Merrillville Semi state Rankings FINAL

ontherise219

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt tribett from twin lakes   beat the culver kid? Lukaszka beat twin lakes. ;D

New #4 at 113#

Trivet did beat Betts that is Betts only loss then tribett was defeated by Dremboski Valpos back up 106. So I think he is tough but since I also think Hartman is one of the best 113 and betts has a win over him that is why Betts stayed at 4

Quick question, how isn't Jeff Brasea from Lake Central ranked at 170 the kid was beating stevenson at one point and only lost by one point

I heard brassea caught on his back I thought it was further then a 1 point match. But here are 2 reasons  7 losses from dac

Losses from

Harvest

Spoko and wiseman

dac

jake wright portage luke Davis Valpo

County

Nick Fowler Calumet

Dual Steveson and I'm not sure of his other loss but I would guess all these guys would be ahead of Jeff

Quick question, how isn't Jeff Brasea from Lake Central ranked at 170 the kid was beating stevenson at one point and only lost by one point

fmrindian,

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story, right?  Brassea took Steveson down to his back and was leading 4-0, and Steveson proceeded to throttle him for the next 5 min and 30 seconds.  Ended up being a major decision with Steveson scoring over 20 points.

Not only that, he also finished dead last at the DAC Tournament.  Out of the 7 entrants at 170 (Chesterton had a forfeit), he was the first person eliminated, and the only participant to not advance with at least one win on either the championship side or the consolation side.

Yea Brassea did end up getting beat pretty good after that blast doubling to steveson's back (final was 19-11 and last takedown for the major was in the last seconds).  neither here nor there brassea was injured at dac with an arm injury and just wrestled for the team.  i will say i am looking forward to calumet regional sopko, steveson, brassea, should be a battle!!

fmrindian,

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story, right?  Brassea took Steveson down to his back and was leading 4-0, and Steveson proceeded to throttle him for the next 5 min and 30 seconds.  Ended up being a major decision with Steveson scoring over 20 points.

Clearly that post struck a chord with you, and you are correct that he put it on Brassea after the initial takedown and back points, however, as it was pointed out, you are wrong with regard to the 20+ points Stevenson scored, so if you are going to point that someone else had facts wrong, I thought I'd do the same.  Clearly those two young men are on differentl levels, no need to belittle Brassea because a poster went a bit overboard on his assessment of the match.

Just a comment i have about Brassea as i have watched him a bit.  He is very talented wrestler from a great LC program.  He did seem injured at the Dac(his arm) and faced some very tough competition. If he is healthy he should do real well and make the semi state.  No one I have seen has been close to Merrilville's Stevenson, and to be honest if Brassea lost 19-11 and actually took down Stevenson and put him on his back that is pretty impressive. time will tell, when he gets to Stevenson again and sopko in the regional we will see. 

Not only that, he also finished dead last at the DAC Tournament.  Out of the 7 entrants at 170 (Chesterton had a forfeit), he was the first person eliminated, and the only participant to not advance with at least one win on either the championship side or the consolation side.

Why stop there? Why not completely embarrass the kid? Go on, see what else you can think of to really bash the injured 17 year old!

You should take up something constructive to get rid of all that rage, buddy. Maybe some scrapbooking? You could make a burn book like the one in the movie Mean Girls! That'd be fun! Oh, or you could watch some TLC all day on TV and totally rip on all the ugly dresses those stupid brides pick out! Whatever you decide, just maybe don't use your free time to emphasize how poorly some kid wrestled on one day. Sound good?

I don't even know you Brassea, but I hope you crush it on Saturday dude...

Why stop there? Why not completely embarrass the kid? Go on, see what else you can think of to really bash the injured 17 year old!

You should take up something constructive to get rid of all that rage, buddy. Maybe some scrapbooking? You could make a burn book like the one in the movie Mean Girls! That'd be fun! Oh, or you could watch some TLC all day on TV and totally rip on all the ugly dresses those stupid brides pick out! Whatever you decide, just maybe don't use your free time to emphasize how poorly some kid wrestled on one day. Sound good?

I don't even know you Brassea, but I hope you crush it on Saturday dude...

...you mad?

Not mad, my friend, but rather frustrated as someone who works with kids every single day and realizes that, as confident as they may seem sometimes, they're still just kids.

In RR defense they asked how this guy isn't ranked and he gave a legit reason it isn't bashing a kid how does he know Brassea was injuried at the dac. The match with steveson happened on weds and dac was on Saturday. I thought I gave a very reasonable answer I hope he does do well this weekend and through the state series but you shouldn't be upset when you get the answer to the question

In RR defense they asked how this guy isn't ranked and he gave a legit reason it isn't bashing a kid how does he know Brassea was injuried at the dac. The match with steveson happened on weds and dac was on Saturday. I thought I gave a very reasonable answer I hope he does do well this weekend and through the state series but you shouldn't be upset when you get the answer to the question

I completely understand what you're saying, and I respect your comment. To me, however, for him to make an additional post with the sole intent of diminishing Brassea's skills and resume' seems completely unnecessary. It was NOT the answer to a question. If he had made his first post and stopped at that, I'd have no problem with it. The fact that he felt the need to add comments afterward which served no additional purpose in answering the original question is where I find a problem.

To be honest with you, I couldn't have cared any less how Brassea performed the rest of the season before all of this, and I have absolutely no affiliation with Lake Central wrestling. I don't care where he's ranked for the semi-state, because rankings mean nothing.

My purpose in this post was to demonstrate one fact: This is NOT a forum for making kids feel worse about their performances. If you want to praise a kid for winning or whatever, that's great, but not the other way around.

Yea Brassea did end up getting beat pretty good after that blast doubling to steveson's back (final was 19-11 and last takedown for the major was in the last seconds).  neither here nor there brassea was injured at dac with an arm injury and just wrestled for the team.  i will say i am looking forward to calumet regional sopko, steveson, brassea, should be a battle!!

At this point Bobby is at a whole different level, so the battle will be between Sopko and Brassea for second and third.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.