Pay to wrestle

twodogs

Avon has Athletic fees for each sport. they went up the last few years from a one time fee for all sports to a fee for each sport. 50 dollars for each, not sure where monies go. know we lost a paid coaching postion last year. until a few years ago the club never paid rental fees for use of wrestling room and now we have a contract that requires rent. We have bought needed supplies (new mat) in place of rent which is good for club and school.

New Pal has a " Bus" fee for athletes.  I don't understand it for the wrestlers because they never use the buses or a bus driver.  so who knows where the money goes.  But as long as the school needs it and they don't get carried away with how much they are asking for to be able to play, then It's Ok with me.  Its worth it.  PS Keith, FC has gotten carried away if you  have to pay that much to wrestle.

New Pal has a " Bus" fee for athletes.  I don't understand it for the wrestlers because they never use the buses or a bus driver.  so who knows where the money goes.  But as long as the school needs it and they don't get carried away with how much they are asking for to be able to play, then It's Ok with me.  Its worth it.  PS Keith, FC has gotten carried away if you  have to pay that much to wrestle.

How do the wrestlers get to matches at New Pal?

the team mini bus and coach drives those.

[/quotTh

the team mini bus and coach drives those.

Those mini buses really drink down the gas. Maybe gas and to pay for the mini bus itself is where that money goes. How much is the bus fee?

About two years ago I was talking to a coach down state and His AD and they were discussing this very issue and how the IHSAA was pushing towards this. I never thought that I would see it happen but I guess I was wrong. This will be their way of making all sports other then Football and basketball club sports which in their eyes are non money makers for them.

About two years ago I was talking to a coach down state and His AD and they were discussing this very issue and how the IHSAA was pushing towards this. I never thought that I would see it happen but I guess I was wrong. This will be their way of making all sports other then Football and basketball club sports which in their eyes are non money makers for them.

The IHSAA has nothing to do with individual schools going to the "pay to play". And the IHSAA does make money from wrestling.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.