power or 1 in 1 nonillion, 226octillion, 780 heptillion

or you could use the non-mathematical terminology and just say extremely unlikely.

Even with those numbers I still cant doubt it

Dave,

You were short (1) 0. Sorry to have to correct you. ;D

Just out of curiosity, I saw the 126 bracket has changed yet again. I saw they have Kinney listed as 9-0. I did not think he has wrestled a varsity match this year? What weight has he been wrestling?

Dave,

You were short (1) 0. Sorry to have to correct you. ;D

I checked it again and 1/(2 to the 100th power) = 7.88861 x 10 to the -31 power. As a decimal, you need to move the decimal point 31 places to the left. The first of those places put the decimal point to the left of the 7, and the subsequent 30 places are filled in with zero. So the decimal should be a decimal point, followed by 30 zeros then 788861, which is what I originally posted.

I checked it again and 1/(2 to the 100th power) = 7.88861 x 10 to the -31 power. As a decimal, you need to move the decimal point 31 places to the left. The first of those places put the decimal point to the left of the 7, and the subsequent 30 places are filled in with zero. So the decimal should be a decimal point, followed by 30 zeros then 788861, which is what I originally posted.

I stand corrected....... :o

I agree that the seeding is there to primarily separate the the better wrestlers. At 26 with all the changes, 3 of the best wrestlers are together in the bracket. In this case the seeding is doing an injustice to the better wrestlers.

I agree that the seeding is there to primarily separate the the better wrestlers. At 26 with all the changes, 3 of the best wrestlers are together in the bracket. In this case the seeding is doing an injustice to the better wrestlers.

I am guessing you are referring to the lower bracket. Should make a good quarter finals and semi' IMO

I hope that someone might be able to clarify something for me. Why would the replacement wrestler go to the 8th seed when these are 16 man brackets? If they are to be placed in the lowest seed, wouldn't that be 16th(or 14th, if there are 2 byes)? For example, in the previously questioned 126 bracket, why are Aiden Kenny & Nick Sloan (both replacement wrestlers after the original seeding) slotted at 7th & 8th? According to the "Wrestler Detail" sheet, both of these wrestlers have records of "0-0". So why are they being placed ahead of wrestlers:  Clay Roberston (5-5), Ron Schmoll (7-5), Brody Manuel (1-7), and Joe Smedley (4-4)? I'm just trying to figure out how wrestlers that have wrestled varsity and have records aren't being moved up in order ahead of these replacements. Help.... ???

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.