Disney Updates?

AJ

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is Perry wrestling , as I don't think Penn's gold team has been beaten yet .

Penn just lost to Dakota 38 to 25 I believe!  Nice Run for Penn! 

The unbelievable thing is Perry does it with there own kids, and doesn't bring back graduated seniors.

Last years team was the first in Disney Duals history to win it with no outside members or graduated seniors!!

Perry, Penn, and Bloomington South all won their final matches!

Perry 1st

Penn 3rd

Bloomington South 5th

Great job to all ! Yorktown as well!

Indiana dominated the tourney.

Perry blue had 4 undefeated wrestlers:

106 Jacob Cottey 10-0 9 falls

120 Brandon James 10-0 7 falls (OW)

132 Cody LeCount 10-0 9 falls ( believe he beat a nationally ranked Fargo Runner-up)

285 Donte Winfield 10-0 6 falls I think

Wrestlers with one loss:

126 Aiden Kenny 9-1

138 Nick Bova 9-1

160 Paul Matthews 9-1

Wrestlers with 2 losses:

145 Keanu Cooper 8-2

152 Riley McClurg 8-2

170 Jake Masengale 8-2

182 Nathan Warman 8-2

3 losses

113 Nugn Uk 7-3

Penn just lost to Dakota 38 to 25 I believe!   Nice Run for Penn! 

The unbelievable thing is Perry does it with there own kids, and doesn't bring back graduated seniors.

Last years team was the first in Disney Duals history to win it with no outside members or graduated seniors!!

McClurg was an 'outside member' last year.  If Perry wanted to pick up extra guys, last year they would have only been able to pick up 2 because McClurg would have counted as the third.  Unless he had a report card from perry for the previous year.

Still impressive though, they have a solid program, lots of work has gotten them to this point.  Nice job Indiana teams.  We miss going and should be back next year.

McClurg was an 'outside member' last year.  If Perry wanted to pick up extra guys, last year they would have only been able to pick up 2 because McClurg would have counted as the third.  Unless he had a report card from perry for the previous year.

Still impressive though, they have a solid program, lots of work has gotten them to this point.  Nice job Indiana teams.  We miss going and should be back next year.

Thanks for your comment MR. AAU RULE explainer!!!

Wow!  Did you even think about what you wrote? 

Called him an "OUTSIDER" then Qualified it with, unless "he had a report card from Perry."

You would have looked MUCH CLASSIER if you would have left off that First Paragraph and first sentence of the next line!

I think the point being made is that Perry only uses their own kids, I think your mistake was thinking Riley had not transferred yet. Although even if he had not already been a PM  student as you suggested, his intentions were to do so and the point being Perry doesn't go looking for wrestlers from other programs for this tourney year in and year out. Even more impressive is the fact they don't use guys lke Kirk Johnson or Jared McKinley even though eligable to do so, they choose to only use wrestlers that are returning students the followng season. Congrats to the Falcons and way to represent Indiana, and doing so in such a respectable manner!

I think the point being made is that Perry only uses their own kids, I think your mistake was thinking Riley had not transferred yet. Although even if he had not already been a PM  student as you suggested, his intentions were to do so and the point being Perry doesn't go looking for wrestlers from other programs for this tourney year in and year out. Even more impressive is the fact they don't use guys lke Kirk Johnson or Jared McKinley even though eligable to do so, they choose to only use wrestlers that are returning students the followng season. Congrats to the Falcons and way to represent Indiana, and doing so in such a respectable manner!

Agreed -- Perry is EXCELLENT representation for IN wrestling. I can't see how they could be any classier in this event.

Thank you Perry coaches and wrestlers, and all the IN teams that went for making IN wrestling look so good.

Jasper finished the duals 12th in division II.  They went 6-5 for the tournament.  We lost 4 very close battles all within 4 pts.  Memorial beat us pretty good.  We had all Jasper Wrestlers. One is an incoming freshman and one was a JV last season.  We gave up 2 forfiets the last 2 days right out of the gate and went 5-1 those last 2 days.  We didnt have a heavy weight the entire tournament!  I watched all the teams from Indiana and we all represented the state well.  In the finals on Monday there were 12 mats wrestling and Indiana had 7 teams wrestling out of those 12.  Pretty impressive for our state to have all the teams wrestling til the end.  I enjoyed talking to everyone and all the teams were supportive of each other.  Congrats to all the teams!

