Tennessee Duals Results

ChickenWing

Wow! Doing well! Shame we have two separate great teams with Gold & Outlaws....could have one amazing team...Plus kids wrestling for Ohio in Iowa and kids at Nuway...if they could all get on the same page Indiana could prove just how good we really are...Maybe they should have a selection committee, members from various areas, voting, etc...rather than a few great wrestlers here, a few there, a few studs on this team, a few on that team...

Maybe someday...Go Team Indiana / Go Outlaws!

Having a ball here in TN. You can find results at the following site:

http://www.visitkingsport.com/

Two Indiana teams make the Gold bracket. The outlaws are going for 7th and 8th. ISWA Gold is wrestling back for 3rd.

ISWA Blue is inthe silver bracket.

ISWA white is in the bronze.

Indiana boys getting good matches and having fun!

Coach Brewer

The ISWA rosters were as follows:

Team Indiana Gold: Placed 3rd in the Gold Bracket (3rd overall) Out of 22 teams.

40- Nate Rioux

45- Tyson Lane

50- Nick Castellucio

55- Ben Dalton

60- Ray Rioux

65- Alec Viduya

70- Alex Mosconi

75- Johnny Parker

80- Graham Calhoun

85- Nathan Willman

90- Nathan Conley

95- Tyler Miner

100- Carson Brewer

108- Will Nunn

116- Eli Pokorney

125- Wyatt Kramer

135- Andrew Irick

148- Chase Leeper

Hwt- Kolin Farris

Alt 50- Caden Brewer

Coaches: Ryan Parrish, Brent Mosconi, Matt Brewer

Team Indiana Blue: Placed 5th in the Silver bracket (13th overall)

40- Luke Rioux

45- David Marcum

50- Cael Miracle

55- Tyler Fuqua

60- Tyler Conley

65- Trey Lane

70- Asa Garcia

75- Blake Smith

80- Geno Mosconi

85- Chase Poynter

90- Tucker Coffman

95- Micah Dodson

100- Clay Whitney

108- Alex Hirchfield

116- Carter Germonprez

125- Drew Webster

135- Mckinley Kemper

148- FF

Hwt- DJ Koors

Alt- Brady McKivitz

Alt- Blaze Garcia

Coaches: Dustin Parrish, Pat Conley, Danny Lane

Team Indiana White: (place is 4th in Bronze 20th overall)

40- Logan Allen

45- Lucas Legear

50- Zack Smith

55- Cameron Allen

60- Camden Chatterton

65- Owen Sego

70- Eli Duke

75- Gabe Sollars

80- Zack McElfresh

85- Brooks Davis

90- Mason Winner

95- Bailey McKivitz

100- FF

108- FF

116- Logan Johnson

125- Dan Ostrowski

135- Wesley Slaven

148- FF

Hwt- Jacob Demumbrum

Coaches: Neil Sego, Jeff Duke, Matthew Rioux

I hope that everyone made it home safe.

We had a great time in TN.

Team ISWA Gold was beaten yesterday in our pool by a very tough Georgia Minion team (we got beat by 15). Then took a tough loss to Team Illinois United (the team that won it all) in the Gold bracket. BUT...... We did not give up and battled back today. At the end of the day we had the same Georgia Minion for the third and fouth place match. The line ups were the same. Team ISWA Gold came to wrestle! We beat them by 21 points. That is a 36 point swing in 24 hours. Each kid was given a job before their match and did it! The kids were very excited. The coaches and parents were VERY pleased. The kids showed alot of heart!

The other teams did very well also.

The ISWA is very proud of our youth wrestlers. This was the first time that the ISWA backed this trip and the results were awesome. This will not be the last ISWA trip for the little guys!

Wrestlers that earned All-American honors will be posted soon!

Thank you to all involved with this trip!

