SIAC Wrestling

Let's get it started....no one talking about the SIAC.  I know that 3 Teams are left playing Football (Reitz, Castle, MD), but all of the rest of the teams are up and going.

Any info on projected line-up or suprising information? I have heard some whispers from the West Side and North Side on possible weight changes and possible no-shows in the wrestling room this year.  We will have to wait until Football is over to get at the bottom of these situations.

We all should be proud that we have 2 SIAC School wrestling in the IHSWCA Duals in December.  After this is over, I would expect that line-ups might change for Memorial and MD to put thier best tournament team together and not the best dual team.

What is everyone thought of the new Sectional alignment?  Fergy got his wish and got away from MD in the Sectional.  Hopefully it will help them improve their team point for the IHSWCA Duals scoring format.  This whole change is just is mind blowing to me.

What does everyone have to say?

Good luck to the Football teams still playing, but lets get to wrestling

So IN Whisper

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard rumors about possible weight classes, but for now these are only rumors.  Word is Kelly and Kemper will wrestle off for 145.  Loser will go up (Kemper) or down (Kelly) I would guess.  Heard Wedding is going to try to get to 126 and I think Welch will probably be there also.  Ferguson (106), Kuhn (113), Davis (120), Johns (132) is the news out of Reitz.  MD has a lot of possiblities, so who knows right now. 

I have heard the same about Central's two studs, but I heard that loser goes 152 for both. Any word yet on the upper weight from Reitz. I heard one may not be coming out b/c he is wanting to focus on Football in College.

Anyway, what does the other SIAC Schools bring.  I would think that Memorial took a huge hit in losing Coughlin.  Btw, Gibson Southern maybe making a charge in a few years with Blake and Matt running the program.

MD rumors ..Schweizer 113 . Johnson120 . Jordan126. Pierre 132. Schroeder 138 or 145. Weinzapfel 152. Parkinson160. Schneider 170 or182. Collins195. Wright 220 or Hvy. Seng may not crack line up at 120 or 126.

MD rumors ..Schweizer 113 . Johnson120 . Jordan126. Pierre 132. Schroeder 138 or 145. Weinzapfel 152. Parkinson160. Schneider 170 or182. Collins195. Wright 220 or Hvy. Seng may not crack line up at 120 or 126

Wow.  You've got a lot of info on MD.  Do you consider it reliable?  Can't believe Seng won't make lineup.  He was extremely close to being a state qualifier last year.

I believe Brown is a returning champ from 106, but will probably be up a weight class this year.  Davis is the returning conference champ at 113, Welch at 120 and I believe Wedding is at 126 (Vanhook was out injured).  Wedding may be back at the same weight.  Rumors are he will, but nothing definite until we see him wrestle.  Can't remember if Parkinson was the champ at 160, but I can't think of anyone who would have beat him.  He is returning, not sure of weight.  Wright is returning Heavyweight champ.  So, it looks like either 5 or 6 returning champs with possibly 2 (Wedding and Wright) at same weight. 

I would agree with the two you picked...add in Johns and a kid named Reese.

Johns and Kuhn will definitely be toward the top, but I wouldn't predict them as winners.  I've heard Kuhn will be at 113, but I think Brown has the edge there.  I have heard 132 or 138 for Johns, but I wouldn't make him the favorite at either right now.  I'm sure he will be in the hunt though.  What weight is the Reese kid going to wrestle?  I've heard 145, but Kelley has got to be the favorite there.

I agree but Reitz has a knack for it. Alex Johns,  vanhook, kuhn, davis and more than likely Ferguson and reese.

Big difference in going from JV to SIAC champ at 106 and 138.  At 106 you are seeing mostly underclassman and first year varsity wrestlers; at 138 you will face some studs and more returning letter winners.  Any idea who the other 138's will be?   

I remember my son winning as a Freshman at 138 or whatever the weight was back then?  It's defenitely tougher the higher the weight class but it's not unheard of.................

No, it is not unheard of and there is also a difference in a freshman winning and a kid who couldn't make the lineup the year before winning.  I understand he was behind a very talented group at Reitz with VanHook and Moody last year so it would be very difficult to make the lineup.  Where was Reese when Vanhook went down last year or when Schnarr was out?  Did he ever fill in at either one of those weights?  Did he have any varsity experience last year?  If he did have varsity experience how did he do against the better competition?  You may be right on this one and if you are, I'll be the first to admit that is one heck of an accomplishment because I think it will be a difficult weight class.

I remember my son winning as a Freshman at 138 or whatever the weight was back then?  It's defenitely tougher the higher the weight class but it's not unheard of.................

i believe the aforementioned 138 champ was connor houchins.  i have heard that houchins' dad and jeff reese's dad both wrestled at north posey...

coincidence?  possible trend?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.