Dating back to 02'-03' Season:

103/106-Cody Phillips 9 Union County

112/113-Harper 10 Mish

119/120-Ayersman 11 Lake Central

125/126-Escobedo 10 Griffith

130/132-Wrestle off between Hernandez 11 Griffith and Humphrey 12 LN

135/138-Wrestle off between Irwin 12 Belmont and Jackson 12 Yorktown

140/145-Alex Tsirtiss 12

145/152-Lots of great names (Sandefer, Howe 10, Walpole, Pribble) but thanks to the wt class change its an easy decision Jason Tsirtiss 12

152/160-Another stacked wt class but Im taking McMurry 11 Portage

160/170-Howe 12 Hanover Central

171/182-Maurer 12 MD

189/195-Sliga 11 Fishers

215/220-Just going off of a very dominate performance at State Trey Reece 12 Indian Creek

HWT-Wrestle off between Larrimore 12 Merriville and Adams 12 PM

I might be missing a few but this lineup would be sick!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

112/113-Harper 10 Mish

140/145-Alex Tsirtiss 12

145/152-Lots of great names (Sandefer, Howe 10, Walpole, Pribble) but thanks to the wt class change its an easy decision Jason Tsirtiss 12

171/182-Maurer 12 MD

189/195-Sliga 11 Fishers

215/220-Just going off of a very dominate performance at State Trey Reece 12 Indian Creek

Nathan Clevlend ( sorry if I mispelled the last name) from Lowell would have dominated Trey Reece

You're right but who's to say he chooses bottom? Lol

Reese is a monster on his feet.

Who says Cleveland doesn't take top?  Either way, o'brien was the best 215 pounder in the last decade for sure and I don't remember many probably the best Indiana has seen. 

Who says Cleveland doesn't take top?  Either way, o'brien was the best 215 pounder in the last decade for sure and I don't remember many probably the best Indiana has seen. 

I saw that O'Brian went undefeated as a soph but had four losses as a Junior. Who did he lose to?

brent surface -hwt

Surface had 1 loss his senior yr. PINNED at semi-state by John Sandberg. SAndberg was upset in the semi's at state but had he made it to the finals he would have beat Surface again IMO. Surface was tough but no way hes the best HWT  champ in the last 1o yrs

Dexter gets my vote.

I saw that O'Brian went undefeated as a soph but had four losses as a Junior. Who did he lose to?

I believe these were all injury defaults during the state tournament series.  I know for sure he had two injury defaults at semi state to take 4th that year because he met Buhman (sp) from Portage in the first round of state.  Buhman was probably the second best wrestler at 215 in the state that year.

jake o'brien was a 3x state champ cmon now

True. But i think i would take Junior Kasten 215 champ over senior Obrien 215 champ

As a Senior obrien wrestled Kasten in the semi's, and beat him in a close one 8-5. Kasten was only a sophomore. I think Kasten junior yr he would have beaten Obrien as a senior.

Kasten went SQ,3,1,1 & would have been a 3X champ if not for that semi finals loss as a soph. Both were studs

These 2 both went 2 purdue until obrien made  a run at the UFC. I wonder who won in the wrestle offs?

idk close match bro

Not really to sure about "close". No disrespect to Reece. But Cleveland was a "differant" athlete at that weight than I've seen in a long time. He didn't quite have the skills of Sliga, but he had that kind of athletasism on a much bigger frame. IMO Cleveland majors Reece.

jake o'brien was a 3x state champ cmon now

I forgot about Jake O'Brien.  He was a beast.

Not really to sure about "close". No disrespect to Reece. But Cleveland was a "differant" athlete at that weight than I've seen in a long time. He didn't quite have the skills of Sliga, but he had that kind of athletasism on a much bigger frame. IMO Cleveland majors Reece.

I picked Reece based on a very dominate performance at State his Senior year.  No Doubt Cleveland was a monster but I just went with Reece because he obliterated the field.  Not sure either is a bad choice.

112/113-Harper 10 Mish

140/145-Alex Tsirtiss 12

171/182-Maurer 12 MD

189/195-Sliga 11 Fishers

you think junior ayersman would beat freshman alex tsirtsis????

I believe these were all injury defaults during the state tournament series.  I know for sure he had two injury defaults at semi state to take 4th that year because he met Buhman (sp) from Portage in the first round of state.  Buhman was probably the second best wrestler at 215 in the state that year.

And 189 pound champ Nathan Moore beat both of them. Nate beat Jake at the Capital City Classic and in the Marion County finals. He then bumped up the first round of team state and defeated Buhman of Portage. The end of that year kind of sucked for Buhman. He was the 2nd best 215-pounder that year, but because of Jake's illness at semi state and taking 4th, Buhman got the bad draw Friday night and then turned around the next weekend to face Moore. Undefeated, then 2 loses to 2 state champions.

And 189 pound champ Nathan Moore beat both of them. Nate beat Jake at the Capital City Classic and in the Marion County finals. He then bumped up the first round of team state and defeated Buhman of Portage. The end of that year kind of sucked for Buhman. He was the 2nd best 215-pounder that year, but because of Jake's illness at semi state and taking 4th, Buhman got the bad draw Friday night and then turned around the next weekend to face Moore. Undefeated, then 2 loses to 2 state champions.

Sounds like Moore was a real stud, did he wrestle in college?

I think he is trying to only use each wrestler once... since he has alex at 140, he can't be at 119.

Cool point for you my friend.

Yes was trying to use each wrestler only once.

BTW how about having J. Tsirtiss and A. Tsirtiss back to back in the lineup!!!  Wow

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.