Jason Tsirtsis: INTERMAT's 2012 Wrestler of the Year

lpd096

Congratulations Jason! Jake and I wish you the very best!! It's been a pleasure watching you compete since your middle school days. The RWA family couldn't be any more proud and we'll be traveling to Evanston to root you on!!  :)

Shane and Jake Tucker

http://www.intermatwrestle.com/articles/10063?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

There are several wrestlers that are All-Americans: Micic, Boston, Brooks, Ayersman, McKinley, and others.........Great Job Wrestlers.........and coaches

I noticed the same thing.  Indiana had guys littered all over the place up until 145.  Then I think only Sliga in the top 7 weight classes.  

Also:  Todd, Molloy, Petrov, Jackson

A pretty big honor for Tsirtsis.  Especially to win over a guy like Massa.

Congrats to Jason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also congrats to Brooks for making first team................. and to all the other Indiana wrestlers on the list..

Speaking of the future...

My "call out" for the next great Indiana wrestler:

NICK LEE, Mater Dei.

He will immediately challenge for a state title as a Freshman and "could" win 4 titles. He's that good.

You heard it here first.  :)

BTW, he's only a 7th grader right now and competes against High Schoolers at National tournaments...and wins.

Speaking of the future...

My "call out" for the next great Indiana wrestler:

NICK LEE, Mater Dei.

He will immediately challenge for a state title as a Freshman and "could" win 4 titles. He's that good.

You heard it here first.  :)

BTW, he's only a 7th grader right now and competes against High Schoolers at National tournaments...and wins.

Pablo Forfeito looks to be promising too.  I can't wait to see him in wrestle this year.

There are several wrestlers that are All-Americans: Micic, Boston, Brooks, Ayersman, McKinley, and others.........Great Job Wrestlers.........and coaches

Interesting, Boston and Micic, are #4 & #5 at 106.  I think these are two very good wrestlers with great futures, and have done well nationally on Cadet level.  Would be a fun exercise to see how these two would have done against the outgoing 2012 Senior class that made up the 2008-2009 that were all 103 lb Freshman up through 5 weeks of the state series as Freshman or Sophomores.  I think some of these guys would beat Boston or Micic.  I don't see Boston or Micic beating Ayersman, Campbell, Phillips, or Petrov in their first two years - in folkstyle.

Further look at the combined 4 year career of that 103 lb Freshman class is quite revealing to just how tough the guys in that weight class

were.  It would be hard to find a weight class with Freshman that turned out such a buzzsaw for 4 years that produced 7 individuals who

won championships, and another 2 who were 2nd:

2008-2009 INDIANA 103 LB Freshman Class

Group Career Win % 95.3% % Combined Career Record (1724-84) Undefeated seasons:  8

STATE TITLES: 11   State Runner-Ups: 5 STATE Finalists:  16

Guys who won at least one State Title: 7 Top4 Finishes:  22

Kyle Ayersman ? Lake Central Career (193-2) 99% Career Win Percentage (CWP)

Place (3rd - 103, 1st - 112, 1st - 119, 1st - 126) Finals-3 , Placed- 4x,

Todd Batt South Adams Career (150-19) 89% CWP

Place (SQDNP - 103, DNQ? 119, SQDNP ? 125, 2nd - 132) Finals ? 1     Placed ? 1x  

Jarred Brooks - Warsaw Career (139-6) 96% CWP

Place (DNQ-SS-6th, 5th - 103, 2nd - 112, 1st - 113) Finals ? 2 Placed ? 3x

Brendan Campbell ? New Castle Career (207-5)   98% CWP

Place (DNQ-Inj*, 3rd-112, 2nd-119, 2nd-120) Finals ? 2 Placed ? 3x

Brian Harvey Indianapolis Cathedral Career (174-19)   95% CWP

Place (6th - 103, 6th - 112, 5th  - 130, 1st - 160) Finals ? 1 Placed - 3x

Jared McKinley Perry Meridian Career (196-8) 96% CWP

Place (SQ-103, 4th-112, 1st-126, 1st-132) Finals - 2 Placed ? 3x

Paul Petrov - Hanover Central Career (180-12)   94% CWP

Place (DNQ-SS, 2nd, 4th, 1st) Finals ? 2 Placed ? 3x

Cody Phillips Union County Career (168-4) 98% CWP

Place (1st - 103, 1st - 103, 3rd - 112, SQDNP - 126) Finals ? 2 Placed ? 3x

Mason Todd  - Pendleton Heights Career (157-9) 95% CWP

Place (SQ, 5th, 1st, 3rd) Finals ? 1 Placed ? 3x

I noticed the same thing.  Indiana had guys littered all over the place up until 145.  Then I think only Sliga in the top 7 weight classes.  

Also:  Todd, Molloy, Petrov, Jackson

A pretty big honor for Tsirtsis.  Especially to win over a guy like Massa.

Agree - also, surprised by Jackson #14 at 138, and Ayersman #15 at 126, and Tanner Lunde.  Those weight classes must be stacked because

after 'Baby T-shirt', they are the best three prospects out of Indiana. 

No disrespect Mr. Ayersman, plenty of us think that Kyle is a very good wrestler.

However, Micic and Boston have had much more success than the 103 lb group from 2008-09.

Did Kyle ever win Fargo as a Cadet like Micic. or place second in a VERY tough 103 lb bracket at Flonationals like freshman Boston did.

Statistics are an interesting thing, but your stats compare in state matches, not national results.

Hopefully, these wrestlers will prove Intermat wrong at the next level.

Best of luck to all these fine young men.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.