Al Smith Classic

GAT36

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every kid that made it to the semis , was good enough to make it to the semi's . Who outperformed ?? Penn does not have the superstuds like,, Mish #1 Forte  , Merrillville , Jimtown #1 Crume , etc. The highest ranked wrestler they have is Kade Maggart , and he didn't wrestle . What they do have is a complete team filled with guys that would be ranked in the #10-#20 range . Theres no silver lining , if you want to know what Im talking about , wrestle them in a dual . Having 3-4 superstuds wont be enough to overcome 14  solid wrestlers .

Well put. Penn performance was truly a team performance.  I think they are the solid #2 or #3 team in the state.  How do you see the Matchups shaking out for the 1/3 dual with the Cavemen?  First glance I see Penn winnng 6 or 7 matches with a couple of swing weights. Bonus points will be big.  I see Mishawaka taking 106, 132, 138 and 145 for sure.  Your thoughts?

Well put. Penn performance was truly a team performance.  I think they are the solid #2 or #3 team in the state.  How do you see the Matchups shaking out for the 1/3 dual with the Cavemen?  First glance I see Penn winnng 6 or 7 matches with a couple of swing weights. Bonus points will be big.  I see Mishawaka taking 106, 132, 138 and 145 for sure.  Your thoughts?

I wouln't say 132 is for sure as Martsolf only beat Curcio 5-3 today . I would say for sure wins for the Cavemen are 106,138,145 and 220.  Penn for sure wins are 120,152, 170 and 285(if Maggart wrestles). Chase Osborne beat Proctor twice at the Al Smith , so I'm going with Penns Osborne at 160 . I'll also give the nod to Penns Stasiak to win 195 . I think 113,126 and 182 will decide the outcome .

Every kid that made it to the semis , was good enough to make it to the semi's . Who outperformed ?? Penn does not have the superstuds like,, Mish #1 Forte  , Merrillville , Jimtown #1 Crume , etc. The highest ranked wrestler they have is Kade Maggart , and he didn't wrestle . What they do have is a complete team filled with guys that would be ranked in the #10-#20 range . Theres no silver lining , if you want to know what Im talking about , wrestle them in a dual . Having 3-4 superstuds wont be enough to overcome 14  solid wrestlers .

According to seeds, Penn should have had two in finals, five in the semis. By my calculations, that means 8 of 9 of those kids met or exceeded expectations. It was logical that they lose a bunch of matches in semis. I was trying to say Penn was still best team there today. I think you just misunderstood my point.

I wouln't say 132 is for sure as Martsolf only beat Curcio 5-3 today . I would say for sure wins for the Cavemen are 106,138,145 and 220.  Penn for sure wins are 120,152, 170 and 285(if Maggart wrestles). Chase Osborne beat Proctor twice at the Al Smith , so I'm going with Penns Osborne at 160 . I'll also give the nod to Penns Stasiak to win 195 . I think 113,126 and 182 will decide the outcome .

For sure swing match at 32 but i give the edge again to martsoff on experience. Bonus points for mish at 6,38,45,220. Bonus points for penn at 20,52,285. Swing matches at 13,60,82. ( osborne barely got by proctor the second match). mishawakas 26 majored penns guy 12-1.. I got mishawaka winning 8 out of 14 weights . pins for mishawaka or penn will decide the dual. It is going to be a great dual between two very good teams, can"t wait till thursday!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.