Al Smith Classic

GAT36

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, looks like Penn took it on the chin this morning. 1 kid in the finals, is a bit a surprise! Mishawaka however just the opposite, I believe 4 in the finals, wow!

Looks about right as all of the Penn losses besides 152 were to higher ranked wrestlers .

Kenny Hughes----Champion!

Both Hughes' boys have an argument for OW! The only point Drew gave up was a penalty point vs. Davis and he pinned the Number 1 kid at 120lbs. Kenny stuck his way to the Al Smith title! Both deserving, how about a Co-OW?

Kenny Hughes----Champion!

Both Hughes' boys have an argument for OW! The only point Drew gave up was a penalty point vs. Davis and he pinned the Number 1 kid at 120lbs. Kenny stuck his way to the Al Smith title! Both deserving, how about a Co-OW?

You are such a Homer Shane, :) But you do make valid points that cannot be denied!

Lol. Thats a silver lining observation if i ever read one.

Makes perfect sense to me. They had a bunch of kids who outperformed expectations and made it to semis. Therefore it was no huge surprise that they lost 8 of 9. Looking at the team score after the semis and before the corresponding consolation bracket round is kind of like looking at scores after 145 and not waiting for all the weights to come in. Penn may have lost the lead to Merrillville in the morning, but they still had a very good shot at winning the whole tourney.

Makes perfect sense to me. They had a bunch of kids who outperformed expectations and made it to semis. Therefore it was no huge surprise that they lost 8 of 9. Looking at the team score after the semis and before the corresponding consolation bracket round is kind of like looking at scores after 145 and not waiting for all the weights to come in. Penn may have lost the lead to Merrillville in the morning, but they still had a very good shot at winning the whole tourney.

Every kid that made it to the semis , was good enough to make it to the semi's . Who outperformed ?? Penn does not have the superstuds like,, Mish #1 Forte  , Merrillville , Jimtown #1 Crume , etc. The highest ranked wrestler they have is Kade Maggart , and he didn't wrestle . What they do have is a complete team filled with guys that would be ranked in the #10-#20 range . Theres no silver lining , if you want to know what Im talking about , wrestle them in a dual . Having 3-4 superstuds wont be enough to overcome 14  solid wrestlers .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.