New Castle Semi State Rankings 10-25-12

• 3 weeks later...

I think you are going to find that espically in the ligher weights.  Guys will be changing quite a bit.

From 126-113 there will be a lot of changers.  I can tell you for sure that Jack Chastain will not be

at 106.

LOL well thanks for the very vague information

• 4 weeks later...

I would throw Daniel Howard(12th) in there from Batesville. Last year if not for an injury at EIAC he would have been to SS. He will be wrestling again at 182 and was ranked 12th into SS last year.

I believe Riffle is going 195. My son has practiced with him a couple of times and I know at Garrett he wrestled 198.

I would throw Daniel Howard(12th) in there from Batesville. Last year if not for an injury at EIAC he would have been to SS. He will be wrestling again at 182 and was ranked 12th into SS last year.

I believe Riffle is going 195. My son has practiced with him a couple of times and I know at Garrett he wrestled 198.

Riffle will be going 195.

Some one to look at for 170 is Will Amberger from Batesville. He's a Sophmore that won Sectionals and made Semi-state at 170 last year as a Freshman and will be back at 170. Also at regions he lost to Spencer Sargent who's ranked 5th at 182 in OT if that helps any.

If you need some wrestlers for 132 Brian Struewing senior from East Central is a 2x Semi-state Qualifier at 119 and 126. Finished 3rd in regionals behind Cody Phillips and Tom Gettinger and lost to Locke first round of Semi-state. He's also a 2x semi-state qualifier.

Connersville

106 Brooke Bunch Fargo Women's 7th place

120 Dylan Bunch RQ

132will o Farrow RQ

126 T Gettinger(beat Mcigley last season and Brokal from BS)

145 Dylan Shirkey( lost to Rypel by 1 at freestyle state final) also beat Manning from SD

152 Cody Steele SSQ

160 Cody Day RQ( 1-1). Against Hittle of RU

170 Colton Gonzales  multi time ISWA placer first chance at varsity as a sophomore

182 M Vessels RQ

195 Brady Bolos RQ 

220 John Marvel SSQ

285 Cody Phillips SSQ and RQ

Looks like Coach Red "will have" 2 Champs this year. Cash at 120 (he'll take this one, no Boston in his way) and Red at 106. Not a bad start to his first year running things for the Dragons.

WILL HAVE!  You're painting a pretty large target on these 2 young men.  Not sure, but I bet Coach Red doesn't want you crowning these 2 as State Champs already.

Considering this is a " Semi State" post, then I have to assume that Coatrack thinks that Red and Cash will win Semi State, not necessarily state.  I think both these boys already have a target on them just because they have had some success in the past. So, it really doesn't matter what is said about them. We do appreciate the support and they have a lot of wrestling to do before Semi State.  Hopefully they will do their best and live up to the predictions.  Only time and hard work will tell.  Good luck to all this season!

Miller News, sorry I wasn't more specific. I did indeed mean Semi-State champs. That's why I put it under New Castle Semi-State. I don't believe that's a target on either one of these wrestlers, if you've been around wrestling in Indiana for the last 8 years, trust me, these two names aren't a secret. One is ranked #1 and the other is ranked #3 in the state!   

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.