TEC

bigdwaltz

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he can pull an upset or two...

I am pulling for him to upset #1 seed myself. reffitt hung with markley and was up on points before markley took over and pinned him. markley got beat by garringer by only one point and that doesnt take into account the back points markley never got from the peterson. I would say anything is possible in that half of the bracket. the winner will come from that half.

fun facts:

last year the TEC had 2 wrestlers enter the tournament undefeated and remained undefeated. they were kyle walters from union city and cody phillips from union county.

how many are undefeated this year? 1 - freshman 220 cody mcmillian from hagerstown (record of 0-0)

but this year we have 4 wrestlers with only 1 loss: winchesters 106 garringer (24-1), tri's 120 craft (10-1), union city's 152 wyatt (30-1), union citys 182 antonoglou (32-1)

last year, only one wrestler that was unseeded appeared in the championship match: Union countys brian mathews...this year, he is unseeded again (no respect). can he do it again or will anyone else?

last year the TEC produced 4 state qualifiers: cody phillips, kyle walters, cody handley, austin fuller (phillips and walters graduated). how many will go to state this year?

last year, out of the 14 weight classes, 12 #1 seeds went on to become TEC champs. the other 2 champs were #2 seeds. how many #1 seeds will become TEC champs this year and will we finally see a #3 seed or lower become champ? I predict we will.

stay tuned...

I believe that a non 1-2 seed will win conference. 

Two guys are going for there 4th conference title, Fuller 132 and Handley 145

I don't believe anyone is going for there 3rd, but a handful are going for there 2nd.

I think it really is a wide open tournament and the winning team will pull an upset or two or more, lol.

State.... well, obviously the 2 returning qualifiers are very good potential returners to the state meet, Fuller and Handley, after them, Wyatt 152, Antanoglu 182, and it gets thinner after that. 

I don't recall a freshman winning last year in a weight class to continue a chance for another 4 timer.

I think 152 is the only weight with 2 returning conference champions in it Wyatt 145 and Finney 152 from last year.

before wrestling begins i wanna say goodluck to all the wrestlers and i also want to put that Union City will walk outta hagerstown with four champs! wyatt at 152 Anguiano at 160, Antonoglu at 182 and Bocanegra at 195! i feel that Union City will have 4 champs, 5 third placers! All of the boys are wrestling with heart and fire and it will be a good day for UCI! i also want to say the WC Rascon and Williams will do great today good luck fellas leave it all on the mat!!!

Finals, and this is off memory.

106 Garringer Win over Newton CC

113 Jenkinson Cent over Isaacs CC

120 Tipton Cent over Craft Tri

126 Cox Win over McDaniel Hag

132 Fuller UCo over Wages NE

138 Cox Hag over Rascon Win

145 Handley NE over Hartman UCo

152 Wyatt UCi over Finney NE

160 Krom UCo over Blake Tri

170 Gough Win over Baron UCi

182 Antonoglu UCi over Jessup Win

195 Bocanegra UCi over Calderon Cent

220 Sofronko Win over Robinson Cent

HVY Deilks UCo over Shank CC

Top 3 teams, Win, UCo, Cent

I will try an remember 3-4, but harder to do.

106 Miller Tri over Markley Cent

113 McClurg UCo over Thompson Win

120 Bowers UCo over Roach Hag

126 Micheals Cent over Isaacs Tri

132 Holcomb Win over Scholl Hag

138 Killion Cent over Oswald UCo

145 Terriquez UCi over Gorman Tri  not that sure about this one

152 Rihm CC over Aquino UCo

160 Anguiano UCi over Cross Win

170 Matthews UCo over Cook Tri

182 Jordan Cent over Stephens UCo

195 Hangen Win over Roach Hag

220 Riser UCi over McMillan Hag

HVY Williams Win over Henry UCI

fun facts:

last year the TEC had 2 wrestlers enter the tournament undefeated and remained undefeated. they were kyle walters from union city and cody phillips from union county.

how many are undefeated this year? 1 - freshman 220 cody mcmillian from hagerstown (record of 0-0)

but this year we have 4 wrestlers with only 1 loss: winchesters 106 garringer (24-1), tri's 120 craft (10-1), union city's 152 wyatt (30-1), union citys 182 antonoglou (32-1)

last year, only one wrestler that was unseeded appeared in the championship match: Union countys brian mathews...this year, he is unseeded again (no respect). can he do it again or will anyone else?

last year the TEC produced 4 state qualifiers: cody phillips, kyle walters, cody handley, austin fuller (phillips and walters graduated). how many will go to state this year?

last year, out of the 14 weight classes, 12 #1 seeds went on to become TEC champs. the other 2 champs were #2 seeds. how many #1 seeds will become TEC champs this year and will we finally see a #3 seed or lower become champ? I predict we will.

stay tuned...

