Are you a double or single leg guy?

overtime

Wow - some of these comments are really dumb!

What 'Statistics' are you using for your statistical analysis of the 'Sag' Headlock?

Regardless - simply because a high risk move leads to high reward doesn't mean it's your best option. This is like saying you should only invest in very risky stock for you 401 K because 'statistically' you can make a lot more money.

The question of 'Single' vs 'Double' is a very good question for the forum. I would say it totally depends on the wrestler. If you are quick, powerful,  and explosive - of course the double. If you are a finesse wrestler and good in the scramble - the single.  - But I look forward to hearing what the rest of the board thinks.

Pop - Why don't you  try your 'sagging' headlock on J. Boroughs and see if the double or headlock is more effective. Incidentally the 'cradle' is the 'move' that most often leads to a pin in the NCAA tournament, statistically - more than a headlock.

Neither... taking shots are very risky, someone can sprawl and score. Sit back and defend is the only way to go!

Alright on a serious note, I personally used both. Change it up, its more fun and tends to be pretty effective.

Also, people dont commonly get pins off of singles and doubles in the ncaa either wildcat. I see way more pins off a headlock then off a single or double. Therefore what he said was correct.

The question was ?single or double,? and Pop said he preferred the ole? ? Sag Headlock? because it resulted in more pins. I keenly pointed out that the ?Cradle? results in more pins.

My point was the cradle will result in more pins than the sag headlock ? that is an actual NCAA statistic.

However, I keep being told that Pop is a stats guy ? even though he refuses to share these mysterious statistics that show how effective the sag headlock is. (no disrespect to Karl- I usually like your posts.)

Fabio- to your point ? One person hitting a move certainly does not make it ?science? in the statistical sense. This would be called anecdotal evidence, and while often valuable can always be an anomaly ? which means we cannot extrapolate any of these results. What we can compare is headlocks to cradles ? but that wasn?t the question.

The question was single vs double ? which I said in my first post was a very valid ? interesting question.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.