Tennessee Titans look to wrestling mats for draft picks

AJ

The way that article sounds, there is actually technique needed to be a heavyweight wrestler....blashphemers

C'mon now Mr H, I have always championed football players wrestling, ESPECIALLY the big guys.  I have always contended that they will get more benefit from the conditioning and training they would get in a wrestling room (foot speed - such as it is - hand fighting - the big boys definitely do that on the mat - and just the overall exposure to a different kind of conditioning/training) than working on their bench press and hitting tractor tires with a sledge hammer in the off season.  All that being said, however, the big boys have very little of the wrestling technique that their lighter brethern have that makes wrestling wrestling.  Tis a sad fact but a fact nonetheless.

There Mr. H goes again... picking on the big guys. 

I'd take Dremiel Byers or Tervel Dlagnev any day on a football team.  If you watched their matches at the Olympic Trials and still say they have no wrestling technique, then you're blind. 

Additionally, if you didn't see the heavyweight matches at Bankers Life or in St. Louis this year and still concur that heavyweights don't know how to wrestle - then you're missing out on seeing some good wrestling.  The big guys are much more athletic these days and you "little" old farts might find yourselves changing your tune if you actually stuck around to watch a match or two.  Better yet, keep leaving early so I can keep getting a closer seat to the action.

I know Mr. H, tongue in cheek.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.