Class Rankings

tskin

I encourage everyone to take extra time and research all the teams you plan on voting for this week.  Y2 has done a great job of getting every result out there for everyone to see on his page.  For this model to work our voters must have integrity and be informed.  I look forward to seeing the newest rankings and seeing who our top 4 seeds in each class will be.  I will be drawing the other four teams into the bracket Friday night at the Jeff Classic tourney.  We will draw in the coaches meeting before tourney then announce to the crowd.

Joe are the genius rankings going to be compiled before the votes need to be turned in for this weeks rankings?  I find them to be really helpful when doing the team rankings.  I am sure they take a ton of work, so no complaints if they are not out, just curious if they would be.

We're working on a release for before the weekend, but I'm not sure they will be done in time for voting (when's the deadline?).  Honestly, it's tough to put a ton of stock in them till after all the Christmas action anyway because there is such a limited number of good connections between all the teams.  (One more reason we'll have to keep evaluating how to get the best teams into the event.)

Busco is correct. The voting ballots from all the classes are to be sent in by Wednesday at noon.

We'll see what we can do.  Y2's trying his best to get me the stuff tonight, but there's always a little back and forth before we get all the data corrected and run through the system.  I would say don't hold your breath, but we'll see what happens.

We'll see what we can do.  Y2's trying his best to get me the stuff tonight, but there's always a little back and forth before we get all the data corrected and run through the system.  I would say don't hold your breath, but we'll see what happens.

*exhaling* Cool! I anticipate you guys will do great. (Provided you guys don't ignore or evade one another when you address eachother.. haha)

Joe are the genius rankings going to be compiled before the votes need to be turned in for this weeks rankings?  I find them to be really helpful when doing the team rankings.  I am sure they take a ton of work, so no complaints if they are not out, just curious if they would be.

Looks like it won't happen in time for the vote, unfortunately. 

You can be your own Genius, though.  Just don't over-focus on one match...consider score differentials across all common opponents to isolate true talent and arrive at the best prediction of who's better.  (Example: Floyd Central beats Mishawaka by 1 point this past weekend; but if you consider that match, plus 2 common opponents, plus a direct opponent's opponents match, you have the equivalent of 4 head-to-head matches--enough data to suggest Mishawaka is probably going to be better over the course of the season by at least 10 points per dual on average when the two face similar competition.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.