Coach Eckert

Congrats to ALL Indiana Teams great showing by all. As a parent of a member of Perry Silver ( underclass or JV team) it was great to see the other Indiana pulling for our Blue team in the Championship round hearing Yorktown chanting INDIANA....INDIANA as the dual was going on and Penn wrestling on the adjoining mat at the same time with some of their wrestlers watching from time to time. All Indiana teams represented our State well. Great job by all the wrestlers, managers, and coaching staffs that had to go deep for Mondays matches. Thank you to all involved wrestlers, managers, coaches and volunteer coaches that stepped up on Monday. :D

Thanks for your comment MR. AAU RULE explainer!!!

Wow!  Did you even think about what you wrote?   

Called him an "OUTSIDER" then Qualified it with, unless "he had a report card from Perry."

You would have looked MUCH CLASSIER if you would have left off that First Paragraph and first sentence of the next line!

Relax.  I didn't know he transferred before the end of the year.  Not a big deal, I could care less.  They could have 7 kids a year transfer there each year, I don't care, I'm not hating on them.  They work hard, that's why they're good, that's the bottom line.  The only reason I brought it up is because a similar situation happened with us a couple of years ago.  We were only able to pick up 2 kids because a kid that transferred to our school didn't have a end of year report card from our school.

I'm not trying to look classy or not, just having a discussion.

Over the last few years it seems the coverage has actually went backwards.  They used to show updated brackets too so we could see how the pools ended up and the teams progressed after.  Word is there are plans in place to step up coverage of the event next year in order to get the event more national clout.  I guess we will have to wait until then to see if that actually occurs.

It is quite disheartening as an Indiana wrestling fan that teams like Perry Meridian, Penn, and Yorktown choose to attend Disney Duals in lieu of encouraging their kids to go to Cadet and Junior Duals in preparation for Fargo.  Here we have 3 of the better teams in our state choosing to wrestle in some vacation-style folkstyle tournament with so many divisions and classifications that nearly their whole team posted perfect records against watered down competition.  At the same time, our joke of a Junior Duals team, which can't even fill out the full roster goes and gets pummeled for a week straight as the rest of the states like Illinois, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Ohio, etc. send their best kids to compete with the nation's best.  Our priorities as a state are out of line, and until our top programs choose to change the culture and the ISWA chooses to encourage our best kids to compete at Junior Duals, like Illinois does, we will continue to be a laughing stock at such prestigious tournaments such as Junior Duals.

RegionRoyalty (or whoever you are) - You said it yourself, "you are a fan".  I suggest you jump into the coaching ranks.  Go take over your own program and then you can have your boys compete wherever you would like to take them based on your philosophies.  Who ever said Fargo was the best bang for a kid's buck?  Or that Fargo is what every kid in a program is ready for?  Certainly you are entitled to your own "fan" opinion, but again, you said it yourself... maybe some of the "top teams" in Indiana have discovered that the AAU Scholastic Duals club event is what is best for their program.

It is quite disheartening as an Indiana wrestling fan that teams like Perry Meridian, Penn, and Yorktown choose to attend Disney Duals in lieu of encouraging their kids to go to Cadet and Junior Duals in preparation for Fargo.  Here we have 3 of the better teams in our state choosing to wrestle in some vacation-style folkstyle tournament with so many divisions and classifications that nearly their whole team posted perfect records against watered down competition.  At the same time, our joke of a Junior Duals team, which can't even fill out the full roster goes and gets pummeled for a week straight as the rest of the states like Illinois, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Ohio, etc. send their best kids to compete with the nation's best.  Our priorities as a state are out of line, and until our top programs choose to change the culture and the ISWA chooses to encourage our best kids to compete at Junior Duals, like Illinois does, we will continue to be a laughing stock at such prestigious tournaments such as Junior Duals.

you sound stupid right now. just my OPINION. 

RegionRoyalty (or whoever you are) - You said it yourself, "you are a fan".  I suggest you jump into the coaching ranks.  Go take over your own program and then you can have your boys compete wherever you would like to take them based on your philosophies.  Who ever said Fargo was the best bang for a kid's buck?  Or that Fargo is what every kid in a program is ready for?  Certainly you are entitled to your own "fan" opinion, but again, you said it yourself... maybe some of the "top teams" in Indiana have discovered that the AAU Scholastic Duals club event is what is best for their program.

I'd argue that Fargo is not the best bang for the buck, and we can thank the ISWA for that. Illinois charges half the price, they fly to Fargo, and stay in a hotel with air conditioning, while Indiana takes a bus (the most recent trip had a bus break down at 2am in the middle of nowhere), and stays in dorm rooms with no A/C.  Is the ISWA giving our best kids the best chance to win in Fargo with these accomodations?  I'd say no, and this is disturbing since Fargo (not the Mickey Mouse Duals) is the place where college coaches attend to recruit talent for the next level. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.