Evansville Semi-State Rankings 2-4-13 *Number breakdown on last page*

TripleB

Well, it is time to be Heard!! Not much love for the Bloomington Regional on here. The change in Southridge & Jennings Cty Sectionals could be interesting!  I see 2 wrestlers from Northview making some noise, Miller-195 & Sampson-HWT. Owen Valley have 3 solid wrestlers Newforth-138, Shaffer-170 & Robertson-HWT! Bloom South will be tough from top to bottom Runyon, Broukal, Barlow, Seitzinger, Fiddler and Thacker! Edgewood should have a few kids show up like Clawson, Cowden, Chambers! Then you can't forget the WIC Champs Sullivan and the Terre Haute Schools! Final thought, You heard it here OV Shaffer-12th, finished 2nd at ISWA State to Irick who is at IU now and higher than Seitzinger! Good Luck to all the young men and this Great Sport! Thanks 

Thanks for ur valuable input. I hope that u can keep us updated throughout the yr.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TripleB you are the MAN!!!  This info might help, at Tournament over the wkend! Straight from the Wrestler themself but never know what the coach's will do!! Danville Molloy-145, Montgomery-152 & Reeves160. Edgewood Chambers-182. Greenwood Schober-126 & Thompson-132. T.H.S. Uppel-106, Adams-145 & Helms-160. Also Seen on here that Parkinson-160, Fiddler-195,Thacker-182 & Broukal-132! Carter lost to Frye and Shaffer beat Frye @ Folkstyle State and NTende who beat Seitzinger!! Thanks

TripleB you are the MAN!!!  This info might help, at Tournament over the wkend! Straight from the Wrestler themself but never know what the coach's will do!! Danville Molloy-145, Montgomery-152 & Reeves160. Edgewood Chambers-182. Greenwood Schober-126 & Thompson-132. T.H.S. Uppel-106, Adams-145 & Helms-160. Also Seen on here that Parkinson-160, Fiddler-195,Thacker-182 & Broukal-132! Carter lost to Frye and Shaffer beat Frye @ Folkstyle State and NTende who beat Seitzinger!! Thanks

Thompson went 138 at Edgewood and will stay for a while if not the whole season.

Thanks for the hard work triple B!!!  Getting wrestler weights down this time of year is difficult, looks like you are doing a great job.

113, 132, 152 are stacked!  HWT is really deep this year I could see #7 and 8 winning semi state just as I can see # 1 guy.

Anyway you or someone can add the wrestlers accomplishments in with the rankings?  I would do it but can't until next week when I have time.

Lahue above Welch?  Not seeing that one. He is a great wrestler but Welch has the experience edge there.

Have to question the Lahue above Welch call. Everyone has opinions, but in that match-up i see Welch winning by at least 5 points

Lahue is a polarizing kid to say the least. Last year I got hammered for not ranking him high enough, this year I'm getting hammered for ranking him to high. Time will tell.

Honestly as I was about to post the rankings yesterday I got an email notifying me that Lahue was 26 and staying there. I just copy and pasted from 120 -126. Both Welch and Lahue will more than likely go undefeated and meet up at SS so it'll be hard to compare the two as the year goes on.

1. Bailey Lahue ? Corydon Central - 10

2. Luke Welch ? Castle - 12

3. Noah Schweizer ? Evansville Mater Dei - 11

4. Ben Macri ? Plainfield - 12

5. Jonah Thompson ? Greenwood - 12

6. Austin Jamison ? New Albany - 12

7. ?

8. ?

I don't agree with putting Lahue over Welch, Lahue is tough but I see the expirence of Welch giving him the edge. Also I havent seen Marci or Thompson wrestle but Austin Jamison from New Albany is currently ranked 11th in the state. Why not give him the edge?

looks like meenach is 6-0 . all pins except 1 and the only kid that has went the distance is Boonville and he beat him 15-2. Troutman is pretty good but he has to get through meenach to make it to Semi-State. I don't dissagree that he might be top eight but I would think you would throw Meenach in there somewhere

looks like meenach is 6-0 . all pins except 1 and the only kid that has went the distance is Boonville and he beat him 15-2. Troutman is pretty good but he has to get through meenach to make it to Semi-State. I don't dissagree that he might be top eight but I would think you would throw Meenach in there somewhere

Meenach - 3rd place sectionals, 2nd place regionals, dnp SS

Franlkin - 2nd place sectionals, 3rd place regionals, dnp SS

I wish nothing but the best for these guys and Coach Campbell at New Washington. They will get what they deserve as the season progresses. The first rankings go off of last years results and then build up from there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.