Matt Brewer

ISWA Folkstyle Developmental Director

ISWA Blue Team All-Ameicans were:

65- Trey Lane - Bronze (3x aau all american in out of 4 years)

75- Blake Smith - Bronze

95- Micah Dodson - Bronze

100- Clay Whitney - Bronze

108- Alex Hirchfield - Silver

Hwt- DJ Koors - Bronze

Great Job to all the boys and all 3 ISWA Teams

Team ISWA Gold All-Americans were

45- Tyson Lane - Bronze                 7-2 (three time aau all-american)

55- Ben Dalton - Silver                   8-1

50- Nick Castelluccio - Copper      6-3

65- Alec Viduya - Bronze              7-2

70- Alex Mosconi - Silver              8-1 (huge win over Jaxon Smith #1 On trackwrestling)

90- Nathan Conley - Silver         8-1

100- Carson Brewer - Silver        8-1 (Five falls)

108- Will Nunn - Bronze               7-2

116- Eli Pokorney - Silver             8-1 (1 point from be gold aa)

135- Andrew Irick  - Copper          6-3

Team ISWA White All Americans were:

60 - Camden Chatterton - Bronze

65 - Owen Sego - Bronze

70 - Eli Duke - Copper

80 - Zack McElfresh - Bronze

125 - Dan Ostrowski - Copper

5 All Americans's on the developmental team. Great job boys.

Coach Sego

Wow! Doing well! Shame we have two separate great teams with Gold & Outlaws....could have one amazing team...Plus kids wrestling for Ohio in Iowa and kids at Nuway...if they could all get on the same page Indiana could prove just how good we really are...Maybe they should have a selection committee, members from various areas, voting, etc...rather than a few great wrestlers here, a few there, a few studs on this team, a few on that team...

/ That would be amazing to watch

I personally think that if ISWA did this by state placement (results from ISWA State) that you would have a better chance of getting all the best kids on the same team. I also think you could make this so if you have a novice 80lber and a Intermediate 80 that might be close to the same claiber you could then have a wrestle off for that spot ( so on and so on). The Middle School Duals Team is set up this way, and I feel that this is the best way you can go about something like this. There are no feelings to hurt or anything like that, if you place 1st or 2nd you make the Gold and Silver Team. Seems pretty easy to me, and really fair. Then if other Indiana kids want to wrestle they go on the other teams. Just my point of view I am sure that there are some bugs that would have to be worked out, but it just seems fair. I also think the coach for this team should be the coach that wins Elementary Team State.  The second place coach gets the silver team and on and on.

I personally think that if ISWA did this by state placement (results from ISWA State) that you would have a better chance of getting all the best kids on the same team. I also think you could make this so if you have a novice 80lber and a Intermediate 80 that might be close to the same claiber you could then have a wrestle off for that spot ( so on and so on). The Middle School Duals Team is set up this way, and I feel that this is the best way you can go about something like this. There are no feelings to hurt or anything like that, if you place 1st or 2nd you make the Gold and Silver Team. Seems pretty easy to me, and really fair. Then if other Indiana kids want to wrestle they go on the other teams. Just my point of view I am sure that there are some bugs that would have to be worked out, but it just seems fair. I also think the coach for this team should be the coach that wins Elementary Team State.  The second place coach gets the silver team and on and on.

As always, good ideas from Rooks. We did invite all ISWA state placers to a camp for wrestle offs. The selection process was documented on page 113 of the ISWA book. Some bad information was put out there and we ended up with what we had. Chris Lynch and I have discussed doing a qualification tourney for next years trip. As far as coaches, we will do our best to bring the most qualified coaches possible. If my teams wins state next year, but Coach P decides to go. He gets the nod. Next year will be a qualification tourney or wrestle offs.

Rooks, I would like your input for next year. We will keep this conversation going when we see eachother. The Indiana Outlaws did great. The kids were a blast to be around. (I hope Pruitt gets some new chicklets!)

