John Tatom -Hamilton Southeastern-145-N-N-6

Dylan Jones-Avon-195-N-N-6

Nick Bova-Perry Meridian-138-N-8-7

Brad Busse-Bellmont-182-N-N-7

Jared Boehm-Heritage Hills-220-N-N-8

Nathan Wright-Evansville Mater Dei-285-N-N-8

Logan Wedding-Evansville Memorial-126-N-6-SQ

Donte Winfield-Perry Meridian-285-N-N-SQ

Very interesting that there are only 2 with the potential to be 4x all state, Farrell and Sliga.

I think there is a very good reason for this, that being last year's class being extremely strong.  On paper this year's class looks tremendously weaker, but you have to factor in last year we had 12 senior state champions including a 4-timer, 3-timer and a 2-timer.

I do agree,  last  years Class was arguably one of the top classes to come out of Indiana.  For me it will be fun to watch the Campbell Petrov showdown another 4 years with Petrov at Bucknell and Campbell at the Naval Academy.  Good luck to all this upcoming year!

I do agree,  last  years Class was arguably one of the top classes to come out of Indiana.  For me it will be fun to watch the Campbell Petrov showdown another 4 years with Petrov at Bucknell and Campbell at the Naval Academy.  Good luck to all this upcoming year!

Just the 103 lb Weight Class from 2008-2009 Will leave that void. Losing 1564 career wins , 16 career Under-The-Light finalists (which could have been a few more were it not for injuries), and 11 State Titles.

2008 - 2009 103 LB WEIGHT CLASS FRESHMAN  CAREER RECORDS - Alph-Order

Kyle Ayersman ? Lake Central                      Career (193-2)                    99% Career Win Percentage             

Place (3rd -103, 1st-112, 1st ? 119, 1st-126)                                Finals-3 ,              Placed- 4, Qual ? 4

Todd Batt South Adams                                  Career  (150-19)                89% CWP

Place (SQ- 103, DNQ ? 119, SQ? 125, 2nd - 132)                  Finals ? 1            Placed ? 1, Qual ? 2

Jarred Brooks - Warsaw                                  Career  (139-6)                    96% CWP

Place (DNQ-SS-6th, 5th - 103, 2nd - 112, 1st - 113)          Finals ? 2              Placed - 3 Qual ? 3

Brendan Campbell ? New Castle                  Career (207-5)                    98% CWP

Place (Medical**, 3rd-112, 2nd-119, 2nd-120)                          Finals ? 2              Placed - 3 Qual ? 3*

Brian Harvey Indianapolis Cathedral           Career  (174-19)                  95% CWP             

Place (6th - 103, 6th - 112, 5th - 130, 1st - 160)                          Finals ? 1              Placed - 3 Qual ? 4

Jared McKinley Perry Meridian                    Career  (196-8)                    96% CWP

Place (SQ-103, 4th-112, 1st-126, 1st-132)                    Finals - 2                Placed - 3 Qual ? 4

Paul Petrov - Hanover Central                       Career  (180-12)                  94% CWP             

Place (DNQ-SS-103, 2nd-103, 4th-112, 1st-119)                        Finals ? 2              Placed - 3 Qual ? 4

Cody Phillips Union County                            Career  (168-4)                    98% CWP

Place (1st - 103, 1st - 103, 3rd - 112, SQDNP - 126)                  Finals ? 2              Placed - 3 Qual ? 4

Mason Todd - Pendleton Heights                  Career  (157-9)                    95% CWP

Place (SQ-103, 5th-112, 1st-119, 3rd-119)                                    Finals ? 1              Placed - 3 Qual ? 4

Career Win 95.3%      Career Record (1564-84)              8 Undefeated seasons 

Total State Titles Among Group = 11                        Total State Finalists = 16

# of Wrestlers from Class who won Titles 7          # of Wrestlers from Class who made Finals ? All 9

Finalists in 2011 as Seniors = 7

Very interesting that there are only 2 with the potential to be 4x all state, Farrell and Sliga.

but they do have the potential to have 3 2x state champs....

last years senior class was just unreal... Tsirtsis, Ayersman, McKinley, Jackson, Phillips, Todd, Petrov, Brooks... 

but they do have the potential to have 3 2x state champs....

last years senior class was just unreal... Tsirtsis, Ayersman, McKinley, Jackson, Phillips, Todd, Petrov, Brooks...  

This years senior have some studs for sure, but based on recent results it looks like this coming years Junior class may have the larger group of national talent to talk about in the future.  As mentioned, this year's seniors are a little underrated due to the state accomplishments of the group that preceded them.

So maybe we should create a new topic.  Top 10 Juniors.  Anybody want to give it a shot?

Something tells me we're going to have to wait until after their season before we can start ranking most of the juniors, because I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of surprises this season.

As of now, we'd have to include Boston, Micic, Hayden Lee, Corsaro, LeCount, Kelley, McCloskey, and  Gelen Robinson.

Something tells me we're going to have to wait until after their season before we can start ranking most of the juniors, because I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of surprises this season.

As of now, we'd have to include Boston, Micic, Hayden Lee, Corsaro, LeCount, Kelley, McCloskey, and  Gelen Robinson.

Have to agree, could be a lot of late bloomers, but the cadate results are impressive and you do have 2 or 3 of those horses.  Statistically after their Sophomore year,  this years 2012 class had about  20 state placers, while this years group of Sophomore class had about or 14 (6 in the 106 lb weight class), so this years Sophomore class is pretty solid, but the rivalries (other than Boston - Micic) are not there yet as the depth has not taken shape.  However, I also think their collective strength is more conducive to Freestyle than to collegiate/folkstyle. 

IMO,

> Boston - tough, but can he grow and come back to answer the bell and dominate or is he a 106 lb legend (ala Greg Freije or Scott Ellis)

> Micic - tough, tough, tough.  Where does he end up at weight wise? Does he become the same guy at the 119 -132 lb weight? I think he does.

> Kelly quitely impressed me and has a lot of upside.

> Le Count - I think he has the most upside and will grow.  As I noted before, he looks very comfortable

working his offense inside, and left or right.  Most of the coaches and elders here can tell you how you really

can't teach kids this, if ever, as that comes from wrestling a long time.

> Gelen Robinson - just think what you could do with a kid that athletic if you had him year round, full time.

> Branden James - not in this class, but he gave Brooks fans a it of a nail biter for a while in a hard fought semi.

> Micic - tough, tough, tough.  Where does he end up at weight wise? Does he become the same guy at the 119 -132 lb weight? I think he does.
Completely agree. If he bumped up to 120 this year I bet he'd take it, still being pretty small. This kid is definitely one of the top pound for pound in the state.

Same goes for LeCount. I could see him upsetting Molloy if they meet up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.