Shame on the BTN

IMAWRESTLER

That was hilarious.

However, I'll give credit to the Northwestern students that covered the NW vs. Indiana dual meet on BTN. They knew exactly what was going on and gave good commentary. One of the guys had a lisp but in this day in age there's nothing wrong with that. Or so I've been told.

That was hilarious.

However, I'll give credit to the Northwestern students that covered the NW vs. Indiana dual meet on BTN. They knew exactly what was going on and gave good commentary. One of the guys had a lisp but in this day in age there's nothing wrong with that. Or so I've been told.

That is because Northwestern students are smart!

It's the student network rather than the normal Big 10 Network, but that is still just poor planning.  You would at least think someone would have the foresight to have a student sports broadcaster team up with someone in the community with a wrestling knowledge base.  The production team/professor dropped the ball on that one.

yeah its terrible,,  i dvr all the matches,,,  and  the "student" ran matches i HAVE to turn down the sound!!!! "holding him down" "got his leg"  gezzhhh its awful,,, they cant atleast student the language  before they call it,  d@@@ im still pi**@@!!! 

For GOD sake even if you know nothing, a simple take down is not hard to understand, yet that one idiot kept calling a take down every time the defensive wrestler came up a bit and went back to the mat.  That whole clip made me giggle.  I saw another Big 10 match where a chick called the match, and she knew absolutely nothing but tried to act like she did.  Surely a fan in the crowd would do a better job.

ok  does anyone think the Big Ten errrrr 12,,  is doing this on purpose so they can say "well since te viewership is down so much, we cant afford to braodcast any dual matches'',,  for god sake, if they dont want to pay the $ Gibbions & the other guy, i say hire to 2 broadcasters from WNBD (?), those guys do a great job!

I know that this was WAYYYYYYY OVER THE TOP AWFUL.  That said, I actually think this is a great program for students to participate in.  Most of them have done their homework and are at least competent.  Not that anything said here will have any bearing on the status of these broadcasts, but lets be happy that we have these matches on TV.  I, for one, love DVRing all of them and watching 8-10 duals a year, the big 10 championships, and several rounds of NCAA Championships (on ESPN).  We have come a long way.

Also wanted to say that the video was HILARIOUS!!!!  I think Mackintosh just got another reversal!

The Nebraska student run production was by far the worst of all the "broadcast" teams this year.I felt the Nortwestern broadcasters were the best but the one young man had an extremely high pitched voice that made Mike Tyson sound like a baritone.Still I think its great that students got their chance to broadcast but the Nebraska team was bad. I seem to remember the Purdue students were pretty good also.

I like when Johnson and Gibbons do the big meets.They are good on the microphone and very informative.I guess my only complaint is they are Iowa State guys and I would think there are some Big Ten people that could be used.What happened to Lee Kemp? He was enjoyable to listen to.

You get the takearound by starting from the high position and then going for an illegal trip reversal.

Only if you can avoid the illegal fist to the back. If not, the match would proceed to an automatic square deal with no stalworths awarded to either wrestler.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.