Coaching from the Stands Cliches

1oldwrestler

My 2 favorites I've heard over the years...

While when of my wrestlers was winning by a few points late in the 3rd period, his mother stands up during a break in action when the crowd is pretty quiet and screams "JUST DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID!"  (It was good advice for that particular wrestler)

Our regional has some pretty small schools in it.  One of their parents yelled out "DON'T LET THEM CITY BOYS GETCHA!"

My 2 favorites I've heard over the years...

While when of my wrestlers was winning by a few points late in the 3rd period, his mother stands up during a break in action when the crowd is pretty quiet and screams "JUST DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID!"  (It was good advice for that particular wrestler)

Our regional has some pretty small schools in it.  One of their parents yelled out "DON'T LET THEM CITY BOYS GETCHA!"

I heard that parent yell "Don't let them city boys getcha" ... Hilarious lol..

Two rival schools wrestling.  One school with an unusually low graduation rate was clearly winning the meet started the chant, "Maybe next year..."  The other, more academically gifted school, who was losing chanted back across the gym, "We'll be in college..."

At a football game between two similar schools in the Ft. Wayne area the school with lesser academics scored a touchdown to make the game a blowout.  The losing student section started chanting, "We passed ISTEP..."  I laughed so hard I almost wet my pants.

Do you see what happens Larry?  Do you see what happens when you..... shoot with head down, lay on stomach, get to high..... ect.

Your entering a world of Pain!! 

Mark it Dude  (After a fall, takedown or nearfall) 

OVER THE LINE!!!  When someone steps out of bounds. 

Nice Work, Nice work..... oh that usually comes from a coaches corner particularly a team that wears green. 

Just of few of My favorites!!! 

Go Tigers!!

"This is not 'Nam, there are rules." (referring to the Alpha Weigh-In Sheet)

Two rival schools wrestling.  One school with an unusually low graduation rate was clearly winning the meet started the chant, "Maybe next year..."  The other, more academically gifted school, who was losing chanted back across the gym, "We'll be in college..."

At a football game between two similar schools in the Ft. Wayne area the school with lesser academics scored a touchdown to make the game a blowout.  The losing student section started chanting, "We passed ISTEP..."  I laughed so hard I almost wet my pants.

Nice. 

I've heard this same chant from a couple of stories, but specifically a friend of mine who went to Scecina heard the academically elite Park Tudor student section after losing singing, "That's alright. That's ok.  You're gonna work for us someday!"

"Do a move with a name"!!!  Or "What was that? They don't coach that in practice!! does it even have a name?"

Heard this from a coach "If your are going to lay down for him that easy at least get a dinner from it"

Referee stops a chicken wing as a potentially dangerous hold as the kid is going over.  Coach stands up and yells, "That's not potentially dangerous!"  To the coach's surprise the ref turns and asks, "What would you call it?"  Coach, "Potentially AWESOME!"  ;D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.