3 of the 4 wrestlers that entered with 1 loss went on to be TEC champs. the one that didnt was Tri's 120 wes craft who was beat in the championships by centervilles dakota tipton.

mathews did not advance to the championship round as he did last year from being unseeded but he did finish 3rd...but we did have 2  other unseeded wrestlers make it to the finals this year and that was union city's charlie baron at 170 and 160 lane blake from Tri.

of the 14 weight classes, 10 tec champs were #1 seeds, 3 were number 2 seeds and as I predicted, we did see a champ come from outside the top 2 seeds and that was 3 seed wyatt krom from union county at 160.

was a great day of wrestling and once again the TEC showed they have the best kids in the state. these wrestlers work hard and show some of the best sportsmanship every year. congrats to everyone on a successful tournament, to all the champs and to winchester for taking home the trophy.

I believe that a non 1-2 seed will win conference.  

Two guys are going for there 4th conference title, Fuller 132 and Handley 145

I don't believe anyone is going for there 3rd, but a handful are going for there 2nd.

I think it really is a wide open tournament and the winning team will pull an upset or two or more, lol.

State.... well, obviously the 2 returning qualifiers are very good potential returners to the state meet, Fuller and Handley, after them, Wyatt 152, Antanoglu 182, and it gets thinner after that.  

I don't recall a freshman winning last year in a weight class to continue a chance for another 4 timer.

I think 152 is the only weight with 2 returning conference champions in it Wyatt 145 and Finney 152 from last year.

fuller and handley did win their 4th TEC championship and we didnt have any freshman win this year so it will be a long time before anyone repeats as a 4x conference champ again.

maybe in 5 years we will see the next 4x conference champ. i hear union countys 8th grader cameron coffman is the one to watch there.

3 of the 4 wrestlers that entered with 1 loss went on to be TEC champs. the one that didnt was Tri's 120 wes craft who was beat in the championships by centervilles dakota tipton.

mathews did not advance to the championship round as he did last year from being unseeded but he did finish 3rd...but we did have another unseeded wrestler make it to the finals this year and that was union city's charlie baron at 170.

of the 14 weight classes, 10 tec champs were #1 seeds, 3 were number 2 seeds and as I predicted, we did see a champ come from outside the top 2 seeds and that was 3 seed wyatt krom from union county at 160.

was a great day of wrestling and once again the TEC showed they have the best kids in the state. these wrestlers work hard and show some of the best sportsmanship every year. congrats to everyone on a successful tournament, to all the champs and to winchester for taking the trophy.

I believe Tri's 160 also was unseeded an made the finals.

Looking to next year, Centerville only losing 2 seniors and finishing 3rd will IMO, be the favorite, atleast starting the season.

I believe Tri's 160 also was unseeded an made the finals.

Looking to next year, Centerville only losing 2 seniors and finishing 3rd will IMO, be the favorite, atleast starting the season.

you are right so I corrected that and added him. thanks.

also, centerville only has 1 senior that they will be losing, and he didnt make weight today. they had 3 out of the lineup and forfeited 160 (seniors spot that didnt make weight), 182 is a freshman out with concussion and never had a 285 all year. finishing 3rd without 3 in the lineup is really good. definately see them as favorites next year like you say.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I do not think I have the email addresses for all of the TEC Coaches so I decided to post this in the TEC thread so that maybe they would see it or someone would forward it to them.  Most are fairly close to NC and this would be an economical way for kids to get better.

We will be having camp in new Castle again this summer on June 5-6-7 (Thursday-Friday).  I have three outstanding clinicians coming in.  Angel Escobedo, Reece Humphrey, and Pete Rogers are as good a line-up of wrestling instructors as you will find anywhere in the country.  If you lay our camp schedule out against any other camp's schedule you will quickly see that there is no comparison in terms of the bang you get for you buck at our camp versus any other camp even at the non discounted price let alone the team discounts.  We have as much instruction and Live wrestling as camps that charge anywhere from 3-5 times what it will cost your wrestlers to come to our camp.  We also offer group discounts that allow your wrestlers to participate at a  rate that is 7-8 times less expensive than most camps.  I have attached the camp info to this email and pasted in a link to where the info can be accessed on the web.  Feel free to forward this to anyone whom you think might be interested.  The camp costs $100 and I will list our group rates below.

Our group rates are:

5-9 Wrestlers (forms sent in together)  -  $75

10+ Wrestlers (forms sent in together)  -  $55

Group rates are good until May 15.

I do not think you can find as good of a camp experience for your wrestlers anywhere let alone for these prices.

If you have any questions please contact me at rpeckinp@nccsc.k12.in.us

Thanks,

Rex

Rex Peckinpaugh

Head Wrestling Coach

New Castle HS

http://www.newcastlewrestling.com/camp.pdf

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.