Matt Brewer

Matt that sounds great I will help anyway that I can. I think that once all the kinks get worked out everything will work itself out. Its hard to put together teams, anyone that has ever done this knows that. As far as coaches. I agree the most qualified should get the nod. However, I do think that the Elementary champ (Team coaches) and runner up should be looked at first and if they fill there is someone better and they are willing to coach than that is up to that coach to give up his spot.  I would really like to see Indiana's finest fill the gold team. I think Indiana has just as good as wrestlers as any other teams out there, we just need to figure all this out, and put all the pieces together so we can show the rest of the US.  We can discuss this more face to face. Congrats and thanks to all the Indiana teams (coaches, wrestlers and parents) for all the hard work you guys have put in. I think all the teams from Indiana represented the state very well.

Good discussion, bottom line, Indiana teams rocked it in Tennessee! It just leaves one to wonder if we truely had the best of the best on one team, could Indiana have won the whole thing...maybe, maybe not...but my guess is if the Gold team wrestled the Outlaws it would not have been a sweep...thus, we didnt have the best possible team out there representing the state...and why are there so few wrestlers from south, like Evansville, or North, like the region, or Crown Point....yet every time state roll around you see these kids battling for podium spots...all in all, great results for Indiana, but room to grow and food for thought....whoever came up with a developmental team was genius also...just getting those kids exposure could be huge in years to come...

Between Indiana Gold, Indiana Blue and Outlaws state placement this year. This did not include Indiana white, which had state places and a runner up.

12 State Champs

8 Runner ups

21 State Placers

9 DNP

4 FF

3 that I could not find results for state

Starting at Pee-wee to Novice there are 51 State Champs and Runner UPs.

I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone that put this trip together.

Thanks to Ryan Parrish, Matt Brewer and Mosconi for coaching. These guys did an amazing job all three days of wrestling.

The level of competition was exceptional and the boys battled every match.

I highly recommend this tournament as the wrestling is tough and the dual format is great for the kids. My son loved it.

Thanks again, Kevin Pokorney

Indiana represented themselves very well!  Kids were very competitive and even better they were the most well behaved teams in the tournament.  All of the tournament officals were very impressed with the following that Indiana had at this tournament.  With that being said I am very confident that if we had the best Indiana wrestler at each and every weight we still do not beat the likes of Iowa and or Illinois United.  The thing about it is that these teams are ot as talented as our teams.  They are just very fundumentally sound.  The Outlaws were shut out by Iowa Black but we had six matches decided by one point and three others that were decided by two.  If we made mistakes we paid for it as they capitalized on every one of them.  Iowa makes a huge deal of this tournament each and every year.  They have a tournament where this team is decided and it is a goal of each and every wrestler to make this team as an elementary age wrestler.  In our dual you saw nothing but singles, doubles, hooks and halfs.  Every kid did the exact same thing actually very boring but equally as affective.  I do not not have the answers on how we beat teams of this calibur but I applaud the efforts of the ISWA as this is the highest Indiana has ever placed in there first season taking a team.  Matt Brewer did a heck of a job getting this put together.  Hats off to him and all of the Indiana contingent it was a great time!

Bryan Bailey

I did do the qualifier tournament for 2 years and had good numbers.   I think I had close to 250 the 2nd year, but I was still competing with other people who were still wanting to take a team. It watered down the teams and as long as you have people on different pages, this is what is going to happen.  It didn't bother me that other people wanted to take a team, what bothered me was that they were going after the kids that were already on the qualifier  teams.   I just think that if there is a qualifier then people should go through the qualifier to make the team and then if someone wants to take another team after the qualifier team or teams are put together then they should pull from kids who did not make the team but still want to go for the experience and mat time, not try and talk kids off of the qualifier teams. The other problem I had was the others taking teams would try and get some of the better kids to commit before the qualifier.  Unfortunately it was the same people that yelled about how a qualifier was the only fair way to do the teams and when I gave it to them, they still weren't happy.    I do hope that someday it all works out and Indiana gets the chance to take a team that truely shows the high caliber of wrestlers, from top to bottom, that we have here in Indiana.  We have great wrestlers here and year after year we get stronger as a state.  Now we just need to work on being more united.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.