Evansville Semi-State Rankings 2-4-13 *Number breakdown on last page*

TripleB

Just to save this page from going 32 pages long in a matter of days could we refrain from quoting the entire ranking list when making a comment about it.  If a visual que is needed to make a point may I suggest maybe cutting the quote down to just the weight class being referenced.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Austin Little is a good wrestler and could win the semistate. The problem he will face to get on the preseason list is that Wright beat him head to head last year.  Also Hohl pinned him at sectional. He also lost to Schwoeppe from Southridge who did not make the list.

would just ilke to say Austin Little at heavyweight from north posey made it to semi-state last year and was tied with Suter all the way till the third period when Suter got a escape i would venture to say he will place at least second at ss if not he will beat Wright and take first                                                                                  Arent heavyweights ALWAYS tied till the 3rd?                                                                                                                                       

@Triple B...Tre Lynch is not going 120 this year. Bryce Peavler, who was New ALbany 120lb last yer and went to semi=state is going to be at 120 again, and Austin Jamison will be going 126 again this year and not 132.

I'm working with my Floyd County sources to confirm this.

I have another rumor out of the knobs. check the rankings as I've made the adjustment to relfect this rumor. Like NBC on election night, I feel confident in the calling this one.

Just for the record, don't really care where anyone is ranked right now, but come on!  Kemper and elderkin wrestled 4 times last year. And no disrespect to seth (elderkin), he won one of those matches. That just happened to be the most important match at sectionals, but he didn't get 6 takedowns in all 4 matches combined.

I know that Josh Davis from Reitz worked hard this off season and i believe when tournament time comes along you will see Davis at the top of the podium at Evansville Semi State at the 120 weight class

Davis could very well win it, but Schoettle will be tough to get past.  120 will be closely contested, but I guess at that point they all are. 

Seth Seitzinger (Bloomington South) is wrestling 160 again, not 170. Placed 4th at Disney duals after losing by 1 point to Florida multiple time state champ Cody Ross. Looking forward to his season!

Also, Zack Runyon(Bloomington South) is at 120 and may have been overlooked a bit. Sectional Champ. Regional Champ. Semi State Qualifier. Wrestled Anthony Schoettle (Center Grove) several times and was very close. Also very close with Aidan Kenny (Perry Meridian).

Well, it is time to be Heard!! Not much love for the Bloomington Regional on here. The change in Southridge & Jennings Cty Sectionals could be interesting!  I see 2 wrestlers from Northview making some noise, Miller-195 & Sampson-HWT. Owen Valley have 3 solid wrestlers Newforth-138, Shaffer-170 & Robertson-HWT! Bloom South will be tough from top to bottom Runyon, Broukal, Barlow, Seitzinger, Fiddler and Thacker! Edgewood should have a few kids show up like Clawson, Cowden, Chambers! Then you can't forget the WIC Champs Sullivan and the Terre Haute Schools! Final thought, You heard it here OV Shaffer-12th, finished 2nd at ISWA State to Irick who is at IU now and higher than Seitzinger! Good Luck to all the young men and this Great Sport! Thanks 

I can't see Mastison being ranked much higher than 4th or 5th even if he goes 113.  I would still keep Brown and Kuhn above him.

mastison would be better off eating protein and staying healthy at a higher weight, thought he looked like he cut too much last year.  Go in strong young man

Well, it is time to be Heard!! Not much love for the Bloomington Regional on here. The change in Southridge & Jennings Cty Sectionals could be interesting!  I see 2 wrestlers from Northview making some noise, Miller-195 & Sampson-HWT. Owen Valley have 3 solid wrestlers Newforth-138, Shaffer-170 & Robertson-HWT! Bloom South will be tough from top to bottom Runyon, Broukal, Barlow, Seitzinger, Fiddler and Thacker! Edgewood should have a few kids show up like Clawson, Cowden, Chambers! Then you can't forget the WIC Champs Sullivan and the Terre Haute Schools! Final thought, You heard it here OV Shaffer-12th, finished 2nd at ISWA State to Irick who is at IU now and higher than Seitzinger! Good Luck to all the young men and this Great Sport! Thanks 

Seitzinger and Shaffer were on opposite sides of the bracket. Seitzinger wrestled Irick (5th at State last year @ 170) as well, 2-3 Irick. I don't remember Shaffer's score with Irick but saw I some of the match. Shaffer is good and will do well.  Should definitely be given some ranking thought. I hear he's also a really good guy outside of wrestling as well.

Don't know all the other wrestlers mentioned in the quote, but some come to mind. Sampson (Northview) will do well. So will Chambers (Edgewood) and Clawson (Edgewood). I went to the the gym recently with Seitzinger and ran in to Clawson. He's working hard.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.