Merrillville Semi state Rankings FINAL

ontherise219

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

160 Colin Hileman NW beat madrando mccutcheon 3-2, the match score looks close but Colin dominated the match, had him on his back on the edge within one minute intothe match, multiple takedowns on edge of the mat out of bounds, if there in the middle Colin wins big,  Colin has yet to allow a TD this season 32-1. Overall

I think he will win the logansport regional, probably be him vs madrando in the finals, Colin is looking great right now, hopefully he can keep it rolling into sectional & beyond

Of course I'm confident in him but last few weeks have had multiple coaches say they would be surprised to not see him wrestling at bankers life!

160 is stacked at Merrilville, some real good wrestlers going to be left out

160 Colin Hileman NW beat madrando mccutcheon 3-2, the match score looks close but Colin dominated the match, had him on his back on the edge within one minute intothe match, multiple takedowns on edge of the mat out of bounds, if there in the middle Colin wins big,  Colin has yet to allow a TD this season 32-1. Overall

I think he will win the logansport regional, probably be him vs madrando in the finals, Colin is looking great right now, hopefully he can keep it rolling into sectional & beyond

Of course I'm confident in him but last few weeks have had multiple coaches say they would be surprised to not see him wrestling at bankers life!

I know you love wrestling and especially North White wrestling but, Colin is a great kid and thats a lot of pressure you are putting on him. do you really think he likes this? I know I would not like it if Colin was my son.  Just my opinion. 

160 Colin Hileman NW beat madrando mccutcheon 3-2, the match score looks close but Colin dominated the match, had him on his back on the edge within one minute intothe match, multiple takedowns on edge of the mat out of bounds, if there in the middle Colin wins big,  Colin has yet to allow a TD this season 32-1. Overall

I think the Calumet regional has 3 guys at 160 that can hang with or beat any other regional champ outside of Hughes.  Maldonado beat Madrando pretty handily at the Harvest.  The top 5 160's come out of 2 regionals.  It should be an exciting weight class to watch.

I know you love wrestling and especially North White wrestling but, Colin is a great kid and thats a lot of pressure you are putting on him. do you really think he likes this? I know I would not like it if Colin was my son.  Just my opinion.  

I have talked to.Colin about it numerous Times this season, he's a senior & his goal is to be a SQ It's definitely a possibility. We have discussed this many Times, whe knows in order to Have the best opportunity u need to go into semi state as a regional champion & a #1 seed.

He has beaten every sectional opponent & now beat the top 160 in the lafayette Jeff sectional. Big confidence boost. Colin should definitely win.TL sectional & more then likely face madrano in regional finals, if I had to pick now those 2 would be my pick

Colin knows what he needs to do & he handles pressure well. I don't think me saying this has any affect on how he wrestles. When Colin wrestles the way he is capable regional champipt is definitely in his reach

We talk about taking it one match at a time, wrestle the way he is capable & good things will happen, myself & other coaches r very confident in Colin & we expect a lot out of him. He has stepped up big this season, in our toughest Duals hes stepped up got a few pins & major decisions. If we didn't think Colin could handle the pressure we wouldn't put it on him.

Still a lot of wrestling left this season & anything can happen we r just being realistic, looking at the future & setting some goals

What happened to Eric Peek?

I believe there has been some sort of academic issue since his transfer from Portage that may be effecting eligibility. I hope to see everything sorted out in time for him to wrestle the state tourney.

ontherise,

I know this is minor, but I want to say that the Mishawaka final between Robinson and Eby was more like an 8-3 final.  It was 8-2 and then Robinson let him go at the end once the match was soundly in hand.  I'm not sure if you have the ability to change that in the key wins/losses section.

Atkinson in my opinion should be up higher on your board take a look at his only losses on the year!  Krumlaf- dekalb, mcginley- roncalli, perez Frankfort who is a stud!  Justin may have got beat in these matches but every match was close! This young man wrestles all summer competed at Fargo and is on a mission!

Derrick Suttles (195-Valpo) is someone we need to start paying more attention to. I know he's #9 in your semi-state rankings, but he might deserve a little more respect. He went undefeated at the Penn Super Duals (assuming he beat Stasiak there, but don't quote me on that), and then he took Morgan Kral (CP) into double OT last night in the Valpo-CP dual. From what I hear, Kral had the flu, but it's still the closest anyone has come to beating him all season, and he actually almost pulled out the win with a last-second, close-call-no-call takedown.

Derrick Suttles (195-Valpo) is someone we need to start paying more attention to. I know he's #9 in your semi-state rankings, but he might deserve a little more respect. He went undefeated at the Penn Super Duals (assuming he beat Stasiak there, but don't quote me on that), and then he took Morgan Kral (CP) into double OT last night in the Valpo-CP dual. From what I hear, Kral had the flu, but it's still the closest anyone has come to beating him all season, and he actually almost pulled out the win with a last-second, close-call-no-call takedown.

I think Patterson from Lowell lost 1-0 to Kral too but your point is understood.

I think Patterson from Lowell lost 1-0 to Kral too but your point is understood.

Yep, you're absolutely right.

Don't look now, but 195 in the CP sectional is shaping up to be extremely competitive (Kral-CP, Patterson-Lowell, Suttles-Valpo, and Bolen-KV).

Should be fun!

@152 Escobedo from new prairie beat tauber from KV, also @126 Kessler from new prairie pinned reitz from Griffith ....

Escabedo did not beat Tauber, they have not even wrestled each other this year, they were supposed to at Layfeyette Jeff but Escobedo jump up for that match

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.