Evansville Semi-State Rankings 2-4-13 *Number breakdown on last page*

TripleB

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

80% of ranked wrestlers make it through to SS

90% of top 8 ranked wrestlers make it through to SS (it was 88% last year)

12 #1 ranked wrestlers won their regional.

145 did you no favors for this years average. 

Gotta say your 145 just got lucky!  I guess it helps to have Officials on your side to not make the right calls! When you see the kid have a take down, not get the 2, lets go and stands up holding hands in the air.  Then the other kid start to stand and gets taken down again only for the Official to wave it off is ridiculous!!!!  There were a lot of blatant missed calls!  I guess we'll see how things roll on Saturday!!!!  >:(

We will know here shortly,  who moves on and who don't.  Nerve are keeping me (dad) up maybe all night.  Or the two five hour energy drinks that i drunk. Good thing is I get the nerves and the kid doesn't.  There is about 11 to 12 decent kids at Evansville SS 126lbers that can make it out. I believe Evansville ss  has the better overall 126lbers in it. Gonna be a great day of wrestling. Be prepared to not leave your seats during the 126lbers matchups.  Guaranteed.....

GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU WRESTLERS                                                                     

TIME TO DO WHAT YOU DO                                    AND WHEN YOU COME OFF OF THE MAT WITH YOUR HEAD HELD HIGH AND PROUD                                                         

JUST KNOW THAT YOU DID YOUR BEST

Thank you for the enjoyment....now maybe i can sleep a little bit.

Good job on the rankings!  I am pretty sure everyone who made it to state were ranked in the top 15 except for maybe one or two kids. 

I threw in Oglesby (only a sophomore) at the last minute at heavyweight because he had a good record and was projected to make it to semi state.  Little did I know how good he was until I stood next to him at the Ford Center!  Kid is a monster for a sophomore!

Evansville Semi-State Rankings Breakdown:

Total number of non-ranked placers  (1st – 6th) – 5 or about 6%

Total number of non-ranked state qualifiers (1st – 4th) – 1 or about 2%

Total number or non-ranked state qualifiers not ranked in top 8 – 10 or about 9% (Last year it was 7)

Number of champs ranked #1 – 9

Number of championship match ups featuring #1 vs #2 – 3

Regional stats tomorrow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.