Fort Wayne Semi-State Rankings 1/9

Y2CJ41

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.you are right regarding not having a tough schedule. However regarding ordonez loss, perhaps you aren't taking into consideration that during first few seconds of that match he took kid down for first two and in process tore  rotator. That he even finished match was surprising

wow, so ordonez is out? if so thats not good. i think he is a real good wrestler and tough schedule or not, has shown what he can do. He beat SSQ from centerville early in the year (tipton) and I saw him beat some stiff competition at ISWA events during offseason.

.you are right regarding not having a tough schedule. However regarding ordonez loss, perhaps you aren't taking into consideration that during first few seconds of that match he took kid down for first two and in process tore  rotator. That he even finished match was surprising

Wow... If that's true, its very bad for him, but I can only take what I see into consideration... I was only going by the score since I wasn't there... Is he done for the season or will he be able to return?

Who are his losses to?

he got pinned by Chris Travis of Eastern, who is in the same regional, and it's a long road making it to state in out regional, and not being a champion. But i guess anything is possible. Imho, Travis is the best hwt in our area, but i look forward to or hwt wrestle either of them. Going to be some good matches.

Wow... If that's true, its very bad for him, but I can only take what I see into consideration... I was only going by the score since I wasn't there... Is he done for the season or will he be able to return?

he has been undergoing therapy, neuromuscular stimulation as well as numerous injections. Any surgery will wait till post season.  Hopefully he will make it thru. At ecic,  he was unable to fully raise arm the rest of match which hindered takedowns and of course the lack of strength did not help. He did beat the ssq 11-2 from centerville as well as the ssq from hagerstown Henderson by pin, ssq Messer from knightstown 8-1. He is 27-1 for season and just broke school record for career wins. You also mentioned Wyatt from u.c. another excellent wrestler. He recently sustained knee injury but hopefully will recover for upcoming sectionals etc. He too is on verge of breaking his school record. Another wrestler to watch is Gordon 132 from Delta. Very solid wrestler who has been overlooked far too often in my opinion.  So much talent that goes without mention, especially from smaller schools due to lack of "notable" wins. It's a shame because these very skilled athletes put in every bit of effort as the well known ranked ones.

he has been undergoing therapy, neuromuscular stimulation as well as numerous injections. Any surgery will wait till post season.  Hopefully he will make it thru. At ecic,  he was unable to fully raise arm the rest of match which hindered takedowns and of course the lack of strength did not help. He did beat the ssq 11-2 from centerville as well as the ssq from hagerstown Henderson by pin, ssq Messer from knightstown 8-1. He is 27-1 for season and just broke school record for career wins. You also mentioned Wyatt from u.c. another excellent wrestler. He recently sustained knee injury but hopefully will recover for upcoming sectionals etc. He too is on verge of breaking his school record. Another wrestler to watch is Gordon 132 from Delta. Very solid wrestler who has been overlooked far too often in my opinion.  So much talent that goes without mention, especially from smaller schools due to lack of "notable" wins. It's a shame because these very skilled athletes put in every bit of effort as the well known ranked ones.

you are right? these smaller school teams do put in as much work but lack the notable wins...I am a TEC guy and Henderson from hagerstown doesnt ring a bell and I should know if he is a ssq. did you possibly mean sean mcdaniel? I was at the match against centerville and the win over tipton he looked real good. tipton is no scrub and has a really good record right now. Also the win over gavin cox is a really good win too.I hope he and wyatt can return from injury to compete at a high level still during the state series. i like watching them wrestle

Two things...1.) how in the heck does a Wabash kid get mentioned in the FW SEMI-STATE rankings? I saw him wrestle at that same 8 way he went 5-0 at and he was just strong.Strength will only take you so far in the state tournament. He didnt look impressive at all. All of the heavyweights were TOG's. I wouldn't brag about going 5-0 at that meet. 2.) Martinez stop trying to get yourself ranked in the Semi-State rankings and just go out there and wrestle. Doesn't matter who you have already beat. You still have to go out there and beat them again when it counts.

you are right? these smaller school teams do put in as much work but lack the notable wins...I am a TEC guy and Henderson from hagerstown doesnt ring a bell and I should know if he is a ssq. did you possibly mean sean mcdaniel? I was at the match against centerville and the win over tipton he looked real good. tipton is no scrub and has a really good record right now. Also the win over gavin cox is a really good win too.I hope he and wyatt can return from injury to compete at a high level still during the state series. i like watching them wrestle

I could very easily be wrong about name - lord knows I can't keep up lol. Ordonez Cox and wyatt have their county tomorrow.  Ordonez faces Cox first. He beat him last time they wrestled, so will see. I know the Richmond two day took it's toll on him.  I also hope wyatt recovers fully. Have enjoyed watching him evolve over the past numerous years. Good kid, works hard

I could very easily be wrong about name - lord knows I can't keep up lol. Ordonez Cox and wyatt have their county tomorrow.  Ordonez faces Cox first. He beat him last time they wrestled, so will see. I know the Richmond two day took it's toll on him.  I also hope wyatt recovers fully. Have enjoyed watching him evolve over the past numerous years. Good kid, works hard

did this ordonez/cox match happen?

It did, Ordonez won in overtime.  A late 3rd period mental mistake by Gavin and questionable call (of course im bias lol) sent them to overtime where Ordonez won with a takedown. 

sounds like a good match. If michaels from centerville is wrestling tomorrow at the dual (been out for a week with flu), that should give some idea of whether or not gavin gets his conference championship on saturday. Michaels will be his toughest opponent in TEC but gavin should still win, especially tomorrow as michaels should be weak and not in shape just yet. Hopefully gavin can whip michaels into shape for conference lol. Both great wrestlers and good kids.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.