Huntington North 12/1 Invite question

kevinl

When will we know the pools and duals for the Viking Invite?

Will they be the same as last year?

Several kids ranked in the FW SS will be there from Carroll, Norwell, Whitko, Luers, Huntington North, Concordia, Dwenger, and Oak Hill.  If I remember that is all the teams that will be there.

I heard there will be an invading horde from the north at huntington north this year. All with 'G' tatooed on their chests

The Griswold family is coming for the Holidays?

Nothing to strike fear into a tournament than inviting the Fighting Griswolds!!!  Uncle Lewis still gives me the hebby jebbies.

Any idea who was left on the side of the road to make room for them?

MATCH SCHEDULE: FIRST TEAM LISTED IS RESPONSIBLE FOR SCOREBOOK

ROUND 1

HN vs Garrett

Oak Hill vs Dwenger

Carroll vs Luers

Norwell vs Whitko

ROUND 2

HN vs Oak Hill

Dwenger vs Garrett

Carroll vs Norwell

Whitko vs Luers

ROUND 3

HN vs Dwenger

Garrett vs Oak Hill

Carroll vs Whiko

Norwell vs Luers

ROUND 4

CROSS BRACKET (does not determine final round seeding)

1?s vs 2?s

3?s vs 4?s

ROUND 5

Final Round (from pool play only)

1?s vs 1?s

2?s vs 2?s

etc

Looks like anything better than last place will be an accomplishment for our team with no seniors and only 4 juniors

Hey there, give your boys more credit than that.

Luers looks to have a closer to full team than they have in a long time.  But they only have 2 seniors and may only have 2 juniors wrestling varsity.  Eight kids will not have a single high school varsity match (freshman and first year sophomores) under their belts and one wrestled about half the season last year before getting injured.  And many of our varsity wrestlers, including our best returning wrestler (record wise from last year,) had there first practice yesterday after 15 weeks of football.  None of them will be close to weight by Saturday.

And one of the fathers of a wrestler at Norwell says that they are down this year as well.  You may be last in your pool, but I think there are several teams in the other pool that you could beat.

I am picking the looser of Luers v. Norwell as the last place team.

I look forward to talking to you Saturday and tell J and B good luck.  I always enjoy watching them wrestle, just not against us.  Are they the same weights as last year?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.