IN VS IL

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

170 - Jackson (IL state champ) MD over Sean Mappes - 18-9

Nathan Jackson, along with Tsirtsis was the most impressive wrestler so far.  This was a takedown clinic.  Mappes looked like he was standing still as Jackson took him down at will.  Mappes did hang in there, however most of his points were from being cut. 

So far the announcer has mispronounced almost every Indiana wrestler's name. The most impressive, however, was Durrel Peepers from Maryville HS, and his coach, Davis Maldonado  ;D

I liked Ayresman as Izerman myself  :)

I am very surprised by the performance of a couple of the indiana studs.  My son and I went thru the matchups last night and we both had 132 & 138 going to indiana, tho  we felt 132 could be a toss  up.  This looked to be a good year for indiana.  What happened?  I agree we looked gassed, disinterested or both in some critical matches.  Is illinois that much better or should little stock be put in this match?

The result does not surprise me that much.  Illinois is really deep and sent a really good team this year.  I was not surprised that Jackson and Mckinley lost.  Silvestro and Richards are studs.  I was surprised at how tired Jackson and Mckinley looked.  McMurtry is really good but Harvey should have won that match.  Dechow beat Sliga last year in freestyle so we knew he would be good, I thought Lynde wrestled well against him.  Glad it was on the web this year pretty cool to watch the dual.  I wish Klimara would have wrestled Ayersman would have been a great match. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.