Roncali Rebels

overtime

Surprise team to challenge PM for the team title at the bank. Little Ellis, King, McGinley, James, Nichols, and Kieffer are all going to be state place winners. Thats six right there. I know coach Ellis always finds a way to get some unknown to the state finals. Watch out for James and Ellis to contend for titles also not just place. They have been working out like crazy this off season and want the county title first.

Surprise team to challenge PM for the team title at the bank. Little Ellis, King, McGinley, James, Nichols, and Kieffer are all going to be state place winners. Thats six right there. I know coach Ellis always finds a way to get some unknown to the state finals. Watch out for James and Ellis to contend for titles also not just place. They have been working out like crazy this off season and want the county title first.

Little Ellis couldn't place at Middle School State as an 8th grader. So he's gonna place at High School State as a freshman?

Perry returns two 7th placers, two runner-ups, a third placer that likely could have been runner-up, a nationally ranked kid, and some semi-state qualifiers. Keep in mind the JV kids filling the spots this year were JV because they were behind that line up.

Perry is just as untouchable as last year.

First off,Overtime although I appreciate your enthusiasm, Roncalli has a long way to go before we can compete with Perry Meridian. Secondly IU89 little Ellis isnt on here pumping himself up. We are just hoping he can make the team this year. So before you start talking smack  about a very humble 14 year old kid why dont you man up and put your real name on here. I am Lance Ellis and my kid doesnt need any more pressure on him than he already has from people like you. Sorry for the rant but please do not mess with my kid, he is already a better person than I will ever be. No matter how many matches he wins in wrestling.

First off,Overtime although I appreciate your enthusiasm, Roncalli has a long way to go before we can compete with Perry Meridian. Secondly IU89 little Ellis isnt on here pumping himself up. We are just hoping he can make the team this year. So before you start talking smack  about a very humble 14 year old kid why dont you man up and put your real name on here. I am Lance Ellis and my kid doesnt need any more pressure on him than he already has from people like you. Sorry for the rant but please do not mess with my kid, he is already a better person than I will ever be. No matter how many matches he wins in wrestling.

That is how a true father acts for his son. Lance I hope other fathers on here can learn from your example.

I truely hope that Roncolli has that great of a year and I am sure Lance will do all he can to have his wrestlers ready to challenge the best of the best.  When it comes to beating Perry, he only way anyone has a chance of beating Perry will be due to the new team score set up this year.  With that method of determaning a team state champ anything can happen.

IU89, your post was totally uncalled for.  Nick is a great kid and a great wrestler.  Obviously you were not filled in on the details of last years middle school state finals.... Nick "Little Ellis" was still in it to place 2nd when he suffered a hit to the head that caused a concussion.  If you would have been watching the match that it occured in you would have seen him go from winning by eithter 6 or 8 to being very slow and unable to funtion properly, then he injury defaulted in the next match, which was for 7/8 so he did place, and was out for the rest of the season.  I believe that Nick has what it takes to be right in there again this year. But the trueth is, he is a freshman that at this point just wants to go out and compete and see what happens.

I hope the Ellis' don't mind me jumping in here and shedding a little light on the discussion, but I hate to see someone talk about Nick like that.  The Ellis family do nothing but make Indiana better on and off the mat.

In closing, Good luck Rebels, Falcons and GO DRAGONS!

I  want to say. THAT'S LANCE ELLIS RIGHT THERE!

Lance you are still the man and a great father.

The relationship you have with your boys On and off the mat Has served as a great example And has taught me a lot in how to deal with my own boys.

Thanks

Well said Lance.....With the short time that my 4 year old grandson was in your room you and Coach Miller still found a lot of time to spend with him as an individual.  All of your high school wrestlers did as well especially your son and David Mappes.  I have the utmost respect for them and your program..  I wish that my daughter still lived on the southside....You, your family and all of your wrestlers have something really special going on there on the south side.  Keep up the Great Work......

By the way, the first post here had James on it....Is Conner back out this year?  He is a super kid as well.

Thanks to you and your whole coaching staff and team and have a great year.

RD

Well said Lance, Nick is a great kid and he will do just fine. Good luck to him and your team this year. I have to agree with one other thing posted on here. You do have a few kids this year on a team you are rebuilding that I expect to see at state this year. Again, Good Luck!!!

MacDaddy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.